I'm dealing with Neriscyrlas and unfortunately none of my party (and beyond) is a pure Wizard like last time, so I don't have Arcane Cleanse handy. Is there any other way to dispel Llengrath's Safeguard?

Edited by Griffonheart
Missing a word

Arcane Dampener will work. It doesn't get rid of Llengrath's Safeguard but it will suppress it. Other ways: Concussive Tranquilizer (Ranger), Street Sweeper (weapon), Magran's Might (Priest of Magran). 

The easiest way is to make sure Neriscyrlas doesn't cast Llengrath's Safeguard. A Wizard can use Thrust of Tattered Veil to interrupt the cast. It's an auto-hit and interrupts 100%. But you need to remove the dragon's concentration with other interrupts first. Or with a Chanter's phrase. Arbalests and Crossbows can help a lot, too. Both may interrupt while targeting deflection (which isn't that high with Neriscyrlas). Slicken is also good if you can buff the Wizard's ACC enough. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Druid spells Plague of Insects and Insect Swarm are also long duration effects which make it impossible for the enemy to have concentration, so you can guarantee effective interrupts. Notably, though, Tekehu doesn't get them. But they are in scrolls.

Ranger's Concussive Tranquilizer is the best single-target cleanse in the game considering both effectiveness and cost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Griffonheart said:

Great suggestions, as I happen to have a chanter and a Geomancer in the team. I forgot I can completely deny her concentration by singing.

word of warning though - the concentration chant targets will. on potd i find that i need to debuff ner with a club modal and have a special song that is just the concentration chant in order to get decent uptime on it. (uptime is important because ner can generate more concentration through one of her abilities)

Kind of Ot, but keep in mind you don't need to dispel her Safeguard at all.

Bleed Dots like Bleeding cut or Rogues Deep Wounds will completely destroy any enemies despite it being based on your intitial hit.

Especially Bleeding cut with a 60 base duration where every hit stacks  just about melts anything in the game.

And ofc Nery specifically is also real weak vs fire, a wizard who waits until Kalakoth's minor blights change to fire and then extends it with wall of draining or a priest casting SOT (blights will stay in the damage type and not change if they get extended) will do serious damage too.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, thelee said:

word of warning though - the concentration chant targets will. on potd i find that i need to debuff ner with a club modal and have a special song that is just the concentration chant in order to get decent uptime on it. (uptime is important because ner can generate more concentration through one of her abilities)

16 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, Neriscyrlas' Will defense is very high. Club + modal + Miasma can do the trick. 

I confess I didn’t know the club debuff is that big. -25 will! O_O

Her reflex is low, I found Slicken to be a useful support as well.

15 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Kind of Ot, but keep in mind you don't need to dispel her Safeguard at all.

Bleed Dots like Bleeding cut or Rogues Deep Wounds will completely destroy any enemies despite it being based on your intitial hit.

Especially Bleeding cut with a 60 base duration where every hit stacks  just about melts anything in the game.

And ofc Nery specifically is also real weak vs fire, a wizard who waits until Kalakoth's minor blights change to fire and then extends it with wall of draining or a priest casting SOT (blights will stay in the damage type and not change if they get extended) will do serious damage too.

That may all kill her eventually - but many people struggle to stay alive that long. :) So it's def. better to not let her have +5 AR and stuff. 
Even though her burn AR is the lowest, with +5 AR even good fire abilities tend to underpenetrate (on PotD at least). Iirc she will have 14 burn DR then.

She absolutely dies a lot faster if you don't let her cast the Safeguard. Also, if you interrupt it she tries to recast it - which means she won't be doing more dangerous stuff at that time.

I always had great success with interrupts of all kinds (Thrust oTV, Crossbow, Arbalest, even Rogue's strikes etc.) + Combusting Wounds. Just cast anything pulsing under her feet, especially Wall of Flames and such and use beams. And summons of course. Nothing beats tasty cannon fodder. ;)  

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

That may all kill her eventually - but many people struggle to stay alive that long. :) So it's def. better to not let her have +5 AR and stuff. 
Even though her burn AR is the lowest, with +5 AR even good fire abilities tend to underpenetrate (on PotD at least). Iirc she will have 14 burn DR then.

She absolutely dies a lot faster if you don't let her cast the Safeguard. Also, if you interrupt it she tries to recast it - which means she won't be doing more dangerous stuff at that time.

I always had great success with interrupts of all kinds (Thrust oTV, Crossbow, Arbalest, even Rogue's strikes etc.) + Combusting Wounds. Just cast anything pulsing under her feet, especially Wall of Flames and such and use beams. And summons of course. Nothing beats tasty cannon fodder. ;)  

Out of curiosity, I reloaded and tried the fight again with club modal.

she only managed to cast the Safeguard once. Damn.

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Hm I guess it depends on level of party.

Solo it never takes me longer than 2 minutes to kill her I assume with party that would be quite a bit faster.

But I also never do DLC and megabosses before level 16....

• Like 1