Weird, random, interesting

Gorth

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

Is a New Zealander doing this, people assumed it was an American - which is odd as no firearms involved.

One way of catching your food I suppose 🤔

3 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

At the time deer were worth a fortune alive. Hence no firearms, and use of an expensive helicopter to catch one. More usual to use a capture net rather than Van Damme it, but you use what you're given.

Real men catch their own food 😝

Old thread:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Woman created deepfake videos to force rivals off her daughters cheerleading squad

Police arrested a 50-year-old Bucks County woman March 10 for sending her teen daughter’s cheerleading coaches fake photos and videos depicting her rivals naked, drinking, or smoking, to try to get them kicked off the squad, according to media reports.

Raffaela Spone, of Chalfont, was charged with two misdemeanors, Hilltown Township Police officers said. Spone is facing three counts of cyber harassment of a child and three counts of harassment.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It seems they're getting real close to an eruption in Iceland

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 3/13/2021 at 3:11 PM, Raithe said:

Ultimately, I think we're going to need to employ something like blockchain technology to validate the originality of all videos. At least those that are likely to end up in a court of law.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Walrus takes a nap on an iceberg and wakes up in Ireland

I hope he doesn’t feel too bad about it. After all haven’t we all gone out drinking and passed out in one place and woke up in another in our younger years? The story didn’t say anything about him waking up next to a overweight and less than attractive walrus whose name he didn’t remember but it definitely would fit in the story!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@Guard Dog I thought of you when I saw this video;

Handcannon derringer, best concealed carry ever. 😂

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The great thing about derringers is they never misfire. Yes you only get two shots but if one shot won’t deter an aggressor what good will seven do? The objective of  carrying a firearm is not to get into a gun fight. It’s just to ward off a potential threat.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That video reminded me why I hate gun Youtubers, except Ian, I guess. 😛

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

That video reminded me why I hate gun Youtubers, except Ian, I guess. 😛

You dissin' Karl?!

5 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

You dissin' Karl?!

Don't really watch his stuff, but he does videos with Ian so guess can't be total crap (then again...Ian's done videos with VIckers...).  Mostly seems to shoot the things rather than go through history and background.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

20 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Don't really watch his stuff, but he does videos with Ian so guess can't be total crap (then again...Ian's done videos with VIckers...).  Mostly seems to shoot the things rather than go through history and background.

Yeah, InRange is mostly firearms tests, mud-tests and different competition shoots. Then some history ontop of that, and a few pieces about cybersecurity and privacy.

I do enjoy C&Rsenal aswell

Edited by Azdeus

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

The great thing about derringers is they never misfire. Yes you only get two shots but if one shot won’t deter an aggressor what good will seven do? The objective of  carrying a firearm is not to get into a gun fight. It’s just to ward off a potential threat.

An angry grizzly bear appears. You draw your derringer...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

On the need for a montage...   Or just physicality and expression on film through the years.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

8 minutes ago, rjshae said:

I’ve never tried this myself but I have heard from more than one place that a can of mace will stop a grizzly bear more effectively than a 44 magnum. Of course both solutions hinge on one thing: don’t freaking miss!

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

Online chess master lose his match, accuses opponent of cheating, and then things got ugly

He’s right about one thing though. Chess computers do make certain moves that you just kind of expect. I guess if you played enough human and computer opponents you learn to spot the difference. As for the reactions, well nothing unexpected there LOL

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

22 minutes ago, rjshae said:

That's why you carry

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Malcador said:

Things like this is why I do enjoy Karls content (Jump to 3 minutes if you don't want to watch all of it)

Edited by Azdeus

43 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I occasionally watch InRange for the history bits.

Anyways, I like larger caliber handguns but I like a lot of weight to them as well. I can't image I'd enjoy that noisy cricket.

That's probably what I enjoy the most with it. "A derringer? You get an Glock and I get a lil' midget derringer?" 🤣

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I occasionally watch InRange for the history bits.

Anyways, I like larger caliber handguns but I like a lot of weight to them as well. I can't image I'd enjoy that noisy cricket.

Mine chambers two .45LC or two 410Ga slugs. And fits neatly in my front pocket. At 10 m or less it is absolutely deadly

Thomas Sowell