Crashes when playing Murder On Eridanos XBOX/S

I have an Xbox series S. Just downloaded Murder on Eridanos.

Every time I try to play it crashes and goes back to home screen. The rest of the game plays fine, just this DLC.

If I leave The Unreliable and try to re-enter it crashes and also just after speaking to the bell hop.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not the most technically minded when it comes to console or game issues.

• Thanks 2

I posted about the game crashing at a specific point early in the story and cannot continue on at all due to that as it is every time I try to go to the next spot necessary for the story/quest.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stove said:

I moved mine too, mainly so transitions would load quicker.  Annoying though, was looking forward to playing Eridanos. Get a tantalising view from the landing pad and then it crashes!

Furthest I got was finishing the conversation with the bellhop. I was so excited to play with higher FPS too. Guess that'll have to wait. 

Thanks for your response! I've forwarded your information to our QA team for review.

At this time, we don't have a solution for this issue, but we're aware of the reports online from other players and our QA team is investigating, so please keep an eye out for any updates.

In the meantime, I have not yet seen any confirmed reports of fresh new characters experiencing these issues, so it's possible that this only affects older save files that meets certain criteria. If you'd still like to play the DLC without waiting for a fix, I'd recommend doing the following:

1. Delete existing autosave files.
2. Clear your console's cache.
3. Create your new save file. The DLC can be accessed after unlocking the Stellar Bay Landing Pad, so it can be unlocked earlier than Peril on Gorgon, which requires completion of Radio Free Monarch.

I would also advise avoiding opening existing save data that are currently affected by the saving/crashing issue, at least until a fix is released. I don't have any evidence that this could lead the save to "corrupt" other save files, but it's better to be safe.

Just so all know I had already tried their suggestions prior to them suggesting them - to no avail. The game is simply bugged.

• Sad 1

Crap! This is happening to a lot of users, at different points of the game. This is not just acorrupt file unless it was downloaded that way. I have xbox one. Maybe the microsoft packet contains it, I can't speak to other platforms, but there is some bad code in there. Don't "take it under advisement" fix it or refund us. You had no problem taking our money, make it right! I'm not a coder, but the first place I would look is in the file save system.  That might explain how it happens to different users in different spots.

• Thanks 1

I’m 2/3 done with the DLC (probably) on One X and it started crashing after I travelled (on my own) to the Wildlife Reservoir area with the elevator. Specifically, Fast-travelling to the Penthouse to confront a certain character, triggered the crash (“The man who chafed” quest).
Walking from the hotel all the way to the Pilothouse and entering the building triggered the crash on the loading screen.

This crash, the way it sounds and happens, is very much like Dishonored 2 and Death of The Outsider games, both crash right before reaching the main menu (the point when games fetch save data). Fixing those is easy - turn off WiFi/unplug the Ethernet cable, launch the game, get to the main menu, reconnect. It has something to do with the way Xbox fetches save files from the servers or something, I don’t remember. All other suggested solutions for that problem (hard resets, clearing cache, deleting local save files, etc.) didn’t fix it for me.

However, that is the only specific point triggering crashes, but here I have no way of testing it, I’ve shortly passed that area and my auto saves are replaced now, recreating any of that did nothing. 
But, just in case the QA team hasn’t uncovered it yet, it might be worth checking.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2021 at 10:47 AM, Hakdagutz said:

Thanks for your response! I've forwarded your information to our QA team for review.

At this time, we don't have a solution for this issue, but we're aware of the reports online from other players and our QA team is investigating, so please keep an eye out for any updates.

In the meantime, I have not yet seen any confirmed reports of fresh new characters experiencing these issues, so it's possible that this only affects older save files that meets certain criteria. If you'd still like to play the DLC without waiting for a fix, I'd recommend doing the following:

1. Delete existing autosave files.
2. Clear your console's cache.
3. Create your new save file. The DLC can be accessed after unlocking the Stellar Bay Landing Pad, so it can be unlocked earlier than Peril on Gorgon, which requires completion of Radio Free Monarch.

I would also advise avoiding opening existing save data that are currently affected by the saving/crashing issue, at least until a fix is released. I don't have any evidence that this could lead the save to "corrupt" other save files, but it's better to be safe.

Just so all know I had already tried their suggestions prior to them suggesting them - to no avail. The game is simply bugged.

I'm confused - are you a dev or are you just copying and pasting a support response?

Is there any word on when the patch is incoming?

This is a pretty crappy situation, we've basically paid for a product that doesn't work, and I had hoped Obsidian had gone beyond releasing untested games (the history of Obsidian's broken-on-launch titles is pretty long, but I had hoped this would be fixed when they got bought by M$, but apparently not).

On 3/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, Tencatta said:

I'm confused - are you a dev or are you just copying and pasting a support response?

This is a pretty crappy situation, we've basically paid for a product that doesn't work, and I had hoped Obsidian had gone beyond releasing untested games (the history of Obsidian's broken-on-launch titles is pretty long, but I had hoped this would be fixed when they got bought by M$, but apparently not).

I was just posting the response I had received. This was before they finally admitted that there was an actual issue. Now they have at least admitted it but who knows how many days/weeks/months we will have to wait for them to fix the game so we can actually play what we paid for.

• Thanks 1

Responded in your other post.

Responded in your other post.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:18 AM, B_duxx said:

I’m 2/3 done with the DLC (probably) on One X and it started crashing after I travelled (on my own) to the Wildlife Reservoir area with the elevator. Specifically, Fast-travelling to the Penthouse to confront a certain character, triggered the crash (“The man who chafed” quest).
Walking from the hotel all the way to the Pilothouse and entering the building triggered the crash on the loading screen.

This crash, the way it sounds and happens, is very much like Dishonored 2 and Death of The Outsider games, both crash right before reaching the main menu (the point when games fetch save data). Fixing those is easy - turn off WiFi/unplug the Ethernet cable, launch the game, get to the main menu, reconnect. It has something to do with the way Xbox fetches save files from the servers or something, I don’t remember. All other suggested solutions for that problem (hard resets, clearing cache, deleting local save files, etc.) didn’t fix it for me.

However, that is the only specific point triggering crashes, but here I have no way of testing it, I’ve shortly passed that area and my auto saves are replaced now, recreating any of that did nothing. 
But, just in case the QA team hasn’t uncovered it yet, it might be worth checking.

i tried no dice even with the internet off 

thanks for everyone who responded, i know that someone from this company is reading this posts not just players so to those people please respond to our issue we paid money for your product at least have the respect to answer your customers we need answer on why this game keeps freezing 

• 2 weeks later...