rANDom vIdeo gaMe nEws

Amentep

On 5/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, HoonDing said:

I can't stand weeb games that are too weeb.

Same, 'tis why I always been a fan of weeb games that merge with Western culture, like survival horror and Dark Souls, and some FF titles and others as well.

And yes, to be fair, Western games that are too Western (CoD, EA Sports, etc) also suck mostly.

Eh, since it doesn't really fit in anywhere specifically I'll drop it here:

186522324_10159552883320746_653575980032

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 hour ago, kanisatha said:

This game looks good so far, I'll be following its development :geek:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 5/18/2021 at 12:26 AM, Raithe said:

Eh, since it doesn't really fit in anywhere specifically I'll drop it here:

186522324_10159552883320746_653575980032

I played through the trilogy not so long ago, and personally, ME1 hold up the best to me. ME2 was definitely my favourite at the time of release, but I enjoyed it less and less with each playthrough.

A bit of (troubling) news about Witcher 4.... starts about 6:45 and 15:00 into the video

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-tips-classes-guide/

Here is a really informative reminder of the ME trilogy and why the Legendary edition is a good buy.....it has created some nostalgia for me and almost makes me want to buy this latest ME improvement ...but not quite 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

In case The Outer Worlds wasn't enough to fill that Fallout-shaped hole in your gaming heart and you are not averse to circa 2006 graphics.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

16 hours ago, Gorth said:

A bit of (troubling) news about Witcher 4.... starts about 6:45 and 15:00 into the video

I don't find that director's departure particular;y troubling for the next Witcher game. If anything I think it is a good thing. The same people working on a franchise game after game is what turns a franchise into something stale and boring. For creativity to flourish, there needs to be some refreshing and turnover of the creative talent from time to time. And in the case of Witcher, that game 4 will not have anything to do with Geralt's story is the perfect point at which to have some creative refreshing.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Another example how much EA cares, about their products... unbelievable...

Someone is DoSing their Titanfall games and making them unplayable for years and they do nothing...

If you want to know more, in the playlist of the guy is also a video about Titanfall 1 case.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

8 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Someone is DoSing their Titanfall games and making them unplayable for years and they do nothing...

Seems like this isn't a simplistic DDoS and it's really on Repawn to resolve not EA (if one can charge a game developer for solving DDoS as a problem fairly)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 5/21/2021 at 8:10 PM, kanisatha said:

I don't find that director's departure particular;y troubling for the next Witcher game. If anything I think it is a good thing. The same people working on a franchise game after game is what turns a franchise into something stale and boring. For creativity to flourish, there needs to be some refreshing and turnover of the creative talent from time to time. And in the case of Witcher, that game 4 will not have anything to do with Geralt's story is the perfect point at which to have some creative refreshing.

I see your point, it can lead to something positive in respects to the  stated design  changes that Witcher 4 needs  to be fresh....but then I start getting worried, I am worried the design and implementation  of something fresh  lacks historical resonance and we get a W4 that is nothing like the previous 3 excellent games with a character we cant identify with  :ermm:

Im sure I am being irrational but I often believe, not all the time, the old adage " if its not broken, dont fix it " ....so they shouldn't go too radical around overall design in W4 8)

• Like 2

John Milton 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I see your point, it can lead to something positive in respects to the  stated design  changes that Witcher 4 needs  to be fresh....but then I start getting worried, I am worried the design and implementation  of something fresh  lacks historical resonance and we get a W4 that is nothing like the previous 3 excellent games with a character we cant identify with  :ermm:

That’s all fair worries. How to continue series is CDPRs problem - they might find a right answer, they might not. I, in general, am against doing Witcher4 - where do you go from here? While good both Witcher1&2 had issues that could be resolved, things that could be improved upon. Witcher3 isn’t perfect (I for one think all systemic RPG systems could be ditched in favour of a better tuned action combat), but I don’t see an easy or clear way to improve. Do the same game once again, and people will start noticed faults of the design. There is a reason, I could never get too deep into 2nd playthrough. Do radical changes, and unless they strike another gold, you alienate fans and overall make game which will be unfavourably compared to Witcher3 (even if it’s good by itself).

But it CDPR. I didn’t believe in Witcher3 either due to it going openworld. Maybe we will get another great game, maybe it will by another Cyberpunk. But look at half-life - leave alone when it’s at its peak and the IP is remains priceless. Keep milking the IP without clear ideas on what to do with it, and you will run it into the ground. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Im sure I am being irrational but I often believe, not all the time, the old adage " if its not broken, dont fix it " ....so they shouldn't go too radical around overall design in W4 8)

I agree. Note that I was talking about refreshing the creative side of the game, i.e., things like story and characters, and maybe a little bit on the gameplay side. But the overall type of game that we know and love should not change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

I, in general, am against doing Witcher4 - where do you go from here? While good both Witcher1&2 had issues that could be resolved, things that could be improved upon. Witcher3 isn’t perfect (I for one think all systemic RPG systems could be ditched in favour of a better tuned action combat), but I don’t see an easy or clear way to improve.

To be fair, CDP has very clearly and explicitly said they are NOT doing Witcher 4 and that Geralt's story is over and done. What they are doing is a fourth game using the Witcher franchise (and presumably the Witcher setting). We (and others) are simply calling it Witcher 4 as a kind of shorthand. But it's not really Witcher 4, and (again going by CDP's public statements) won't even be titled "Witcher" anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

But it's not really Witcher 4, and (again going by CDP's public statements) won't even be titled "Witcher" anything.

That's good to know. I remember that saying it pre-cyberpunk, but with how I hear news about "Witcher4" I started to worry they got desperate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

To be fair, CDP has very clearly and explicitly said they are NOT doing Witcher 4 and that Geralt's story is over and done. What they are doing is a fourth game using the Witcher franchise (and presumably the Witcher setting). We (and others) are simply calling it Witcher 4 as a kind of shorthand. But it's not really Witcher 4, and (again going by CDP's public statements) won't even be titled "Witcher" anything.

Thats interesting, but that really leaves loads of questions ...we dont even know who the main character will be but that shouldnt be an issue yet. I can think of lots exciting ideas of narratives for the main quest so CDPR will be fine with all their talented writers 

For example it could be about another Witcher trying to rebuild his specific Witcher school, like the School of Vipers? And if its not even about a Witcher their are plenty of other stories and events to integrate the game into like something Nilfgaardian ?

Anyway I am going to be positive until something makes me question that 8)

• Like 1

John Milton 

I think the one thing that would get me to replay Mass Effect isn't a refocus of the camera, but the inclusion of Johnny Gat in the crew. Oh, wait. We got Mass Effect with Saint's Row characters already. It's called SR4. Guess I am already replaying ME in an improved version 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).