What Are you Playing Now: Living the Good Life

Amentep

12 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

If you are being serious about that second sentence, just so you know, here is what a common black person thinks about such courses ;) (probably NSFW ;) )

Yes  I was just joking with that post 

But that video is brilliant, I agree with most of what he says and its very humorous at times. Can you think of a bigger waste of time than attending a Robin DiAngelo seminar about " being less white " ...  :lol:

I knew it was going to be  a good parody when he started off saying " and everything on social media is 100 %  true " :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

People taking Youtubers seriously, tsk.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 minutes ago, Malcador said:

People taking Youtubers seriously, tsk.

Sometimes people make relevant points on Youtube so I dont always dismiss everything and it can be very entertaining and true at the same time 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Sometimes people make relevant points on Youtube so I dont always dismiss everything and it can be very entertaining and true at the same time 8)

Eh, is people being played for the most part.  But at least the comments are fun to read - of late I watch Bellular's videos with him and some useless bastard opposite him, comments are all about how much WoW sucks by people exclaiming how they don't care about the game :lol:  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Was Miranda's original badonkadonk modeled after the actor? 🤔

About 90% sure that Bioware said they did body scans for both Strahovski and the reporter (Jessica Chabot?). Kind of funny how far they'd run from using that as a marketing point today.

8 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Maybe Miranda's face was tired? :shifty:

Now I'm picturing Yvonne Strahovski in a bodysuit with several dozen little balls glued to her behind. In an unrelated story, how much does motion capture graphic artist pay? Asking for a friend. :-

Pretty sure they'd have used 3D laser scanning (~LIDAR) for the body scans as they do for a lot of CGI work in films, while reference points are just for motion capture.

Both have a bad case of bethesda face, but the bits that require less resolution are a lot better. Laser scans produce far more data than can practically be used, so they'd have had to reduce the resolution down and probably did it non selectively which would disproportionately effect areas that require high res like the face.

Edited by Zoraptor

Resident Evil Village

Despite the roughish start, overall an extremely good game, and very highly recommended.  I accused it of being linear at first but as the game progresses it very much opens up.  Good to be proven wrong!  Tons of crafting, weapons, weapon upgrades, mines, pipe bombs, and hidden items you can find and sell.

One of the best RE games bar none, blows 7 out of the water (this game could be considered RE7 pt 2 tbh).

EDIT: I should add a footnote that I'm playing on a 3090 with RTX enabled so that may affect my score a bit, as it looks absolutely stunning maxed out but it does knock the frame rates down significantly.  It hovers around 70 fps usually but in some instances it does dip to quite low, so you'll need a beefy card if you want the most of it.

Edited by ComradeYellow

6 hours ago, Lexx said:

lol Jessica Chobot looked so bad in ME. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

You may be joking but I am now  considering the same thing and its not like  they dont know how to create  attractive women, like Isabella in DA2 and many other women in their games. So then the question is  why?

And I seriously hope, and I do  find it hard to believe, it wasnt done in some well meaning but utterly misplaced  "SJ  campaign to change things wrong and unequal  in society " ....so you make her unattractive so she isnt objectified  by licentious and lustful men because she is  "more than just a pretty face " ? :teehee:

Surly not ....I  just cant think of other reasons to make the character look so different and ostensibly unattractive. I am hoping you guys can think of other legitimate  reasons to do it ?

John Milton 

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I  just cant think of other reasons to make the character look so different and ostensibly unattractive. I am hoping you guys can think of other legitimate  reasons to do it ?

Maybe it's a lot harder when you have to make it look like someone specific compared to when you have "free hands" to sculpt a face?

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

9 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Maybe it's a lot harder when you have to make it look like someone specific compared to when you have "free hands" to sculpt a face?

I am hoping its something like that, I would be very disappointed in them if they did it  for  a misplaced SJ reason

John Milton 

55 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I am hoping its something like that, I would be very disappointed in them if they did it  for  a misplaced SJ reason

It is Bioware, they even hired at some point Anita Sarkeesian as an advisor, that should give you enough hints about what is the real reason 😉

• Gasp! 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

42 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

It is Bioware, they even hired at some point Anita Sarkeesian as an advisor, that should give you enough hints about what is the real reason 😉

I didnt realize they hired Anita, what a waste of money unless you want to be divisive and alienate gamers 

John Milton 

effing hell, so I caved in and bought red dead redemption on steam and that piece of $hit requires some stupid rock star social club nonsense. Why I can't just play my games? Why is it so hard to make just a game without billion social features. I am very tempted to just refund this....

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

59 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

effing hell, so I caved in and bought red dead redemption on steam and that piece of $hit requires some stupid rock star social club nonsense. Why I can't just play my games? Why is it so hard to make just a game without billion social features. I am very tempted to just refund this....

Its a great game, you wont be disappointed...get into hunting and kill the Legendary Animals, lots of fun. And always do side missions  so you dont finish the main story  too early 8)

John Milton 

I loaded up Stoneshard today. The game is still in beta, but I haven't played it in awhile, and it has come along nicely. I think this will eventually become one of my favorite RPG's to tool around in. 

If you haven't checked it out, it is super deep and a bit unforgiving.

Ok, super unforgiving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:24 AM, HoonDing said:

Miranda was hit by an even bigger ugly stick.

I always thought her face looked as if it was like...stretched across her model, sort of like...

mpc-hc64_IERjhmwu43.png

Yes, I did just compare Miranda to a mold of Squidward whose face was just flattened by Patrick's big butt - deal with it, :). I'd also feel quite bad for saying/thinking that if I hadn't already looked up a picture of Yvonne Strahovski and concluded that BioWare did a hilariously bad job at modeling her, especially in light of Miranda having supposed "perfect genetics". Yeah, okay, BioWare. Although, to be fair, a number of BioWare's attempts at real-person modeling for Mass Effect went horrifically wrong, and it certainly was not limited to just Miranda.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I completed Morrowind yesterday, the main quest. I spent about 125 hours on this classic game and it was well worth it. The game gets a solid 70% on the globally followed " BruceVC gaming rating system ".

Like with Ubisoft games the inevitable  " Elder Scrolls fatigue " sets in because you can only explore so many Daedric Shrines and Dwemer ruins before you want to move on with completing the narrative. I wont be playing the expansions but I will be now moving on to Oblivion and then Skyrim which I have never played before....their should be a law making it mandatory for all RPG gamers to play Skyrim and I should be penalized for my oversight !!!!

After I have completed the single player ES games I want to start on ES Online so I appreciated the lore and reminders of history in Morrowind 

So in summary, Morrowind is a great and complex game considering the myriad of quests and NPCs you can interact with that have nothing to do with the main quest. I think the magic system and skill progression is a good system and rewards you for using skills as you adventure and explore the world

A real classic and highly recommended, its the epitome of sandbox and that is something I love about the Elder Scrolls gaming franchise 

And of course always use Mods to improve your gaming experience....never forget Mods 8)

John Milton 

I have decided to play ELEX as my next  game,  I have very fond memories of Piranha Bytes due to the excellent and memorable Gothic series so I am excited to see how they did with this new game 

• Hmmm 1

John Milton 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1259420/Days_Gone/

Has anyone played this game on Console, its just been released on Steam and Epic and it looks excellent. It reminds me of Dying Light and could be my zombie killing fix until DL2 is released 

John Milton 

44 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1259420/Days_Gone/

Has anyone played this game on Console, its just been released on Steam and Epic and it looks excellent. It reminds me of Dying Light and could be my zombie killing fix until DL2 is released 

Very slow burn, takes some time for the story to kick off, so if you give it a go arm yourself with patience. Otherwise a very good game for the fans of the genre.

• Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Very slow burn, takes some time for the story to kick off, so if you give it a go arm yourself with patience. Otherwise a very good game for the fans of the genre.

How would you compare it to Dying Light if you have played it ?

John Milton 

5 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

How would you compare it to Dying Light if you have played it ?

Much less vertical gameplay in Days Gone and much less urban locations, the big selling point for it are the Hordes, the gameplay around them and the voice acting. It's a different experience to Dying Light for sure.

• Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

4 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Much less vertical gameplay in Days Gone and much less urban locations, the big selling point for it are the Hordes, the gameplay around them and the voice acting. It's a different experience to Dying Light for sure.

Thanks, once I have finished ELEX I will buy this game. I miss killing Zombies and other post-apocalyptic creatures 🧟‍♂️

John Milton