rANDom vIdeo gaMe nEws

Amentep

On 4/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, Hawke64 said:

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... has been released on PC. Judging by Steam reviews, the port is quite bad (animations are bound to FPS and FPS are unstable, the controls are unrebindable). A pity, but it was to be expected

I left the game on my steam Wishlist for now. It sounds like it’s going to need a lot of patching to become playable. A damn shame too, as Automata is I one of my all time favourite games. Hopefully it will be patched to something of a similar standard

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

19 hours ago, Gorth said:

Hopefully it will be patched to something of a similar standard

I played Automata just recently, and from my experience it is nowhere near to being playable with constant sub 60 FPS drops (even if modding that was supposed to fix my issues). And according to recent RPS article Replicant is even more padded then Automata was. I will wait for deep discount on that one. 

1 minute ago, Wormerine said:

I played Automata just recently, and from my experience it is nowhere near to being playable with constant sub 60 FPS drops (even if modding that was supposed to fix my issues). And according to recent RPS article Replicant is even more padded then Automata was. I will wait for deep discount on that one. 

I guess I just got lucky then. 200+ hours of playing and I never noticed technical issues 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Old World or bust, I have 0 interest in that abominations called Age of Sigmar

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On top of James Bond game IO Interactive seems to be working on an RPG in a medieval+dragons setting

I am interested to see how non-Hitman games by IO will look like, but that said last time they branched out we got Kane and Lynch 1&2, which, while I never played, have rather awful reputation. I assume, though, that by now it's a different staff for the most part anyway. 

• Hmmm 1

36 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

On top of James Bond game IO Interactive seems to be working on an RPG in a medieval+dragons setting

I am interested to see how non-Hitman games by IO will look like, but that said last time they branched out we got Kane and Lynch 1&2, which, while I never played, have rather awful reputation. I assume, though, that by now it's a different staff for the most part anyway. 

Them making James Bond already has me scratching my head.

Although the World of Assassination trilogy does seem rather Bondesque at times and is kind of distinct from their best title, Blood Money.

Can't say I'm overly excited for IO's future though I'd certainly like to be pleasantly surprised.

18 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

Although the World of Assassination trilogy does seem rather Bondesque at times and is kind of distinct from their best title, Blood Money.

In what way? Personally, I think the new Hitmans are the best in the series. There is some stuff I prefer in the originals (like tone and atmosphere, though here Hitman2 is my fav), but I think new Hitmans finally fully realise the appeal of the older titles.

I am curious what Bond game will be. While it’s easy to point how Bondesque Paris level in Hitman2016 is, I also doubt they will just do Hitman but with Bond - not flashy enough. 

11 hours ago, Wormerine said:

In what way?

I dunno it's just the levels and the atmosphere and the music sucked me in perfectly for 'Blood Money'.  And the fact that you can customize your weapons was the coup de grace, along with the newspaper grading at the end of each mission.

WoA has better graphics and more kill options and I've spent tons of hours on 'The Finish Line' mission alone.

Quality vs. quantity I guess :)

It sounds like Imperator Rome is being cast adrift. This was almost a really good game. But it just never got there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/paradox-ceases-work-on-imperator-rome-temporarily-wont-release-anything-for-it-this-year/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They did a similar thing for Surviving Mars and have started supporting it again a month ago, after over a year of nothing. OTOH, I: R's progenitor, EU: Rome, lost its dev support very quickly and very permanently, and it definitely sounds like the non core Paradox team is having a terrible time at the moment with EUIV's latest dlc being literally the lowest rated product on Steam and seemingly everything except CK3 having issues too.

Oh well, that's what appointing a CEO whose main experiences are gambling and free-to-play gets you I guess, and it isn't like it hasn't been Paradox's trajectory since the switch from proper expansions.

Edited by Zoraptor

It's pretty on point, imo. Personally there was only one scene in the whole game that really pissed me off and that's how they designed the final confrontation between Ellie and Abby.

At that point of the game, I already felt super tired of Ellie's **** and just wanted her to stop it. Then the game devs come around the corner and force you into the situation to attack Abby, no matter what. You can't not do this. I tried and just stopped doing anything, but the game would just end in a black screen / reload checkpoint. It was frustrating and 110% on-rails crap that killed all of my will to play.

Outside of that, I hate how the game got trashed so hard for stupid stuff. It was also disgusting how they went on about the Abby character - and the real life person who was the inspiration for the look (who got harassed on Twitter & Co. with of course the usual death threats and so on). Honestly, it really made me hate gamers again. Bunch of stupid manchildren.

Because of all that stupid drama, we're likely never going to get DLC for the game, which is a huge loss, imo. Especially the last part of the game in Santa Barbara was awesome and had huge potential for more content.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, that's what you get, when trying to cater to the ever-so-divisive echo chambers of social media. On one hand you get what you've described, on the other hand you've get insulted as a homo/transphobic and misogynist, if you dared to say loud, that you did not enjoyed the story as much as you enjoyed the story of the first game 🤷‍♂️. Just look at how many deaththreats got the developers of Kingdoms: Come from uneducated plebs, who had no clue, that Cumans are considered by today's standards as People of Colour, that the game lacked diversity...

• Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

46 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

on the other hand you've get insulted as a homo/transphobic and misogynist, if you dared to say loud, that you did not enjoyed the story as much as you enjoyed the story of the first game 🤷‍♂️.

But is that really what happened? As far as I am aware, people called out like that were, in fact, writing homo/transphobic and misogynist ****.

That reminds me of this one guy who stopped playing the game and destroyed the disc after

Joel died

, because apparently it reminded him of

the death of his father

and people used that as argument why the story is bad. Now this is just top level retarded.

Personally I think that most of the drama wouldn't have happened if Abby would have been designed with the looks of hot and young top-model.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

This is why I want more MTX in games 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

30 minutes ago, Lexx said:

But is that really what happened? As far as I am aware, people called out like that were, in fact, writing homo/transphobic and misogynist ****.

That reminds me of this one guy who stopped playing the game and destroyed the disc after

Reveal hidden contents

Joel died

, because apparently it reminded him of

Reveal hidden contents

the death of his father

and people used that as argument why the story is bad. Now this is just top level retarded.

Personally I think that most of the drama wouldn't have happened if Abby would have been designed with the looks of hot and young top-model.

It is overgeneralization, and yes there is a lot of scum going around, but FYI, I do not enjoy neither TLoU nor TLoUII, and not because Abby... And I feel offended when someone is labeling me with such labels, because nothing is further from the truth, I would hate both of the games same, even if Abby looked like Jessica Alba... And there were a lot of good YT reviews, which were pointing to a lot of flaws of both games, without the reviewers  ever playing the gender card, and these people were labeled as misogynists/transphobic etc, as well...

IMO, both of the ends of the spectrum are the vile scum of gaming community...

Let me go back to Kingdom Come... I do not like the game as well, but me being of Slavic origin, and knowing a little bit about our local history, I know more stuff about the time period of the piece than most of that vile scum... The game also changed into inclusion/racist propaganda, which is just wrong...

People thrown **** on the game, because there were no blacks. Historic fact is, there were absolutely no blacks at rural areas in central Europe at that time. But there were a lot of people of Finno-Ugric, Turkic, Arab origin, which could be identified by current standards as people of colour, and AFAIK, these people were represented enough in the game. Still the people were throwing **** for not including different races, which had absolutely no historic background at rural areas.

On the other hand, a lot of people took the game as a white supremacy propaganda, which were also omitting the fact of people of Finno-Ugric, Turkic, Arab origin being in the game as well. For me both of the sides were equally disgusting. Why? Because it is one of very few games, which are about Slavs and their history, and because I have also Finno-Ugric and Turkic (Tatar) ancestors besides others. I hate that racist took this game as a opportunity to slander People of Colour, and I also hate, that some uneducated chumps have used the game as anti-gamer propaganda because this was one of the few games which have no black characters.

So should I now start a Twitter account and try to cancel maybe Ubisoft for not including Tatar people in their Assassin Creed Valhalla and call them the puppets of Putin's propaganda, because with not including them, they are supporting the oppression of Tatar people in annexed Crimea, completely ignoring the facts, that there is no historic evidence of my ancestors ever setting a foot there at the time, when the story of that game is happening or what?

Sorry for the wall of text, but I am really tired how both sides are actively twisting all of the facts, to bolster their own crusade against rational thinking, and labeling all the people who might have little bit different opinions with all the different -isms...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Sorry for the wall of text, but I am really tired how both sides are actively twisting all of the facts, to bolster their own crusade against rational thinking, and labeling all the people who might have little bit different opinions with all the different -isms...

Well, I don't see myself on either side, and I also thought the "where are the black people in Kingdom Come?" stuff was retarded.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Well, I don't see myself on either side, and I also thought the "where are the black people in Kingdom Come?" stuff was retarded.

Yeah that's about a normal opinion for someone "not on either side"

Life experience usually tilts peoples opinions one way or another, and then you got those fakes just trying to be "cool".

Based off of my life experience...SCREW WHITEY 🤬

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Just to make it clear, my rant was by no means directed at you or your opinion. I just needed to vent little bit off, because some people people are actively trying to kill some of the last straws of fun, and it poisons everything around.

Anyway back to TLoUII. I completely agree, that bashing this game solely on appearance of Abby is utterly stupid and ridiculous. If taken all realism into account, it might be kind of difficult for anyone to be in such a shape in postapoc world, but well, if I want to play games for their realism, I boot up Assetto Corsa... Games should be fun, and every person has it’s own measurement for fun. If you had fun with TLoUII, thats good. I am happy for you. Lot of games are made just to squeeze as much money out of players pockets as possible, and with that, fun goes away. I prefer different kind of games, and I understand people, who had valid criticism for this game as well. 

One of the good things which this game brought to all of us, was endless stream of memes during the first few weeks after a release 😆 especially from the people, who were mocking both of the two bat****crazy sides of this argument 😂

And to bring some cheer into this discussion about villainy, a sad note, though not that sad, because what is three days?

The Troubleshooter update got delayed and will not be released tomorrow but on Friday.

• Gasp! 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).