Funny Stuff: Revenge of the Funny

Amentep

4ebdmqzf1x761.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

FB_IMG_16173600148355669.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Doing on-line food shop. When I type Magnum I get offered ice cream or 1.5L of Verve Clicquot. This has radically complicated my dessert choice.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

a1d7x9au1mq61.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

36 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

qBQR9I4xcoQLXRvdyEeWYOIAoA9QjvvW.png

That is goddamn right

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• Haha 6

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

No, leftist

Either way, the cars are now outfitted with seat belts, airbags, collision detection, signalling devices, and a crumple frame to minimize deaths. It's the same logic as eliminating automatic weapons.

• Like 5

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

7 hours ago, rjshae said:

Either way, the cars are now outfitted with seat belts, airbags, collision detection, signalling devices, and a crumple frame to minimize deaths. It's the same logic as eliminating automatic weapons.

i was thinking one thing about USA. people there are ok with laws that say "wear a seatbelt" which is an actual restrictive law since the seatbelt protects only you (it does nothing for the safety of others)  and it should be  your choice if you want to protect your life or not, but are not ok with gun laws that are meant to protect others from you mishandling a weapon.

but the whole system there is backwards. lets take obesity for example. in USA it is caused by the extreme consumption of sugar and what does the government there do? instead of going to the source and impose limits on how much sugar they are allowed to put in, lets say, coca cola, it goes to the people and has them pay a sugar tax for drinking coca cola... because coca cola is a campaign sponsor and thus should remain in the gray area where the law does not apply

something like this

Xxhx8N6.png

Edited by teknoman2
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

-Teknoman2-

2 hours ago, teknoman2 said:

i was thinking one thing about USA. people there are ok with laws that say "wear a seatbelt" which is an actual restrictive law since the seatbelt protects only you (it does nothing for the safety of others)  and it should be  your choice if you want to protect your life or not, but are not ok with gun laws that are meant to protect others from you mishandling a weapon.

Except it's also to stop you from becoming this;

(NSFW)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

10 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Automatic weapons are heavily regulated but I get your meaning. I was just being silly.

What we need is bullet control.

• Haha 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Except it's also to stop you from becoming this;

(NSFW)

Reveal hidden contents

yes but as i said, the belt would have protected these people from themselves but not others from them driving like maniacs. if i were to run someone over with my car, me wearing a seat belt would not help him in any way

to put it in meme form

protecting me from myself law 👍

protecting others from me law 👎

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

31 minutes ago, teknoman2 said:

yes but as i said, the belt would have protected these people from themselves but not others from them driving like maniacs. if i were to run someone over with my car, me wearing a seat belt would not help him in any way

to put it in meme form

protecting me from myself law 👍

protecting others from me law 👎

You must hate drivers licences aswell then. And all other forms of licences to. They're meant to protect others from you.

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

You must hate drivers licences aswell then. And all other forms of licences to. They're meant to protect others from you.

you didn't pay attention. i'm comparing the laws on cars with the laws on guns in USA and how many americans view it as ok to have laws that protect them from themselves but not laws that protect others from them.

-Teknoman2-

2 hours ago, teknoman2 said:

you didn't pay attention. i'm comparing the laws on cars with the laws on guns in USA and how many americans view it as ok to have laws that protect them from themselves but not laws that protect others from them.

Oh, right, sorry, been inebriated most of the day 😅

• Like 2