Crashes, repeated after most recent update

It is not just you two. I am on Xbox One. Many, many people are having the crash issue either while playing or when attempting to save. I have a report in and they keep asking questions that should have no part in causing the issue. They seriously need to fix the game as it is bugged to high heaven at the moment. 1 star since you can't rate any lower and will stay that way until the game actually works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Murder on Eridanos, the quest Naked Hunch, repeated crashes on two different xbox devices during this quest.  Approaching the door to enter the building after fighting several people and critters, within some close proximity to the door the games crashes without fail.  Is this a bug in the game or a corruption somewhere in the save file?  It is not just the map location, as the same character had earlier been in the location without any crashes - it crashes in this area with this quest.  Duplicated on two different xboxs, but with the same character and save files.  Any help is appreciated.

Krag

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am having the same problem. I also am on the Xbox series x and have experienced consistent game crashes at a specific point in the new dlc. Super frustrating to have to wait so long for something that doesn’t even work.

Edited by Asher Purcell
  • Like 1

Good luck with that Krag. The constant crashing is happening to a lot of people. If I try to go to purpleberry orchards it crashes, I went to the hotel - crashed 4 times before finally letting me in, try to go to VIP floor either crashes as soon as you choose floor or get to floor and crashes within 30-45 seconds. The entire game is just bug central right now. Good thing they got our money already huh.

Edit: forgot to add any attempt at saving crashes the game as well.

Edited by Hakdagutz
  • Like 1

Constantly getting crashes now that i have reached the Wilderness in MoE to meet the Prophet. Cannot enter where i am meant to meet her as it crashes. Cant save game in area of the map surronding where she is and in doing a seperate mission to find the guest room keys i do get the final one but then 1 minute later it crashes. Anyone else having these same problems? I just want to finish the DLC

• Thanks 2

Are you Talking about the Prophet of Profitability, where you go back to confront her? If so, YES! At least that is where it happens for me. Xbox one.

Almost exact same issues. Go to transition back in to her "Retreat Building" (or whatever it's called) and get hung up and eventually kicked all the way out of the game. If it is reproduceable by you and I, it is a BUG! and needs to be fixed.

• Thanks 2

I’m getting the exact same thing but within the VIP section of the hotel before scanning for evidence about the wooly cow, can’t save like you said and can’t loot for more than 10 minutes before it crashes. I’m on Xbox series X btw

• Thanks 1

My game keep crashing i was able to do like 10 secondary mission but now is totally unplayable, on series x keep crash in every place at beginning i thinked was spaceport problem because the 1st crash happend here so i thinked i try to move to other missions and wait to jump in that place, but game now crash in every zone i hope a patch its on the table lol...

XBoxSx and I’m have the exact same issue except at the end of the game. Seriously. I’ve progressed through all of it without issue and then last night it hit a wall. Or more specifically, a brick. Every time it tries to auto save or I try to manually save it kicks me out completely. I am a devoted TOW fan and I’m super disappointed such a game breaking bug is happening with this last dlc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Murder on Eridanos | Outer Worlds v1.5.1.696 | Xbox Series X - Insider Beta ring

As soon as I cross the bridge to Purpleberry Orchards, I can no longer save without the game crashing. Auto saves also crash the game after that point.

There is a noticeable stutter while crossing the bridge, and from that very point on the game will just crash whenever a save attempt is made.

All my previous saves work fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same issue on Xbox Series X, except happening at Piraeus Spaceport. I've used an older save, hard reset the device, and done a full uninstall/reinstall of game and all DLC. No other noticeable issues.

• Like 1

I'm on series s and I'm literally stuck in the orchards with all the waspsquitos. The game crashes constantly you can't save you can't kill more than 10 enemies. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling nothings working I hope they plan on fixing this cuz of right now it's unplayable 

I've emailed Obsidian about this and they have passed my query on to Private Division.

I'll post with an update when I have it. 

If you look at the reviews of this DLC on Xbox store there are similar complaints and 1 star reviews. It's happening to lots of players. I will make Private Division aware of this (maybe they already are) when they get back to me. 

Real shame, really love this game, I'm sure it will get sorted.

• Like 1

Stove they are aware for a while now. I have been going back and forth with them since last week and they have not even acknowledged that their is a problem, even with all of the people saying there is one and it is basically the same issue across the board of constant crashing and being unable to save (due to crashing when trying to save). I am hoping they resolve it but from what I have seen so far from them I will not get my hopes too high.

• Like 1

I am playing on Xbox and playing the newest dlc I am getting as far as escape it keeps crashing every time I get out of the facility also having problems trying to save it keep crashing when I am trying to save I love this game a lot I try everything I could have turned off Xbox and everything thought I was the only one having this issue but it seems like a lot of people are having this same issue as me on Xbox so pls fix this I really want to finish this dlc badly 

Edited by lindo

Having the same issue on Xbox One X. Any time I try entering the Wilderness, game crashes. Also getting crashes when ending the conversation with The Lawyer in the maze at the orchards and anytime the game attempts a save (auto or manual) inside the Piraeus Spaceport.

Hi Love Outer Worlds and was enjoying the new DLC.  Now after latest update I’m in the same position in Xbox One as other people are mentioning.  Constant crashes, can’t even save without a crash.  Now can’t play the game at all because of this.  It’s seems unfair to pay for something that doesn’t work.  Hope this gets addressed with a new patch

• Thanks 1

Private division sent me some questions about this issue,

I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask you so that we can investigate this issue further:

1. What kind of playthrough have you followed for this save file? Are you killing every NPC that you encounter or are you trying to help everybody?
2. How much time have you spent on this save file so far? (You can see your Playtime when loading your save file) and roughly, how much of that time was spent on the DLC?
3. How far has your character progressed in the game? (Your level? What quest are you currently on? etc.)
4. Have you completed the Peril on Gorgon DLC on this save file? 
5. Is this a rollback saves? Meaning that the save was previously at Tartarus, but you created a new pre-Tartarus save?
6. How many save files in total do you have for Outer Worlds, autosaves included?
7. Are your save files stored on your Xbox's hard drive or on an external drive?
8. Are you playing The Outer Worlds through Game Pass?
9. Have you played in-between the release of version 1.5.0 (March 15th) and 1.5.1 (March 17th before 12pm GMT-5)
10. Was your save file created on Xbox One or Xbox Series?

If you have any questions, please let me know.