Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, first of all, forgive my English, it's a little basic and I may not be understood well at all xD

Currently there are no current builds post patch, I was having doubts with a SOLO build in POTD, but also with missions.

For example, the random missions in Caed Nua require companions to be able to do them, if you are doing a SOLO, would it be legal to take companions for those missions, or does doing a SOLO imply not doing those random missions?

And the guards you can hire in Caed Nua (8 in total), do people playing a SOLO hire guards to get help in the random fights in Caed Nua? or doing a SOLO legally you should not hire guard help for those random fights?

------------------------

On the subject of the builds, is it viable nowadays with the last patches that were released some time ago, a solo build for example with rogue? cipher? druid? or would it be better to choose stronger classes like paladin, fighter, etc?

I don't use other people's builds, but I like to get ideas, so I don't know if I could get some advice from an expert in the game who knows well how it currently works in its latest version, to make a decent build.

Edited by davoker
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, davoker said:

the random missions in Caed Nua require companions to be able to do them, if you are doing a SOLO, would it be legal to take companions for those missions, or does doing a SOLO imply not doing those random missions?

When you want the solo achievement you are not allowed to take any companions or adventurers - so you can't do those stronghold missions.

14 minutes ago, davoker said:

And the guards you can hire in Caed Nua (8 in total), do people playing a SOLO hire guards to get help in the random fights in Caed Nua? or doing a SOLO legally you should not hire guard help for those random fights?

You are allowed to emply those hirelings in a solo game, no problem. They help with defense against raids. Solo only means you are not allowed to use party members at any time. THose hirelings for the stronghold are not party members. But they cannot go on mission either. 

14 minutes ago, davoker said:

On the subject of the builds, is it viable nowadays with the last patches that were released some time ago, a solo build for example with rogue? cipher? druid? or would it be better to choose stronger classes like paladin, fighter, etc?

Cipher and Druid are stronger than Rogue or Fighter. All casters are potentially stronger than the pure martial classes. But all of them can solo the game on PotD. Paladin is maybe the most safe way because you can raise the passive defenses so high that the chance of dying is quite low even wen you don't know 100% what you are doing. However, it's also a slow grind. Chanter and Cipher can be a good mix of safe but not too slow. Wizard, too. 

 

 

 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

When you want the solo achievement you are not allowed to take any companions or adventurers - so you can't do those stronghold missions.

You are allowed to emply those hirelings in a solo game, no problem. They help with defense against raids. Solo only means you are not allowed to use party members at any time. THose hirelings for the stronghold are not party members. But they cannot go on mission either. 

Cipher and Druid are stronger than Rogue or Fighter. All casters are potentially stronger than the pure martial classes. But all of them can solo the game on PotD. Paladin is maybe the most safe way because you can raise the passive defenses so high that the chance of dying is quite low even wen you don't know 100% what you are doing. However, it's also a slow grind. Chanter and Cipher can be a good mix of safe but not too slow. Wizard, too. 

 

 

 

The min/max in build I avoid them? I have experience in "hard" difficulty, and I usually use min/max buidls, but in POTD I know that everything changes a lot.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can still use min/max builds. Depends on what is min/maxed. ;)

Glasscannons need to lure and kite a lot though. 

  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, Boeroer said:

 

Paladin is maybe the most safe way because you can raise the passive defenses so high that the chance of dying is quite low even wen you don't know 100% what you are doing. However, it's also a slow grind. 

 

 

 

Paladin is only slow till you get Sacred Immolation.

If you have the raw dmg dagger for dragons, SI will take care of everything else quite quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yeah ok - but until then it's pretty damn awful. Drawn in Spring or not. :)

Yes true, but its very easy to get to SI without having to fight hordes of enemies.

You could even spam scrolls till then if you REALLY hated how slow fights are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A friend of mine just did a solo with a monk, even though she did it on "hard", not POTD, it seems to have been quite easy according to what she told me.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shiisuii/video/127664978

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shiisuii/video/127539363

Adra dragon and alpine, ok, she's on hard difficulty, not POTD, but according to her it's turning out to be a cakewalk, nothing kills her, is the monk that strong? it seems like he's both tanke and DPS at the same time xD

__________________________________

One thing that bothers me, is that in POTD, in a solo, you can't play normal, that is, you have to avoid many fights, it makes you feel like a coward, I love the challenge, and playing avoiding fights is not something that excites me, I guess there is no choice, otherwise it's impossible no?

I always played on hard, now I was playing on POTD with a group of 6, this difficulty is new to me, it has nothing to do with hard, even the dumbest enemies can give you problems xD

If in a group of 6 I'm giving my all, to do a SOLO I would have no choice but to avoid combat, look for equipment by going stealth and do missions that give experience without too much danger, and discover areas, which also gives experience.

On the other hand, a solo on hard seems more fun, you don't need to avoid so much combat, if you go up 3 or 4 levels it is possible to do the fights that you find, with the help of summons (figurines) of course.

Edited by davoker
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, davoker said:

A friend of mine just did a solo with a monk, even though she did it on "hard", not POTD, it seems to have been quite easy according to what she told me.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shiisuii/video/127664978

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shiisuii/video/127539363

Adra dragon and alpine, ok, she's on hard difficulty, not POTD, but according to her it's turning out to be a cakewalk, nothing kills her, is the monk that strong? it seems like he's both tanke and DPS at the same time xD

__________________________________

One thing that bothers me, is that in POTD, in a solo, you can't play normal, that is, you have to avoid many fights, it makes you feel like a coward, I love the challenge, and playing avoiding fights is not something that excites me, I guess there is no choice, otherwise it's impossible no?

I always played on hard, now I was playing on POTD with a group of 6, this difficulty is new to me, it has nothing to do with hard, even the dumbest enemies can give you problems xD

If in a group of 6 I'm giving my all, to do a SOLO I would have no choice but to avoid combat, look for equipment by going stealth and do missions that give experience without too much danger, and discover areas, which also gives experience.

On the other hand, a solo on hard seems more fun, you don't need to avoid so much combat, if you go up 3 or 4 levels it is possible to do the fights that you find, with the help of summons (figurines) of course.

Monk is nice, but not even close to the strongest classes chanter, priest and wizard.

chanter and wizard never need to avoid fights even early, priest only needs to super early but comes online very fast.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/8/2021 at 12:10 AM, Raven Darkholme said:

Monk is nice, but not even close to the strongest classes chanter, priest and wizard.

chanter and wizard never need to avoid fights even early, priest only needs to super early but comes online very fast.

And the druid? would he be one of those strong classes for a solo in POTD without skipping combats? or would he have to skip combats at the beginning like other classes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, davoker said:

And the druid? would he be one of those strong classes for a solo in POTD without skipping combats? or would he have to skip combats at the beginning like other classes?

Ye druid is very strong early too, at least the shifter is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Druid is great too. While shifted a druid with Avenging Storm can deal more single target damage than a rogue - and still has all the spells at his disposal. 

Even his best summoned weapon (Rot Skulls) is great. And who hasn't met some Ogre Druids and was so annoyed and decimated by Plague of Insects? ;) 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought you can't help Azzuro without partners, but you can, I'm sure someone here told me that if you don't have partners you can't help him xD

It was a surprise, as I thought you couldn't, now I have him selling me items, there is little interesting for my wizard, but good 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 7:58 PM, davoker said:

I thought you can't help Azzuro without partners, but you can, I'm sure someone here told me that if you don't have partners you can't help him xD

It was a surprise, as I thought you couldn't, now I have him selling me items, there is little interesting for my wizard, but good 😅

There is a difference between hireling/companion quests in your stronghold and Azurro.

The items from the stronghold quest are much better than Azurro items (or at least some of them) so it's kind of a shame you can't get them solo, while the Azurro items are kinda nice but not that great for most classes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

There is a difference between hireling/companion quests in your stronghold and Azurro.

The items from the stronghold quest are much better than Azurro items (or at least some of them) so it's kind of a shame you can't get them solo, while the Azurro items are kinda nice but not that great for most classes.

Yes, it would be very easy to take companions and leave them in the fortress, taking missions hehe but if I want to make a solo "legal" those items can not get them, it is a pity that there is such a limitation, is to complicate a little more the challenge of the solo xD

I'm still soloing, I've been trying several builds, I don't like to reset stats in the taverns, so each build requires a new game, and it takes a long time, because at least it goes up to level 11 with each build I try, minimum.

So I'm still trying to finish it, I think I've managed to make a build with which I feel comfortable, level 11 currently and already in act 3 (mage), with each restart I've had trying builds, I've been getting better than in the previous game, right now I'm able to clear any map until act 3 with 2 or 3 rests, at most 3, for me is already an achievement 😅 (POTD, of course).

Edited by davoker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...