Weird, random, interesting

Gorth

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

<video>

Rresistance is futile... You will be assimilated :skull:

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Falcon and Winter Soldier: Ed Brubaker Slams Marvel Residuals (gizmodo.com)

Despite comic book superheroes being some of the biggest moneymakers on screens big and small lately, the creators who brought them to life in the first place rarely get more than a fraction of that financial success coming their way. But as Marvel’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier cooks up a storm on Disney+, comics writer Ed Brubaker has opened up about just how big that disparity really is.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For one of those wtf moments... 😁

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

12 hours ago, Gorth said:

For one of those wtf moments... 😁

I think the square comes from a slight difference along the diagonal side. There's enough slack in the positioning to cover it.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

45 minutes ago, rjshae said:

I think the square comes from a slight difference along the diagonal side. There's enough slack in the positioning to cover it.

Correct. It's barely noticeable for the human eye, but that  tiny overlap is the missing square when all added up ;)

LeVar Burton lands guest host gig on 'Jeopardy!' after more than 246,000 fans sign online petition

a story which brought a genuine smile to our grumpy mug. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56822571

This is work avoidance taken to extremes!

A hospital employee in Italy has been accused of skipping work on full pay for 15 years, local media report.

The man is alleged to have stopped turning up to work at the Ciaccio hospital in the southern city of Catanzaro in 2005.

He is now being investigated for fraud, extortion and abuse of office, Italian news agency Ansa reports.

He was reportedly paid €538,000 (£464,000) in total over the years he is thought not to have been working.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gorth said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56822571

This is work avoidance taken to extremes!

A hospital employee in Italy has been accused of skipping work on full pay for 15 years, local media report.

The man is alleged to have stopped turning up to work at the Ciaccio hospital in the southern city of Catanzaro in 2005.

He is now being investigated for fraud, extortion and abuse of office, Italian news agency Ansa reports.

He was reportedly paid €538,000 (£464,000) in total over the years he is thought not to have been working.

My idol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Sad 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell