Funny Stuff: Revenge of the Funny

Amentep

34 minutes ago, Elerond said:

Persians, Arabs (including Syrians) are considered white in US

They cannot use their MENA heritage and are instead bundled with whites? 😯 Well it seems US is racist then. 

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Serious question; how do you prove that you "are not a maniac" and do other countries include a "sanity test" of some sort before selling guns to people? I mean, we already have age, criminal record background checks and a "cooling off period", but how do you determine if someone "is a maniac"?

Also, how many times is too many to put "words in quotes"?

Personally I think you should have to take the same test before voting. And before buying property. And before not being prosecuted for the same crime twice. And for writing a letter to the newspaper editor. And before calling your congressman. I bet they would really like that one. I mean if we have to start taking a test before enjoying a basic right why settle for just one right?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

never mind this belongs in the politics thread. It ain't funny!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

44 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

You forgot the most important one of all, people should be tested before being allowed access to social media! :lol:

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Turns out, social media is the test. People getting canned because of something they posted a decade ago.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

never mind

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

We cannot agree on reasonable curbs because we are not dealing with reasonable reasonable opposition.

Funny, they'd say the same thing about you.

Had forgotten all about Sinfest, still going

2020-06-22.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Serious question; how do you prove that you "are not a maniac" and do other countries include a "sanity test" of some sort before selling guns to people? I mean, we already have age, criminal record background checks and a "cooling off period", but how do you determine if someone "is a maniac"?

Eventually there will be an algorithm that can determine that with some degree of success.

sign.jpg

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Just ask them how they think Biden and the Democrats managed to steal the 2020 election? If they go ape-sh*t crazy in either direction, you quietly lock up the gun cabinet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

5 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

here's how they do it here. you apply for a license, you take a test issued by the police to prove you know the safety procedures and operation (here, most know that stuff because there is obligatory army service) and a strict psychological evaluation to prove you are not crazy. the license needs to be renewed every 3 years with a repeat of the psychological evaluation. mostly the hunters apply for such license though because gun ownership is not in our culture.

this is what you would need in USA. just a psychological evaluation every few years to make sure the gun owner is mentally well and you could reduce the chance to have random mass shootings. your right to have guns should not be put in front of other people's right to live so it would be good to keep that right reserved for those who won't misuse it.

• Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

In South Africa the Halaal Consumer Council has been given the legal right to change how Hot Cross Buns are produced within specific  communities, they removing the cross and using a moon and star instead. They will be  called "Talibuns " 

:p

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

yw3ahmdly2j61.jpg

• Haha 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.