Hutt HInts

When i was playing on taris i went to the dueling ring and talked to the hutt. when i told him i was interested in dueling and he gave me the gayest name ever (The Mysterious Stranger) i told him what i thought about the name and he said that it fit me perfectly because (now heres what this topic is about) i had no past and that i could have a dark secret. <_<

Could this have been a hint at the fact that u are Revan?

Or am i just reading to far into things?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

When i was playing on taris i went to the dueling ring and talked to the hutt.  when i told him i was interested in dueling and he gave me the gayest name ever (The Mysterious Stranger)  i told him what i thought about the name and he said that it fit me perfectly because (now heres what this topic is about) i had no past and that i could have a dark secret. <_<

Could this have been a hint at the fact that u are Revan? 

Or am i just reading to far into things?

There were lots of little hints, that u were Reven. Where they were intended to actually be hints, only the devs from bioware know that and maybe one or two others.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Carth, Vrook, Bastilla all give little comments that you didn't really notice when first playing but during the 'revealing' cinematic you realise that they were all hints.

You wonder how you could have missed it once you've realised what thier really talking about.

Carth, Vrook, Bastilla all give little comments that you didn't really notice when first playing but during the 'revealing' cinematic you realise that they were all hints.

You wonder how you could have missed it once you've realised what thier really talking about.

I think Vrook's one where the most obvious.

"I fear the quest for the SF will lead u down an all too familiar path."

"What if we undertake to train this one and the Dark Lord should return."

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Or when he says

Vandar: after all with Revan dead...

Vrook: Are you sure Revan is truely dead? What if we were to train this one and the dark lord should return?

So obvious once you know.

Isn't that just what i said. I may not have got the line exactly right but u should have got the idea.

Or when he says

Vrook: Are you sure Revan is truely dead? What if we were to train this one and the dark lord should return?

Isn't that just what i said. I may not have got the line exactly right but u should have got the idea.

Sorry, you're right. I think I only read your first Vrook quote. I should read more carefully next time :) And your take was correct it was 'undertake'

Or when he says

Sorry, you're right. I think I only read your first Vrook quote. I should read more carefully next time :) And your take was correct it was 'undertake'

No problem man. post-1139-1093971172.gif

I noticed all the hints and such over use of foreshadow that is in KotOR is prime example of amateur writing and design. One or two hints would be all that is necessary. I so wanted to say "Well, duh, I already know this!" when Malak and Bastilla "revealed" my character was Revan because Bioware ruined that surprise.

I noticed all the hints and such over use of foreshadow that is in KotOR is prime example of amateur writing and design.  One or two hints would be all that is necessary.  I so wanted to say "Well, duh, I already know this!"  when Malak and Bastilla "revealed" my character was Revan because Bioware ruined that surprise.

ah, IMHO, I thought it was a pretty good hook for a video game, it's not a motion picture after all.

I noticed all the hints and such over use of foreshadow that is in KotOR is prime example of amateur writing and design.  One or two hints would be all that is necessary.  I so wanted to say "Well, duh, I already know this!"  when Malak and Bastilla "revealed" my character was Revan because Bioware ruined that surprise.

post-1139-1093992369.gif

[sarcasm]Amatuer writing?!? IN STAR WARS!!?!?! Like that would ever happen...[/sarcasm]

Looking back it's easy to notice all the clues, but since KotOR was my first rpg that i actually finished, i didn't pay enough attention to these obvious clues. I thought that Bastilla was Revan all the time, silly me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I disagree. All of the hints I thought were very well designed and written. They were presented in such a way that most people wouldn't realize it for most of the game, but looking back, the hints would seem so clever that they should have been obvious. They served to make the revalation make more sense, and were intersting to see in later playthroughs. None of them were blatant enough to suggest anything on their own. Not until Malak is laughing about how you don't know, and then the following cutscene when all the hints are shown together does it become easy to percieve the truth before they specifically state it. It was all well done, and showed good writing.

I was caught off-guard. I knew Revan was going to make an appearance, and I figured my character's mind had been screwed with somehow, but my mind was so fixated on the idea that it was going to be Revan as the big 'end boss' that the blatant clues which they scatter all over just didn't register until the big revelation cut scene played.

Seriously, looking back, it's actually pretty embarassing to me that I didn't see it. The clues are painfully obvious in retrospect.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I actually spoiled things for my self. I was so impatient waiting for it to be released on PC i found out that u were Revan from the bioware boards!

I actually spoiled things for my self. I was so impatient waiting for it to be released on PC i found out that u were Revan from the bioware boards!

What a bummer.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What a bummer.

I still really enjoyed it when it happened. But it was just a matter of when?

I'm with Hades.

It was really obvious that Revan would make an appearance in the game, with all the load screens shoving revan/bastila battle info in your face. Like that information needed to be learned.

And then Bastila dodging questions about it.

Saul said to malak "There's something else. About bastila's other companion" imlying that Malak would care enough to hear of me, meaning that there was a relation.

Still, the plot twist was nice.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

i think it woz a rlly kwl twist and a new original twist i hope will b in the new game ur character is reven long lost cousin or summat nar jus kiddin but sumthin kwl and original not the same thing that u r a dark lord u went 2 the outer rim and forgot hu u were and jus woke up remberin u had a lightsaber and cud use the force a little but dnt no wich side u were on. that hopefully wnt b the case :)

Saul said to malak "There's something else. About bastila's other companion" imlying that Malak would care enough to hear of me, meaning that there was a relation.

He actually said companionS. Which, if you didn't clue in to the plot twist, just could have meant he was talking about Carth, since they had history.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

He actually said companionS. Which, if you didn't clue in to the plot twist, just could have meant he was talking about Carth, since they had history.

Yes he did say 'companions' but Carth had already been mentioned so he was not refering to Carth.

I was caught off-guard. I knew Revan was going to make an appearance, and I figured my character's mind had been screwed with somehow, but my mind was so fixated on the idea that it was going to be Revan as the big 'end boss' that the blatant clues which they scatter all over just didn't register until the big revelation cut scene played.

Seriously, looking back, it's actually pretty embarassing to me that I didn't see it. The clues are painfully obvious in retrospect.

Thats not the only time little Timmy was caught off-guard.