"Relocate" Option Deletes the Item to be Moved if the "Snap To" Option is Used

The new "relocate" option for non-grid entities (default F when looking at a viable item on PC) works fine if you simply pick and place the item freely; however, if you are using the "snap to grid" command (L-Ctrl by default on PC) when trying to move the item, it is deleted entirely.  I was attempting to move a bounce web and needed to orient and snap it to the grid to allow an elevator to work.  I was able to rotate, move, and place the bounce web using the free-form standard placement, but the bounce web disappears entirely when trying to place it while holding the L-Ctrl key to snap to grid.  I have tested this with other items like an acorn chest and the same issue occurs - freely placed, the item moves as intended but completely disappears when snapped to the grid.  You are able to rotate and position the item in "ghost form" without any problems, but it is lost the moment you left-click to confirm the placement while the L-Ctrl button is held.

Edited by Llylanwyn

On 2/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, Llylanwyn said:

The new "relocate" option for non-grid entities (default F when looking at a viable item on PC) works fine if you simply pick and place the item freely; however, if you are using the "snap to grid" command (L-Ctrl by default on PC) when trying to move the item, it is deleted entirely.  I was attempting to move a bounce web and needed to orient and snap it to the grid to allow an elevator to work.  I was able to rotate, move, and place the bounce web using the free-form standard placement, but the bounce web disappears entirely when trying to place it while holding the L-Ctrl key to snap to grid.  I have tested this with other items like an acorn chest and the same issue occurs - freely placed, the item moves as intended but completely disappears when snapped to the grid.  You are able to rotate and position the item in "ghost form" without any problems, but it is lost the moment you left-click to confirm the placement while the L-Ctrl button is held.

Can confirm i'm having the same issue snap gridding my water storage or bed.

Also my REPAIR TOOL doesn't repair anymore. I tried uninstalling and redownloading and even made a new character. It just won't repair. Playing on the PC btw

After doing some testing i found the the snap to grid command only works as a blueprint status.

Place your blueprints first and use the snap to grid command and then build the item. Seems to work, but it doesn't excuse the issue of snapping items already built.

I thought it was an issue with higher off the ground, but after building a single foundation and putting my stem storage on it that it deletes it.

So try using the snap to grid as a blueprint

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm sorry that you've all been experiencing this bug, and you have been losing structures after a failed move. The team is aware of this bug and hopes to have a fix out to players soon. If you are still running into this issue or any other issue, please submit a bug report through our support site and include the following information.

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this)
3. Description of issue.
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.