rANDom vIdeo gaMe nEws

Amentep

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-director-has-left-cd-projekt-red-after-workplace-bullying-investigation/

So the director of Witcher 3 and long time employee of CDPR has resigned after being cleared of " bullying "  charges at CDPR

I would love to know what exactly he was accused of that he was cleared of in respects to bullying at CDPR because I not sure he should have resigned if he was cleared ?

• Hmmm 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well he might not have been bullying, but apparently it was still enough for him to "apologize "for all the bad blood" he caused" - to quote the article. So I guess he just wasn't very good to work with.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-director-has-left-cd-projekt-red-after-workplace-bullying-investigation/

So the director of Witcher 3 and long time employee of CDPR has resigned after being cleared of " bullying "  charges at CDPR

I would love to know what exactly he was accused of that he was cleared of in respects to bullying at CDPR because I not sure he should have resigned if he was cleared ?

God to see such a company crash so quickly after such a meteoric rise in such a short time period.

*insert grim reaper CDPR door scything pic*

There's only one man left who hasn't crashed yet.

Hidetaka Miyazaki: "Per quanto mi riguarda Dark Souls è ...

Will he survive the era of carnage among overconfident and egotistical developers and gracefully march to eternal glory?

We shall see.

Not sure CDPR has crashed that much.

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

50 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Crashed into a giant pile of money. :lol:

As long as it's not coins, not a bad way to do it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

18 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Crashed into a giant pile of money. :lol:

Do people not have the ability to think ahead.

They may have made bank on their latest release but how do you think gamers and investors are going to look at them going forward?

Don't be dumb, use your brains for once.

Random News:  Greedfall getting slayed on Steam reviews, about as much as....Cyberpunk 2077.   Hmmmm..

Edited by ComradeYellow

24 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

They may have made bank on their latest release but how do you think gamers and investors are going to look at them going forward?

Gamers hate Acti-Blizzard, yet they keep making money.  Don't overrate the consumers.

32 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

Oh the sweet sweet irony. :lol:

Considering the amount of money that the game made for CDPR (even after refunds), Im sure investors are lining up to throw money at them. "Gamers" can go cry in a hole. :lol:

• Like 1

https://www.pcgamer.com/hardspace-shipbreaker-is-getting-a-fully-voiced-campaign-act-one-coming-may-6/

Nice to see them making improvements to it, the game is pretty fun to just relax with it for a bit as you (ideally) systemically cut a ship up

44 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

It takes more than one misfire to turn gamers off a company. Bioware had 2 misfires in close proximiry (ME3 and Andromeda) and there was STILL much hype for Anthem. Even after the Anthem disaster, DA4 still has some buzz. 

As for investors, the only thing they care about is the bottomline and the bottomline is that Cyberpunk 2077 made a bajillion dollars.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was really tempted to preorder Cyberpunk 2077, I even bought the The World of Cyberpunk lore book. But I felt really hesitant. The only two games I ever preordered where PoE Deadfire and Andromeda. That later purchase still made me skeptical when preordering. I think I will purchase Cyberpunk when it is in a full package (all dlcs and fixes) but for now I'm going to avoid it. 

23 hours ago, Malcador said:

Not sure CDPR has crashed that much.

I have mentioned this before but I will support CDPR to the end of days, I will never lose faith or stop supporting such an  iconic relatively new company that was able to create games as entertaining and enjoyable  as the global giants like Bioware, Bethesda ,  Rockstar, Obsidian , Ubisoft , Electronic arts and others

I am surprised that their isnt more loyalty and belief in CDPR because its a Polish company and I tend to think East European forum  members would appreciate that. In other words you always want your own companies and business ideas to be successful in a global world ?

I  like to see successful companies and gaming franchises outside the acceptable big boys, its always good for competition 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Most studios would give their left kidney for 16 million sales or whatever it was.

All CDPR has to do to get the hype back is announce their next Witcher Colon Subtitle game. But what they've probably learnt from C2077- apart, hopefully, from some better project control- is that 7 years of hype building is dumb.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HoonDing said:

I'll never buy another game made in Eastern Europe except for Piranha Bytes games.

You not one for having high standards in gaming , dont you always play this violent and very sexual explicate games  from Japan?

Geez East European studios have created several games I have loved, like the Russians they have strong development studios and skills 

I have mentioned this before but the RPG Inquisitor from Czech had some of the darkest, profane and captivating narrative choices in any RPG I have ever played. I enjoyed how the developers were very comfortable with ideas of demonic worship, burning heretics in a fire, demonic seduction and your own religious views that define how you see the world

John Milton 

5 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

I enjoyed Cyberpunk quite a bit and I have a feeling I am not alone in that. I'd say it is safe to say CDPR will be fine for their next couple games.

I still do, playing it again now that I've upgraded my computer some more.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Gamers are easily soothed with hype... I think the only way to fail as a game dev studio is to be unable to generate hype. : >

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Missed DA2 in there, too. So three directly in a row.

Eh, I had big issues with DA2, but I don't think that was a universally held belief, and they impressed most people with DA:I to right that ship. 

On 5/3/2021 at 11:22 PM, Mamoulian War said:

IMHO, that award was unjustified, Ghost of Tsushima was better game in every single aspect. To me it seems, that the jury was afraid of what would Twitter/SONY say, or they just wanted to show the message to “gamers”, who criticized it... It’s similar to Oscars and DiCaprio’s The Revenant. Everybody was expecting him to win, so the jury passed it. Even though there were better movies, and from all his nominations, this one of his weakest movie...

Ah I see thanks for the replies, I definitely didn't read up on it before posting but now I understand.  I could still be wrong but sounds like it Last of Us Part2 won an award for the graphics, acting and technological development (whether deserved or not), but lost a lot of fans as it seemed to tread over what many thought was a great story in Part 1 ... so it safe to say it truly was Robocop 2 to Robocop 1 or maybe even to a lot of people Matrix 2 to Matrix 1.  Again I have no opinion on the game but it seems like the reviews that panned the story were upset mostly because it wasn't the first story ... which is typical for fan reviews in a lot of ways ... though maybe my point does still have some merit, I mean it has 156,000 reviews and it only released on PS or am I totally wrong on that?

I am pulling a lot of similarities between Cyberpunk 2077 and Last Of Us Part 2 ... both successes but also in many ways equally hated as much as loved, though you could make the comment that if you didn't play it you missed out on a cultural moment in time and endless hours of debate on forums, which for some is even more entertainment than the game itself 😅

• Like 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

50 minutes ago, bringingyouthefuture said:

Ah I see thanks for the replies, I definitely didn't read up on it before posting but now I understand.  I could still be wrong but sounds like it Last of Us Part2 won an award for the graphics, acting and technological development (whether deserved or not), but lost a lot of fans as it seemed to tread over what many thought was a great story in Part 1 ... so it safe to say it truly was Robocop 2 to Robocop 1 or maybe even to a lot of people Matrix 2 to Matrix 1.  Again I have no opinion on the game but it seems like the reviews that panned the story were upset mostly because it wasn't the first story ... which is typical for fan reviews in a lot of ways ... though maybe my point does still have some merit, I mean it has 156,000 reviews and it only released on PS or am I totally wrong on that?

I am pulling a lot of similarities between Cyberpunk 2077 and Last Of Us Part 2 ... both successes but also in many ways equally hated as much as loved, though you could make the comment that if you didn't play it you missed out on a cultural moment in time and endless hours of debate on forums, which for some is even more entertainment than the game itself 😅

In your last sentence, you completely nailed it. Despite the fact, I've never played the game, it provided me so much entertainment through reading/viewing reviews and comment sections, that I really can't complain about the game at all 😄 Best 60 EUR I've never spent 😄

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours