What Are you Playing Now: Living the Good Life

Amentep

18 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

I buy every Piranha Bytes game on release. They're the only competent Eastern European developer left.

Their is hope for you yet my son, now you see why I havent given up on you ?

But their are plenty of good East European companies that develop excellent games, you must be forgetting CDPR and Warhorse to name a few 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

18 hours ago, melkathi said:

Hmm I felt Outer Worlds was trying to be FO:NV merged with Borderlands.

oh, the running around is definitely inspired by Borderlands, all those barrels carefully placed near enemy spawns etc. but Borderlands was never a good shooter either 😄 maybe I'm too picky I dunno, but OW could've been so much more :( 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

DEADBOLT. If you like Katana Zero or Hotline Miami, you may very well enjoy this, lot of similarities while offering some different things. Good game, not too long.

NOITA. Looked neat, gave it a try, only ended up playing an hour, controls felt too weird and the wand system too annoying for me to bother further, plus I didn't really want to get into a roguelike of any kind if I wasn't a hundred percent sold on the gameplay.

Wait! Life Is Beautiful! Played this one a while back, but don't think I ever wrote about it. It's a suicide simulator. Just kidding...kind of - just a little indie story/dialogue-based game where you can either try to prevent people from jumping off a bridge or goad them on. Interesting little game that you have to be in the mood for.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

6 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

They are Germans? Is eastern Europe now starts at the beaches of UK? xD

Yeah he's way off, their studio is in Essen, Germany, which is quite far westward part of Germany.  If their studio was in East Germany he may have been half right.