Are you in for a new Forgotten Realms adventure  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in for a new Forgotten Realms adventure

• Hell Yeah!
    • No thanks, I'am good...

On 2/22/2021 at 12:56 PM, Erwin van der Poel said:

Dear Obsidian,

Waiting for NWN 3 for such a long time, please make it happen!!!! NWN 1 and 2 where so enjoyable, great story's and characters. Or a good remaster will do for the time being :) 

In both cases I would like it to be real time with pause and not a turn based combat system.

Really had a amazing time playing Pillars 1 and 2, Tyranny and many more of your games. Hope the time comes for a new Forgotten Realms adventure soon. 

well, good news: hidden path entertainment has announced they is hiring as they is current developing an open world d&d rpg. so perhaps you get a neverwinter nights game in the near future.

hidden entertainment's most recent game release is racoon lagoon.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

• Gasp! 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hidden Path also made Defense Grid, one of the best tower defense games I've ever played.  Of course, they also made Defense Grid 2, which is kind of...meh.

Would I trust them with an open world RPG?  No.  But they have made at least one decent game in the past.

HA! @Gromnir beat me to it. The Hidden Path game was one of the two mentioned in that Geekwire article I linked here earlier. Here's another story on it with a few more details:

https://www.pcgamer.com/theres-a-big-budget-open-world-dungeons-and-dragons-game-in-development/

I'm really excited about this game. I desperately hope that third-person means it is NOT turn-based.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, kanisatha said:

Well this may be the exact dilemma with reviving that franchise. The two games were very different from one another, and for many fans they liked one or the other but not both. I for one loved 2 and hated 1. So exactly which way do you go with 3? More like 1 or more like 2?

I mean the easy answer is find out what people liked about NWN1 and NWN2 and what people disliked. Gear a game that combines the best while trying to avoid what was disliked.

• Like 3