I just started a theurge run, with an animist/skald with the boar spirit shift. While level 4 and battling the beasts in the arena, I started wielding a staff, then summoned firebrand, and then shifted. After the battle, my staff disappeared, leaving a dual set of boar tusks in my first weapon slot. They were removable, and I could put them in my inventory, and strangely enough they were valued at 150 gold each, so I suppose I could sell them if I wished. I was wondering if anyone ever encountered this bug before. If would be a real bummer if the weapon was an irreplaceable unique, like the Spine of Thicket Green. Fortunately I only lost a generic quarterstaff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

oo, yikes, I haven't heard/run across this before, but I can definitely believe that the interaction of spiritshift weapons and a prior summoned weapon is uh... not ideal.

good to know for my own run, was going to juggle firebrand, spiritshift, and occasional uniques.

• Like 1

I never encountered this specific bug with Spiritshift weapons, but I reported several of similar ones with Draining Touch, Spirit Lance and Citzal's Enchanted Armory. You could summon those, use Form of the Fearsome Brute or Spiritshift and then let the encounter end while still transformed (don't know if that last part was really necessary). You ended up with permananent, removable Draining Touch, Spirit Lance and so on. This was then fixed shortly after my report.

It seems they missed what you discovered now. :)  

Edit: I would hire a Shifter adventurer and then get my a nice pair of raw lash Shifter-Boar tusks. Those are awesome weapons and it would be fun to use them on some non-Druid builds.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hm, the ones you can give yourself with the console don't have the raw lash. I guess it's tied to the actual spiritshift ability. 

Also I cannot reproduce your bug. My quarterstaff is still there after the procedure. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I may be wrong with the sequence of events that spawned it. I didn't notice that the staff was gone until after I was down below the arena. My description is based upon my recollection of what happened in that battle. I'll see if I can reproduce it, and will report back if I can.

• Thanks 1

The cat claws have the same base dmg as the boar tusks and come with 3 sec recovery instead of 4. While the boar's raw lash doesn't seem to be part of the tusk weapon the shorter recovery of the cat form directly comes from the weapons. So I guess I would hire a cat adventurer now to get the claws. ;)

The game object "boar tusk" is only a scaling pierce weapon. No raw lash and also no wildstrike lash. It all seems to be applied as passives as soon as you shift. 

Edit: just checked in game with SHifter Boar + Wildstrike: the description of the tusks (once you shift) doesn't change at all. There's no word about raw lash or elemental lash. So it's def. passives that get added with the shift. 

Edited by Boeroer

2 hours ago, dgray62 said:

I just started a theurge run, with an animist/skald with the boar spirit shift. While level 4 and battling the beasts in the arena, I started wielding a staff, then summoned firebrand, and then shifted. After the battle, my staff disappeared, leaving a dual set of boar tusks in my first weapon slot. They were removable, and I could put them in my inventory, and strangely enough they were valued at 150 gold each, so I suppose I could sell them if I wished. I was wondering if anyone ever encountered this bug before. If would be a real bummer if the weapon was an irreplaceable unique, like the Spine of Thicket Green. Fortunately I only lost a generic quarterstaff.

Dunno if it could work with reaping knives ?  My guess is no, but who know...