Which of these multiclasses you would say is most powerful? Which of those can do solo POTD?

Not using broken stuff like vanish loop or brilliance item. Blood mage is on the menu though.

Fighter/Mage

Fighter/Cypher

Rogue/Mage

Rogue/Cypher

Paladin/Mage

Paladin/Cypher

Fighter/Chanter (this i would probably find boring if it revolves around summons)

Paladin/Chanter (this i would probably find boring if it revolves around summons)

Which of these do you think has the most potential for solo run, upscale, POTD? I am not tryharding the run, i will use party if i can't do certain encounters. i wont use any loops or broken stuff.

Which of these capable of doing solo the easiest, if any? And can you elaborate which subclasses and items you would use.

Edited by NightofTheDead

All the mage multiclasses are eminently doable with blood mage.

Fighter (as tactician) is doable, thought it may involve your fair share of cheese depending on your setup. (Fighter/Cipher less so since they can flank everyone with abilities).

I think any chanter option revolves around summons.

My best reckoning is that rogue/mage is probably the most powerful - you get escape options and synergy with invisibility and various wizard spells, and if all else fails you can take down some of the hardest foes with just one Gouging Strike iirc (you may need berath's challenge on, i forget); probably assassin/blood mage.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

"Most powerful" is always tricky. I don't think there's a definitive (objective) answer for that since it also depends on how you play.

I would say the most foolproof combo is the Paladin/Troubadour. Really hard to kill and yet plenty of offensive options. Go for high defenses (shield) and AR and stack Ancient Memory with Soft Winds of Death or Their Courage and Exalted Endurance and include some regeneration gear, get some good defensive armor (like Nomad's Brigandine, Magnera's Chain and so on). 

27 minutes ago, thelee said:

My best reckoning is that rogue/mage is probably the most powerful - you get escape options and synergy with invisibility and various wizard spells, and if all else fails you can take down some of the hardest foes with just one Gouging Strike iirc (you may need berath's challenge on, i forget); probably assassin/blood mage.

You don't need Berath's Challenge for Gouging Strike. Combat will not end until the enemy withg Gouging Strike is dead. But note that Shadowing Beyond and Arkemyr's Brilliat Departure will break oin DoT ticks. Smoke Veil however will not break. 

When it's about "most easy" solo experience I would always vote for Paladadin/Assassin with Lover's Embrace + Brand Enemy + Gouging Strike. But it's not on the list above and it feels cheesy (although it doesn't use loopholes). It's ridiculous how early you can kill almost everything - if you are patient. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you just want to beat the game, I think the easiest way would be some form of Rogue or Rogue multiclass. Since you're solo there are lots of quests where you can just disengage and run towards the objective in stealth/invisibility. I'm not sure whether you can sneak past the Guardian of Ukaizo, but you can definitely talk your way through Ashen Maw. Hasongo can be skipped, and the game even acknowledges that you skipped it (to a certain extent).

• Like 1

If you don't use brilliant Fighter/Bloodmage is the safest multiclass.

Wall of draining will extend anything op:

Extending Unbending makes you immortal because everytime you get hit it will get added to the heal you already have.

Extenhding Blade cascade will give you alotta damage

Extending Deltro's will give you alottas sister

Extending bdd potion for fights where you take injuries (can't die even with 3 injuries.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thelee said:

Really? What happens?

If you go to Ashen Maw first there is some unique dialogue from your companions (because they did not see the footprints on Hasongo, this is their first time seeing the size of the colossus). If you go back to Hasongo at this point, you restore the adra but there is no conversation with Eothas. I didn't play much further on that playthrough, and didn't finish Ashen Maw. Notably, you don't get Gift from the Machine and Effigy's Resentment back because there is no Eothas to talk to at Hasongo, if ever.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

If you go to Ashen Maw first there is some unique dialogue from your companions (because they did not see the footprints on Hasongo, this is their first time seeing the size of the colossus). If you go back to Hasongo at this point, you restore the adra but there is no conversation with Eothas. I didn't play much further on that playthrough, and didn't finish Ashen Maw. Notably, you don't get Gift from the Machine and Effigy's Resentment back because there is no Eothas to talk to at Hasongo, if ever.

I also experienced that: I wanted to go to Ashen's Maw super early to grab Ajamuut's Stalking Cloak before doing Hasongo, but that advanced the main storyline automatically skipping the whole Hasongo thing (i.e. when you arrive at Ashen's Maw even before Hasongo you can see Eothas in the background and if you go far enough in Ashen's Maw you can't go back the way you came, you have to go talk to Eothas). So it's better to rush Hasongo (e.g. with Stealth) and get the bonuses there, then Ashen's Maw if you want to get Ajamuut early.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NightofTheDead said:

Rogue/Cypher

Assassin/Vanilla Cipher is very powerful if you fancy a firearm user. Most of the combinations you mentioned are very powerful for different reasons, this one gets a special mention for very high one-shot potential from day 1 until the end, and for possibly the easiest/fastest time against Hauani o Whe if you want to take the Mega Bosses. If you want to see how to build around it, I made this guide. Happy Hunting!

• Like 1

Thanks for reply guys, really appreciate all the answers. Have been sitting there for hours, trying to decide and come up with builds.

I went with Paladin/Bloodmage. Was a tough choice whether to take Paladin or Fighter together with bloodmage.

But i have other variants lined up, for next run after this. Considering between Rogue/Cypher and Paladin/Chanter next.

• Like 1

Arcane Knight is a solid pick. I would suggest Steel Garrote/Bloodmage if you don't mind that order's dispositions. 

Didn't try it with a complete solo run but this combo is great with Whispers of the Endless Path/Offensive Parry - because you can drain life from melee attackers (because Offensive Parry dazes which automatically unlocks Steel Garrote's life draining) while casting Wizard spells/doing Blood Sacrifice/casting Inspired Beacon and so on. 

Also the dazing helps a lot to mitigate incoming damage that might otherwise penetrate your armor.

Obviously for soloing you need more than one weapon setup anyway. But I find WotEP with high deflection and Offensive Parry very fun as soon as you get attacked by a lot of melee enemies (e.g. in the Hanging Sepulchres etc.).

Boeroer's reco is of course super solid, promises fun gameplay and is grounded in a ton of in-game experience, I won't argue with that. :) 

Since the OP mentioned Solo upscaled PotD, I would personally argue that sword and broad is a potentially safer/more consistent strategy here to maximize defenses and get the most of their increasing returns while still dishing out nice DMG. Lethandria's Devotion + Griffin's Blade, all the good Paladin passive stuff, all the good Bloodmage buffs, some good gear to pump important defenses. Vaporous Grimoire + Rekvu's Fractured Casque and all the good Wizard offensive spells suitable for a static/stand-your-ground strategy. Eternal Devotion opener for the nice lasting lash and Brand Enemy to crack the occasional hard nut. You're all set! :) 

EDIT: also if you care about RP and just in case you want more flex in your dispositions, you can choose whichever paladin order you like with this option.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

Yes, as I said: you will need different weapon sets. WotEP is fun against melee mobs that are not too crazy but very numerous. In other fights you might want to use something else. For example a large shield with modal is so good against dangerous ranged attackers and also a lot of AoE spells. The immobility is a bit annoying if you don't have mobility abilities like Escape - but when going solo there are sometimes fights happening where you start unstealthed and immediately get fired at - it's good to have "the Wall" then imo. After the first onslaught you can deactivate the Wall or switch to another weapon set and do whatever. 

What is actually your definition then of beating solo PotD, if I may ask ?

- skipping mega bosses

- skipping all other "critical" encounters

- do we fight at all?

- what do you define as broken ?

You could theorethically skip all encounters with Bounding Boots, like I have shown once in one my clips and "beat" the game on PotD.

I just think you cannot beat a lot of the encounters, yet alone the mega bosses, without abusing any of the "broken" mechanics.

Non-Megabisses like Dragons etc. are fine without any Brilliant/Wall of Draining/Salvation of Time stuff imo. Even with class combos that aren't that obvious.

As you said somewhere else the Megabosses create a problem though. Maybe it's possible to do Megabosses without any cheese - but I wouldn't want to try it. I hope people realize me claiming to do a "single class Mage Slayer Ultimate run" is just a joke. ;)

Also some DLC stuff in SSS and FS will be very hard if you want to fight it all and not use some unintended mechanical "favors".

By the way: DoTs can be fine with Megabosses. But you have to take the endless ones. ;) Which is kind of broken again... 🤷‍♂️

Elton John: 🎶 It's the ciiircle of cheese 🎶

Edited by Boeroer

Troubadour/paladin and bloodmage/paladin at least, can solo the entire game without any buff abuse, infinite dot cheese or fight skipping. Monks can also trivialize everything once they get WotW, but they're not strong from the start.