What Are you Playing Now: Living the Good Life

Amentep

11 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Yeah, controller is a must. Even so, I still don't see why the people love the game so much. 😆 

Same.  Forgive me for being political here but I've noticed that Nier fans have an affinity to to alt right viewpoints, along with many Japophiles.

I'm on my guard here. xD

Back in the sweet spot of SIlver in Overwatch, 30 year old men bickering like toddlers, hick racists and white gangsta kids on voice chat.  Makes the game worth playing.

Lost Horizon 2 is just not holding me, but must power through it.  It's ridiculous that the walkthrough is IN the game, they couldn't even put the work in for a hint system

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyone trying/going to check out the Metro RT upgrade (supposedly free if you own game already)? 

...trying to decide if I feel like bothering putting Steam in Online and d/l-ing/installing it when I know I'll barely look at it. But it's free!
...I'm sure it'd cripple my rig at 4k, but, despite the fact I don't really care about RT,  ofc I'm a curious cat who likes to see things with her own eyeballs. 

Hmm...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^  Never mind! Don't need no stinkin' RT Metro update for entertainment. Found a 3rd party map generator for 7 Days to Die that is much better (and much much faster) than the one given in the game.  No more biomes always at map edges, I could make it all forest, or all snow, if I wanted, totally flat, etc.  Going to take a while to figure out creation of perfect map!

Maybe only one giant city? ...
6kmap02-1cityA.jpg

Goes up to 16k size (vs. 8k game default) as well as many custom sizes and settings.
16kmap02-flatterA.jpg

Pardon me while I get lost.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

13 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Anyone trying/going to check out the Metro RT upgrade (supposedly free if you own game already)? 

...trying to decide if I feel like bothering putting Steam in Online and d/l-ing/installing it when I know I'll barely look at it. But it's free!
...I'm sure it'd cripple my rig at 4k, but, despite the fact I don't really care about RT,  ofc I'm a curious cat who likes to see things with her own eyeballs. 

Hmm...

I would love to, but I am on waiting list for my ordered RT card since February 😄 So my new lovely AMD 5900X computer is currently powered by NVIDIA GTX760 card 🤣 The term Bottlenecking, got a completely new meaning 😄

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 5/6/2021 at 9:03 PM, ComradeYellow said:

Same.  Forgive me for being political here but I've noticed that Nier fans have an affinity to to alt right viewpoints, along with many Japophiles.

I'm on my guard here. xD

Damn, when did that happen???

I never even noticed the moment I turned alt right... please don't tell my friends! 😟

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

8 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

I would love to, but I am on waiting list for my ordered RT card since February 😄 So my new lovely AMD 5900X computer is currently powered by NVIDIA GTX760 card 🤣 The term Bottlenecking, got a completely new meaning 😄

Well I did actually download it (it's a separate "game" install, you don't add onto the previous version) but apparently I'd have to update Win10 for it to work.  I don't know how far I'd have to update Windows (absolute latest or just from six months ago, for example).  Anyway, I have nothing against updating per se but I am far too lazy at the moment. 

...which is my problem with all things PC nowadays.  I'm just too lazy to want to deal with all this 'stuff' anymore.   😦

...*takes up knitting*

On 5/6/2021 at 12:03 PM, ComradeYellow said:

Ehh. I think it is just more of a jRPG then I expected. It has basic but perfectly functional combat system, with a nice customisation through program pods, but heavily undermined by actual leveling system which just messes up the balance of combat. I also had expectations - I knew it was Platinum game and that it was great and had "great combat system" and you need to play it multiple times to get true ending - so In my naive mind I imagined Bayonetta/DMC style game where replayability is further enhanced with story changes. Didn't do much more research then that, thanks to "you should go into it blind" comments. What I got was just a whole lot of running and repetition to get what was not so good of a story. And I am enough of a Ghost in the Shell junkie, for it to not make a big impression on me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm slowly going through Zero Time Dilemma. The game starts off kinda dark and messed up right off the bat, but it's not full on Spike Chunsoft demented yet. That's coming eventually, I'm sure. I'm starting to get tiny glimpses into what's going on beneath the surface and the hidden subplots, but for now the surface-level story is the only one that's at all clear. I'm excited to see what dark and twisted places they will take me. The puzzles have been easy and straightforward for now, but I'm sure they'll  ramp up in time.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Passing time creating war crimes in Arma 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i'm actually having that bit of struggle.

I had some things interrupt some of my game focus , and now I'm finding it hard to be in the mood for gaming these last couple of weeks.

I've got a Subnuatica Below Zero game I was in the middle of, a late stage Stellaris game I should finish. Halfway through both AC:Origins and AC:Odyssey that I should find some time to get back to engaging on. I haven't booted up Valheim in about 3 weeks.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I reached my first ending in Zero Time Dilemma and also the first moment when the game went from simply dark and weird to flat out ****ed up. I was partially shocked and appaled and partially giddy with excitement when it happened. This isn't my first Spike Chunsoft game, so I knew they would go there, and go there they did, but even though I was expecting things to get REALLY dark I was still like "Damn, that's ****ed up!"

Anyway, I have a long way to go to unravel all the mysteries, have enough info to make a judgement call on what would be the best possible outcome, and can start to plan out a route that would lead to said best possible outcome. Just to give you an idea of how much the game branches:

5QhSvUS.jpg

zBImnBW.jpg

geVnzmL.jpg

As you can see, I'm barely scratching the surface.

• Hmmm 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Every now and then, I try out things on Steam that is free (because I couldn't see myself actually spending money on it). This time, the game was "Monster Girl Island: Prologue"...

It's a "toon" style game. Annoyingly cute graphics and sexually explicit material at times. Sort of a dating sim (bed all the girls and get trophy pictures like the original Witcher game) and mystery adventure game all in one. I thought I would hate it.

Much to my surprised, after the first few dialogues I was completely hooked on the game. It's been a very, very long time since I caught myself sitting and laughing out loud at game dialogue for all the right reasons. The humour was spot on for my tastes. The game mechanics are simple, no voice over, all dialogue is text only etc... but dang did I sit with a big stupid grin afterwards. It's sort a "early access" type of game (hence why it's free) while a full(er) version is in development. All of it literally done by one guy. He recently parted ways with Patreon because he didn't want to give in to the changes Patreon demanded, but I hope he finds a way to complete the game some day. I sure would buy it 😎

IT'S BUNNY TIME. | Monster Girl Island #18 | Monster girl island, Monster  girl, Monster

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

15 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Every now and then, I try out things on Steam that is free (because I couldn't see myself actually spending money on it). This time, the game was "Monster Girl Island: Prologue"...

It's a "toon" style game. Annoyingly cute graphics and sexually explicit material at times. Sort of a dating sim (bed all the girls and get trophy pictures like the original Witcher game) and mystery adventure game all in one. I thought I would hate it.

Much to my surprised, after the first few dialogues I was completely hooked on the game. It's been a very, very long time since I caught myself sitting and laughing out loud at game dialogue for all the right reasons. The humour was spot on for my tastes. The game mechanics are simple, no voice over, all dialogue is text only etc... but dang did I sit with a big stupid grin afterwards. It's sort a "early access" type of game (hence why it's free) while a full(er) version is in development. All of it literally done by one guy. He recently parted ways with Patreon because he didn't want to give in to the changes Patreon demanded, but I hope he finds a way to complete the game some day. I sure would buy it 😎

IT'S BUNNY TIME. | Monster Girl Island #18 | Monster girl island, Monster  girl, Monster

Interesting, thanks for the gaming suggestion. It seems worthwhile 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Interesting, thanks for the gaming suggestion. It seems worthwhile 

You're welcome. Just a heads up, it's only a prologue. Playable alright, but some areas appear "sparse" or unfinished. The characters, the writing and the conversations in particular though are just funny in an absurd way. Especially paired with some very effective facial animations. You're the only human (and a male one at that, such a discusting creature) stranded on a remote Island inhabited by elves, dragon girls, mermaids, android girls, all kinds of monster girls. The main game doesn't exist yet (and may never do so, although I hope it does happen some day). This part is free on Steam.

Edit: Doesn't exist as in not released. Apparently the developer is torn between two Unity Engine versions and the result may be what is currently finished becomes a "Part 1" (because it's too hard to migrate to a new engine version, after all, it's a one man project) and what is still to do gets on a new version on Unity and becomes "Part 2"

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty deep into Zero Time Dilemma, almost certainly more than half way (the game is very non-linear, so it can be hard to tell). There are some flat out emotionally devastating sequences and ****'s gotten all types of twisted. I kind of thought I had a lot of the plot figured out, and some of my suspicions are still viable, but boy oh boy did Spike Chunsoft throw one helluva monkey wrench into my gears. I can't wait to see how this shakes out.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

There are a lot of potatoes in the game, no ?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

The potato genre is fertile ground for developers.

Devs tried to fix the new map in Troubleshooter as it was too easy and the new enemies didn't use all their abilities. They overshot the mark by a lot and created an extremely unfun experience.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

10 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

The Witcher 3

Trying to get all Grandmaster gear and to level 50 so I can NG+

Forgive me for being mildly racist but the Potato Slaviness of this games narrative is the only thing I don't like about it.  Everything else is Excelente.

This is one of the  greatest RPG of all time but I am also confused by comments that it is racist, can you give examples because if their is one thing that is consistent and interminable is the playing of the race card

And I often appreciate hearing what people feel is offensive because sometimes I miss things ? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela