Tartarus game breaking issue

So I just completed the new dlc on a character that had a previous save on Tartarus. So was prompted to create the new save prior to landing/starting that mission in order to play the dlc. However, now that I completed the dlc and went back to finish the game Tartarus is now bugged. My allies do not spawn in like they are supposed to and the elevator at the back of the hanger is sealed.

You can make it through the first "double" door in the back of the hangar by opening the first one, then waiting for the elevator. That doesn't really help though because later on, another elevator inside the large shaft is inaccessible without any means  to call it.

At the moment, Tartarus is broken if accessed Murder on Eridanos by using a save game just before finishing Tartarus. That's because Tartarus isn't 'reset' as I'd have expected, but you're simply transported back to your ship, and everyhting on Tartarus (enemies, elevator positions) remain unchanged. I have no idea how this could get past beta testing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BillyG said:

You can make it through the first "double" door in the back of the hangar by opening the first one, then waiting for the elevator. That doesn't really help though because later on, another elevator inside the large shaft is inaccessible without any means  to call it.

At the moment, Tartarus is broken if accessed Murder on Eridanos by using a save game just before finishing Tartarus. That's because Tartarus isn't 'reset' as I'd have expected, but you're simply transported back to your ship, and everyhting on Tartarus (enemies, elevator positions) remain unchanged. I have no idea how this could get past beta testing.

For me the one behind the guard commander is already open, the elevator door is just in a constant state of closed. Doesn't even give the "sealed" display if you hover over it. No waiting does anything either

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here.  I got into the pit with some difficulty (bugged door).  When I got to the studio where Clark should be recording his message, it is empty and there is no way to advance the plot from there.  Obsidian, please fix this bug soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/2/2021 at 2:23 AM, cstanick said:

I'm sorry that you all have been running into this issue not being able to complete the game at Tartarus. If you haven't already, I recommend reaching out to our publishing partner Private Division as they are the dedicated support for The Outer Worlds. 

[Persuade 90] It is 2024 now and the bug still exists (At least on PC). Most players will blame Obsidian for this, regardless of who is ultimately in charge of fixing the issue. I think Obsidian should contact the publisher, since they are damaging Obsidian's reputation by keeping this bug alive.