Good day! I'm new to this game and so far is having a blast. I have a problem in enchanting however. You see I want to enchant my Sanguine Plate for my Melee Wizard MC but since the options are limited(5/14 enchantment slots) I would like to know what are the best enchantments for it? As I would like to use this badass looking armor til the end. Thank you for answering! 

Upping the quality only costs 2 points because the former quality get removed first and the the new one applied. So for example upgrading from exceptional to superb costs -4+6 = 2 slots.
Since Sanguine Plate is weak against shock damage like all plate armor one might think Shock Proof is the wqay to go. But unfortunately the plate's -50% DR penalty for shock is substracted after Shock Proof +2 DR gets applied - so in the end you would onyl add 1 DR but pay for 2. Maybe pick crush. Lots of late game enemies deal crush damage. If you want an attribute bonus then pick one that is not already covered by another item (because they won't stack). Durgan Steel (White March DLC) does not take up any of those slots by the way. It can always be applied. With the White March DLC the max enchantment slots grows from 14 to 16.

I don't know from the top of my head if Legendary quality, Crush Proofed and a +2 attribute bonus all will fit, but if not it's no big dead to leave it at Superb. In the late game +2 DR hardly make any difference. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Correct me if I am wrong so armors will have extra +2 enchantment slots if you durganized them? Btw thank you for the builds. I'm loving your guides especially your Bilestomper one(and the  ice variant). Also since I'm conversing with you. How would you tweak my Wizard so that it'll become a Melee One(I'm currently following your Bilestomper build but Ice Variant)? 

Edited by Fedorow
Typo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fedorow said:

armors will have extra +2 enchantment slots if you durganized them?

Nope. All enchantable items (so weapons and armor) will get +2 enchantment slots as soon as you play with the White March expansions (maybe it only happens once you install WMII, don't remember 100%). That's because your character level can now be 16 and there's this new quality "legendary" (and even "mythic" - but you can't enchant that yourself). Would be kind of lame if you got all that but couldn't enchant your items with it because they're full. So Obsidian raised the slots a but to make room for legendary enchantment and so that your beloved items might not fall behind the new content.

Durgan Steel simply costs no enchantment slots. You can apply it even if the weapon/armor is already full with enchantments. But you need to find and then refine Durgan Steel bars/ingots- so it's quite limited how many items you can treat with it.

Edited by Boeroer

12 hours ago, Fedorow said:

Also since I'm conversing with you. How would you tweak my Wizard so that it'll become a Melee One(I'm currently following your Bilestomper build but Ice Variant)? 

I don't know how your Wizard looks like but there's not that much you can do. Depends on the role the Wizard should fulfill: is he supposed to be a tanky fronliner (Bilestomper) or more like a flanking dps powerhouse (using Citzal's Spirit Lance etc.). Besides the gear that helps you with that role you pick up special items that give you some melee-ish stuff like Gridle of the Driving Wave (Knockdown) and pick up Veteran's Recovery and Runner's Wounding Shot to make your playstyle a bit more interesting. 

If you want to make a Bilstomer like Wizard who can shower himself and enemies with ice spells I would pick a Pale Elf, pile up DR and defenses against the ice spells (mostly Fortitude and Reflex I would guess), pick up Rymrgand's Mantle if you can get it (it's a random item in some chests) and you might want to use the Crossed Patch (from stronghold adventure iirc?) as headgear becausee it makes you immune to blind - and this will make it great if you stand in your own Chillfogs.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Nope. All enchantable items (so weapons and armor) will get +2 enchantment slots as soon as you play with the White March expansions (maybe it only happens once you install WMII, don't remember 100%). That's because your character level can now be 16 and there's this new quality "legendary" (and even "mythic" - but you can't enchant that yourself). Would be kind of lame if you got all that but couldn't enchant your items with it because they're full. So Obsidian raised the slots a but to make room for legendary enchantment and so that your beloved items might not fall behind the new content.

Durgan Steel simply costs no enchantment slots. You can apply it even if the weapon/armor is already full with enchantments. But you need to find and then refine Durgan Steel bars/ingots- so it's quite limited how many items you can treat with it.

That's weird. I currently have /14 in enchantment slots. Both WM 1 and 2 are installed. I am currently on Stalwart Village and in the middle of finishing Act 2. Maybe I need to start White March 2 before the extra +2 slots will unlock?

My Wizard's stats are

Name : Gilgamesh

Level 6

Mig 21

Con 17

Dex 5

Per 10

Int 16

Res 10

Talents:

Arcane Veil

Secret's of Rime

Hardened Veil

I only spam Chill Fog but sometimes I buff myself with DAOM, Infused Vital Essence,Merciless Gaze, Llengrath's Displaced Image  and Arcane Veil when fight gets tough then proceed to spam chill fog and arcane assault. What I want is to be an epic tanky frontline melee mage that obliterates my enemies.

Please help me with my build pls. 

That's weird. I currently have /14 in enchantment slots both WM 1 and 2 are installed. I am currently on Stalwart Village and in the middle of finishing Act 2. Maybe I need to start White March 2 before the extra +2 slots will unlock?

My Wizard's stats are

Name : Gilgamesh

Level 6

Mig 21

Con 17

Dex 5

Per 10

Int 16

Res 10

Talents:

Arcane Veil

Secret's of Rime

Hardened Veil

I only spam Chill Fog but sometimes I buff myself with DAOM, Infused Vital Essence,Merciless Gaze, Llengrath's Displaced Image  and Arcane Veil when fight gets tough then proceed to spam chill fog and arcane assault. What I want is to be an epic tanky frontline melee mage that obliterates my enemies.

Please help me with my build. Thank you!

Maybe the 14 points are already the higher value and it was 12 before...? Can't rermember. Sorry, it's been a very long time since I played PoE and a lot of details start to become fuzzy. :)

If you want to obliterate your enemies with weapons I would recommend Citzal's Spirit Lance, Weapon Focus, Two Handed Style, Veteran's Recovery, Apprentice's Sneak Attack, Savage Attack etc. You self buffs should make you tanky enough at some point. Use Chillfog + Combusting Wounds on enemies and poke them with the Lance at high speed (Alacrity + Gauntlets of Swift Action). I would then switch to padded armor (Angio's Gambeson, +durgan steel) or robes (Raiment of Wael's Eyes, no durgan steel needed) and use Spirit Shield/Iron Skin for DR. That way you can attack superfast with no recovery and that will totally obliterate enemies. I personally would then use lower CON (10 enough) and put more into INT, PER and DEX. With lots of PER the chance to also interrupt enemies with the AoE attack of the lance is much higher. Add Interrupting Blows if you wish - and your priest should cast Champion's Boon on you. 

Sanguine Plate is cool - but later in the game the DR is not that important and Frenzy doesn't stack with Alacrity.

If you want to tank and cast enemies to death I would aim for Kalakoth's Freezing Rake and such. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Maybe the 14 points are already the higher value and it was 12 before...? Can't rermember. Sorry, it's been a very long time since I played PoE and a lot of details start to become fuzzy. :)

If you want to obliterate your enemies with weapons I would recommend Citzal's Spirit Lance, Weapon Focus, Two Handed Style, Veteran's Recovery, Apprentice's Sneak Attack, Savage Attack etc. You self buffs should make you tanky enough at some point. Use Chillfog + Combusting Wounds on enemies and poke them with the Lance at high speed (Alacrity + Gauntlets of Swift Action). I would then switch to padded armor (Angio's Gambeson, +durgan steel) or robes (Raiment of Wael's Eyes, no durgan steel needed) and use Spirit Shield/Iron Skin for DR. That way you can attack superfast with no recovery and that will totally obliterate enemies. I personally would then use lower CON (10 enough) and put more into INT, PER and DEX. With lots of PER the chance to also interrupt enemies with the AoE attack of the lance is much higher. Add Interrupting Blows if you wish - and your priest should cast Champion's Boon on you. 

Sanguine Plate is cool - but later in the game the DR is not that important and Frenzy doesn't stack with Alacrity.

If you want to tank and cast enemies to death I would aim for Kalakoth's Freezing Rake and such. 

so going plate is not an option then for melee wizard then? Because I prefer the aesthetic look of Plate armors. Guess I'll go Bilestomper Ice Version.

It is an option of course. Plate is very good in the early game, ok in the mid game but just not an optimal choice for the late game. You can totally stick to plate for aesthetical reasons. You will be a bit slower then but it's not a big deal. 

• Like 1

I dont think there are any specific items that synergize with casting and even less weapons for cold damage focus. So I suppose anything can work. You can keep wodevys for nature mark on crit. Nightshoud could have been interesting but it isn't avaliable for wizards. Rimecutter is good as it comes with bonus speed and default freezing lash. But it is random stronghold item

• Like 1

Spelltongue is very good with high attack speed (Alacrity) and self buffs. Also prolongs healing over time effects (like Lay on Hands and so on). Makes a good tanking weapon if you can hit quickly. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 8:31 PM, Boeroer said:

Hello again! Could you give me a good stats for melee mage? Thank you! Also what other armor alternative for a Melee mage? I don't really like the look of the robes and gambeson for my male coastal Aumaua.  

What helmet should I get? Boy I want my mc to be good lookin. 

I really appreciate your help. 

🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

Edited by Fedorow

Maybe something like
MIG 16
CON 10
DEX 16
PER 16
INT 16
RES 04

You need to use your defensive buffs in order to not get interrupted a lot because of your bad RES and mediocre CON. A Priest with Holy Meditation also helps. Use Infuse with Vital Essence if your health is running low.

If you want a bad-ass looking melee makge there's nothing more stylish than Argwes Adra imo. Later there's also a helm for it. Both can be obtained in the mid game. If you like Sanguine Plate's look than that's also fine. The fitting helmet will also come later. 

Here's the four plate armors that have fitting helmets:
YICaHz1.jpg

White Crest (Stalwart Village), Argwes Adra (Endless Paths of Od Nua), He Carries Many Scars (Readric's Hold in Act III), Sanguine Plate (Defiance Bay)

For more inspiration about stylish gear combos in PoE check out this thread:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Maybe something like
MIG 16
CON 10
DEX 16
PER 16
INT 16
RES 04

You need to use your defensive buffs in order to not get interrupted a lot because of your bad RES and mediocre CON. A Priest with Holy Meditation also helps. Use Infuse with Vital Essence if your health is running low.

If you want a bad-ass looking melee makge there's nothing more stylish than Argwes Adra imo. Later there's also a helm for it. Both can be obtained in the mid game. If you like Sanguine Plate's look than that's also fine. The fitting helmet will also come later. 

Here's the four plate armors that have fitting helmets:
YICaHz1.jpg

White Crest (Stalwart Village), Argwes Adra (Endless Paths of Od Nua), He Carries Many Scars (Readric's Hold in Act III), Sanguine Plate (Defiance Bay)

For more inspiration about stylish gear combos in PoE check out this thread:

Thank you sir you're a really big help but since you've enlightened me on recovery speed on my melee mage I've decided to go hide armors ( I also browsed your other suggestions on other members who asked similar questions). So my question is, which is better in the longer run? Wayfarer or Blaidh Golan?

Depends on the enemies you are facing. For example Blaidh Golan is good against Ogres because they knock you prone quite often. Wayfarer's Hide is better against other enemies.

In general the Wayfarer's Hide is better.

It comes later though - so I would simply use Blaidh Golan until I get the Wayfarer's Hide. 

• Like 1