rANDom vIdeo gaMe nEws

Amentep

55 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I really want to dig out old Comodore64 from my parents basement and see if it still works. 🥰

Find some good "old school" Romance games 💖

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Find some good "old school" Romance games 💖

Meh, a game of Spy vs Spy with my brother would do. I wonder if it would make more sense now, when I am double digits old. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Meh, a game of Spy vs Spy with my brother would do. I wonder if it would make more sense now, when I am double digits old. 

I also loved this game... even though it made no sense to me.

Also there was a ninja turtles game that was top down(until you entered the sewers) that I played so much as a kid...   replayed it as an adult, beat the first level, then realized I never got that far as a kid....  though to be fair even as a group of 5 adults we only got to the third level once

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 2:53 PM, Oner said:

I won't say Streumon delivered good games, but the trailer is fun at least.

It looks to be just what I want in the 40k universe though, I doubt it'd be qualitative in any way but I'm probably still buying it.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

https://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/20210507/enus/

Are we getting a new Judgment game?

tenor.gif

If so, I hope they differentiate it more from the Yakuza games. Judgment was, for all intents and purposes, a traditional Yakuza game with some superficial "detective" stuff tacked on. I like beating thugs up with bicycles as much as the next guy, maybe more, but I'd like Yagami to do more actual detective work and less beating fools with bicycles in a sequel.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

10 hours ago, Keyrock said:

That does look good, interesting to see the main objective is about reuniting with a lost love

I just hope the characters are not   English. I am use to playing games like this with people speaking English with a Russian\East European accent like Metro so that has become normal to me and what I am use to with these types of post-apocalyptic  games 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... has been released on PC. Judging by Steam reviews, the port is quite bad (animations are bound to FPS and FPS are unstable, the controls are unrebindable). A pity, but it was to be expected.

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

Seriously? Again the same story as with Automata? Some companies just hate PC I guess. 

After looking at comments it seems the framerate has to be capped at 60. But the game doesn't have that setting so you have to do this in your GPU control panel. Funny, really funny. 

Then I will wait for someone to make a fix like with automata and some discount. No point in buying crappy port for a full price. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

166215__front.jpg

lol, it's 2021, console architecture is as close to the pc as never before, and they sill don't give a damn and throw out crappy ports. Incredible.

• Sad 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

10 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... has been released on PC. Judging by Steam reviews, the port is quite bad (animations are bound to FPS and FPS are unstable, the controls are unrebindable). A pity, but it was to be expected.

ece.gif

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not necessarily about that game in the video at all, but sometimes I wonder how often at least things like stuttering, crashes, general performance issues have to do with Windows version (updates).  :P  Like a recent one was doing/did, and past ones.  eg, I'm so glad I'm not a programmer. Drivers, configs, hardware, updates every month or three that changes stuff, what a headache.

https://www.windowscentral.com/latest-windows-10-update-causing-nightmare-gamers

I often feel like I don't have most game issues people report on forums but then I remember I haven't updated Windows in like 1.5 years or whatever.  :P

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

52 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

They've rolled back that update now. Guess someone has to act as beta testers for MS though I too am glad it's other people rather than me.

Microsoft actually rolled it back? interesting.
I'm sure I'll update (some) things on Win10 eventually. Maybe. I never did get SP3 on XP....I still wonder if MS is really going to stick with updating/altering Win10 forever or if 10 years from now they'll finally go "Well, here's Win20 now!" 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

47 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I haven't updated Windows in close to 20 years. :shifty:

That doesn't sound like a good idea. : x

• Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

10 minutes ago, Lexx said:

That doesn't sound like a good idea. : x

I also haven't used Windows in close to 20 years. :lol:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

41 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I also haven't used Windows in close to 20 years. :lol:

Oh? Not even for games?
Games are the main reason I use Windows.  Most other uses, I suspect I'd think any ol' O/S would likely work, since I don't do anything all that techie if you know what I mean.

40 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Oh? Not even for games?

Not even for games.

Proton has been a Godsend to weirdos, like myself, that game on Linux, which is why, when everything else is equal, I will give my money to Valve rather than anyone else who runs a storefront. It's still not as out of the box plug and play friendly as Windows for brand new games... Although given the state that games release in these days that make me question what exactly is the difference between early access and a full release, I don't know that anyone gets a smooth plug and play experience on PC, or even consoles for that matter, at launch. :unsure:

• Thanks 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Microsoft actually rolled it back? interesting.

They've (finally) got a system for rolling back specific bits of a big update 'automatically'; 'Known Issue Rollback'. No idea why it's taken them seemingly decades to get to that point when it would seem to be a pretty basic requirement.

Given the problems with Win10 and automatic updates I'm very glad I ended up with the corporate Windows 7 Ultimate that I did rather than a consumer edition since the win10 pro only tries to force you to update after about a year of beta testing by the consumer arm.

Interesting re: Proton.  Maybe I'll look into it when I have to build a new rig in 4-8 years from now.

Outside of a few minor annoyances, I've generally found Win10 to be nothing terrible tho - as long as I can control when/what I update - but again I largely stopped using the PC for much of anything outside of media/gaming - edit: and want the easiest/laziest to use - so mostly I just don't care, probably. MS could still do something in the future to tick me off enough, tho.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

I hacked the Mac OSX onto a SSD in my windows machine so I could use it for my job, it works okay.  I considered going straight Linux, but a few of the programs I need for work don't run on it period :( Fingers crossed someday, would love to escape Mac and Windows.

• Like 2

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy