Toolsets

Should KoTOR II come with a toolset like NWN  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should KoTOR II come with a toolset like NWN

• Yes,it would make KotOR II a more appealing buy
    • No,i do not want to tamper with the game.
    • Doesn't matter

Like all of you i really liked the first KoTOR but i was disappointed that for a game with it's engine resembling NWN's no tools were ever provided for the budding modder.I believe that a release of tools with which to alter or create worlds would help build a community to match NWN's which would undoubtly add to the longevity of the game

Like all of you i really liked the first KoTOR but i was disappointed that for a game with it's engine resembling NWN's no tools were ever provided for the budding modder.I believe that a release of tools with which to alter or create worlds would help build a community to match NWN's which would undoubtly add to the longevity of the game

A tool-set release is very unlikely, it has already been said that KOTOR2 will be about as modifiable as the first one. It's up to Lucas Arts if they will even be able to release the new model specs they are using for the game. So you'll have to go up the ladder because I don't think Obsidian can make any decisions about it. ;)

At risk of starting a flame war...I thought the original content for NWN and both expansions was excellent. Particularly considering that both expansions took into account that what they added would be further modified by community builders. Like all statements on these boards...this is just another opinion, granted this one is mine :huh:

NO because it takes time from making the actual game. Loook Every fanmade mod released has never competed with the original content (excluding nwn because the original content sucked and half life)

Including a toolset probably wouldn't take too much away from the actual game, considering the developers already have the toolsets which they use. But then having to provide support for said tools afterwards and possible licensing issues (especially since it's not in their contract with Lucas Arts to provide said tools) means we wont be getting them. I would love to see them but it wont happen.