Anime: Emotions on a Rollercoaster

Amentep

3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP

I hate to do this, but... Remember, they censored Uranus and Neptune by turning them into 'cousins', but they didn't censor or even try to explain this:

Kids don't catch the gay from pedophiles. :yes:

edit:

Whelp, and here I am, again writing essays instead of doing useful things, like watching JoJo's or Steven Universe or working, or...

What am I going to do with my life when you're all done watching Sailor Moon? 😮

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

I mean... pink overalls?

Don't pick on Rei, that's like literally *the* most memorable outfit anyone has in this entire show. I don't remember what season it is, but there's a frame of her mean-mugging probably Usagi while holding a bag and wearing them that's emblazoned in my brain.

d92vgbm-30ab68c2-0a8b-4fb6-b9a1-33204706

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

15 minutes ago, majestic said:

What am I going to do with my life when you're all done watching Sailor Moon?

Write essays about JoJo and feud with a guy like Unicorn of War who thinks the anime isn't as good because Giorno Giovanna wears a pink suit instead of blue.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

11 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Don't pick on Rei, that's like literally *the* most memorable outfit anyone has in this entire show. I don't remember what season it is, but there's a frame of her mean-mugging probably Usagi while holding a bag and wearing them that's emblazoned in my brain.

Episode 21 of Sailor Moon, the one with the anime studios, where the girls call her out on being a hypocrite after saying anime is for kids and then totally going to check out the studio anyway.

Eh... also one of the more hilarious scenes from the DiC dub:

She sure wears these overalls a lot. Like for three seasons. :p

4 minutes ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

Write essays about JoJo and feud with a guy like Unicorn of War who thinks the anime isn't as good because Giorno Giovanna wears a pink suit instead of blue.

Sounds like a plan.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

That's the one! There's probably some turbo-nerd out there that's made a list of all the outfits everyone has had over the series - there always is.

• Haha 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I'd also never pick on Rei. Or any of the other girls. They're my friends and I love them. :)

1 minute ago, Bartimaeus said:

That's the one! There's probably some turbo-nerd out there that's made a list of all the outfits everyone has had over the series - there always is.

Quick googling reveals that the pink overalls are Rei's third most worn outfit. Not sure if there's a list somewhere, but that sure sounds like it.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Episodes 180 and 181

Spoiler

Haruka catches Michiru asking Seyia to undress her. Haruka didn’t like it. At all. 🤣

Usagi asked “What is this?” when the conductor was changing into a zombie. Hasn’t she learned it yet? Shouldn’t she be starting her attack and end this straight away?

Sailor Moon was going to shake Sailor Star Fighter’s hand, but Haruka decided to show her definition of (World) Shaking.:bat:

Wait, is Haruka being overprotective of Usagi?🤔

Haruka-Usagi.png

The funeral march on Iron Mouse’s phone. It was funny, but I'll miss her. She did look like a mouse.:lol:

Sailor Galaxia better be powerful. Why did she leave after dealing with Sailor Iron Mouse? It looked like arrogance, but maybe she couldn't handle them.

• Hmmm 1

sign.jpg

Sailor Moon 158.

OK then. Ummm Pedosus is actually Helios and is a preteen boy. I wonder why they didn't lead with that instead of making it appear Chibi-Usa was being pursued by an adult man disguised as a horse. Did they want to maximize creepiness until the tail end or you know whatever, I don't care and I'm not going to try to understand. Pegasus showed he wouldn't be interested in Chibi-Usa if she hit puberty and he's probably like 9000 years or something.

Regardless, Pedosus still has behavior that screams grooming and abuse even if we ignore his pedophilia. Like in the last episode he disappears when Chibi-Usa did something he didn't like, and in this one he doubles down and says he will leave if Chibi-Usa doesn't give up her dream. And he is painted in the right because if Chibi-Usa dared to have her dream, it would kill him. My fiance said it hit pretty much every note for an abusive **** who guilts people into staying with them. Small favors Pedosus goes to the glue factory after the season ends.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 3/23/2021 at 11:18 PM, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Don't delete the slashfic, finish it and post it with names changed slightly for denial.

So, some thoughts on this. I'll put it in spoiler tags not for spoilering, but so that reading it is optional. No, it's not the actual fiction and I will also outline how I even came to think about it, why it's never going to be finished and just how far along I really was... and this is really less to let you guys know about but to get it out of my head, although I wouldn't mind some feedback - just on the general concept and my reason(s) for discarding it.

TL;DR: I think I can lay this to rest now in my mind. I hate my brain.

edit: Never mind, that's way too problematic to leave here. @Bartimaeus, @ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP if you're interested, I'll PM you the details. Let me know!

Edited by majestic
  • Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, majestic said:

So, some thoughts on this. I'll put it in spoiler tags not for spoilering, but so that reading it is optional. No, it's not the actual fiction and I will also outline how I even came to think about it, why it's never going to be finished and just how far along I really was... and this is really less to let you guys know about but to get it out of my head, although I wouldn't mind some feedback - just on the general concept and my reason(s) for discarding it.

TL;DR: I think I can lay this to rest now in my mind. I hate my brain.

edit: Never mind, that's way too problematic to leave here. @Bartimaeus, @ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP if you're interested, I'll PM you the details. Let me know!

Now I gotta have the deets on this ****.

11 minutes ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

Now I gotta have the deets on this ****.

I was hoping you'd say that. PM sent. Enjoy. Or, more likely, not... heh.

edit: With ideas like that, maybe I should apply to the SuperS revival writing team, we could come up with an even more disturbing Pedosus.

Edited by majestic
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

38 minutes ago, majestic said:

I was hoping you'd say that. PM sent. Enjoy. Or, more likely, not... heh.

edit: With ideas like that, maybe I should apply to the SuperS revival writing team, we could come up with an even more disturbing Pedosus.

Pedosus brought the Amazon Trio to his forest so he could play most dangerous game but with rape

• Gasp! 1

On one hand, I'd hate to leave someone hanging without checking out what they made.

On the other hand, there's absolutely no possible way I'd actually enjoy whatever monstrosity it is that you made.

Tough call.

4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

On one hand, I'd hate to leave someone hanging without checking out what they made.

On the other hand, there's absolutely no possible way I'd actually enjoy whatever monstrosity it is that you made.

Tough call.

KP already read it and thought it was too harmless given the people involved.

Started the story stuff of SuperS yet? :)

VERY WELL, SEND IT OVER...but don't be surprised if it fries my brain or if I have to move to a different country

Just watched episode 34. For a story episode, it was...well, besides the melodrama, pretty decent! Huh. Some good imagery and some funner bits in between the Chibi-Usa/Pegasus 'conversation' and the BIG REVEAL (lol) towards the end.

• Gasp! 1

16 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

VERY WELL, SEND IT OVER...but don't be surprised if it fries my brain or if I have to move to a different country

Just watched episode 34. For a story episode, it was...well, besides the melodrama, pretty decent! Huh. Some good imagery and some funner bits in between the Chibi-Usa/Pegasus 'conversation' and the BIG REVEAL (lol) towards the end.

Okay. Done. Pls don't hate on me. :)

Anyway, yeah, I think I mentioned that in my write up, of which there is only one, the ending wouldn't be half bad if not attached to that season of horrors. For a Sailor Moon season end, I mean.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP

I hate to do this, but... Remember, they censored Uranus and Neptune by turning them into 'cousins', but they didn't censor or even try to explain this:

Hide contents

What the hell. lol. This is so ... oh god.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

7 minutes ago, Lexx said:

That's not nearly the worst it gets.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

That's not nearly the worst it gets.

Indeed, that's somewhat harmless, especially because at the point it happens you're much more distracted by the rape gang that's marauding the streets of Tokyo and you could possibly assume that their interactions are more innocent than they appear, even if a weird horse with wings installing a video camera system in a 9 year old's bedroom is a tad strange.

25 minutes ago, Lexx said:

But anyway, watching every other season of Sailor Moon is still worth it. :yes: You can skip SuperS entirely. Mostly. You'll probably not understand a single scene in the Stars filler arc, but hey, who cares about that.

In the new English dub, Chibi-Usa (wisely) mentions that she's going to get ready for bed right before, so at least you have a little context to help prepare you. In the original English dub, it's written so suddenly and awkwardly that without actually seeing the next part, well...you get that.

Episode 162

Spoiler

lmao, somehow I didn't even spend a moment thinking about where or what the Golden Crystal was even though it's been said over and over that Helios is the key to its location...and I while I did think about the fact that this stupid horse is called a "pegasus" instead of an "alicorn" as it should be, I didn't put two and two together :facepalm:

Usagi: Why didn't you tell us about all of this sooner?
Helios: I asked her not to.
Cannot help but notice a pattern of boys being helplessly retarded when the main story demands it.

Chibi-Usa: If only I was the person who was able to release the power of the Golden Crystal...
Did...we actually test this at some point? I don't remember if so. I probably skipped past it if it happened.

THEY'VE ALL HAD DREAMS OF PEGASUS SINCE THEY WERE KIDS!?

• Gasp! 1

Yeah... yeah. Why would this be any different than the rest of SuperS? :p

I think I forgot to mention that part of this dumpster fire somewhere. *checks* Yep, I did. Man. Sorry.

Anyway, Steven Universe

Spoiler

Or rather, Garnet's Universe. This was an episode where the 10 minute format worked to smooth things out. I don't think a full 20 minute episode would have been able to be carried by the idea, funny as it was. I liked the references. :)

edit:

More SU:

Spoiler

It's full of seeds had me laughing hard. 😄

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

That first episode was basically "we want to make a billion DBZ references, how do we do that without breaking our universe...oh, by setting it in a DIFFERENT universe, OBVIOUSLY!".

Well, you're past the group of weirder episodes I mentioned, :).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, you're past the group of weirder episodes I mentioned, :).

Well, then I got something to look forward to, at least once I wake up. Planning on turning in before midnight for a change. I'm kinda tired... and really hungry. I'm liable to break my fasting if I stay up any longer. Meh. :p

• Gasp! 2