About the 0.7 Item Repair Patch

I was always dissatisfied with the inventory
The improved inventory was good with the 0.6 patch
However I am worried that the inventory will be narrower than before 0.6 due to item repair materials at 0.7
I cant understand the upcoming item repair patch
I wish I didn't patch the item repair

• Like 2

Agree with OP. New item repair mechanic just makes the game more annoying rather than difficult. Would rather they introduced a weapon repair kit similar to armour glue to use instead (and obviously continue the use of armour glue). Since weapons now need materials the same as their crafting gear, don't really see why quartzite should be used anymore either. 

On 2/24/2021 at 8:48 PM, Rayman615 said:

promotes more farming

Which is worse? Now more grinding out mobs to repair gear. Already had to farm quartzite, and web/berries for armour glue. Now have to lug around a bunch of different materials and constantly grinding certain bugs. I'll probably not use the bone dagger anymore now it needs sunken bone to repair. Just makes the game more repetitive rathen than add any level of difficulty.

• Like 1

I would have to agree with the posts above in that the new Repair gimmick tends to take away from the overall enjoyment of the game. Now you must have insect parts in order to repair things which any equipment used while farming insect parts would again require more part. It feels rather redundant and boring than simply the previous repair system of collecting the needed materials whilst exploring/building within the game.  

I don't mind the change, but they HAVE to allow proximity repairing so you can use nearby chests.  AFAIK they are planning to hot fix that.

I think my 2 cents would be

1. Increase all durability by 20%-40%
  2. Have a repair station that can repair weapons and armor and just uses a lot of Quartzite.  That way it's a pro-con where you don't have to worry about random ingredients, but you can't do it out in the wild and you need to make sure your Quartzite is well stocked.  Maybe also it only uses a percentage of the quartzite needed?  If full repair is 5Q, and weapon is only 20% damaged, then it just requires 1Q (?).

Edit:   Some of the repair requirements are a pain.. the Mint Mace comes to mind.

Edited by Odog
Additional thought
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 2:11 PM, Odog said:

I don't mind the change, but they HAVE to allow proximity repairing so you can use nearby chests.  AFAIK they are planning to hot fix that.

I think my 2 cents would be

1. Increase all durability by 20%-40%
  2. Have a repair station that can repair weapons and armor and just uses a lot of Quartzite.  That way it's a pro-con where you don't have to worry about random ingredients, but you can't do it out in the wild and you need to make sure your Quartzite is well stocked.  Maybe also it only uses a percentage of the quartzite needed?  If full repair is 5Q, and weapon is only 20% damaged, then it just requires 1Q (?).

Edit:   Some of the repair requirements are a pain.. the Mint Mace comes to mind.

I would be ok with both of these as this would ease the pain of stuff breaking then having more stuff break when trying to get ingredients to repair the stuff that is already broken. At current it is just a frustrating spiral of annoyance that lessens the overall enjoyment of the game from a design standpoint.  I would also make it a point to change the weevil shield requirements to perhaps it's nose since the weevil meat spoils and becomes useless after a day. Therefore making it hard to stockpile repair ingredients for said item. 

• 1 month later...