Are you in for a new Forgotten Realms adventure  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in for a new Forgotten Realms adventure

• Hell Yeah!
    • No thanks, I'am good...

Dear Obsidian,

Waiting for NWN 3 for such a long time, please make it happen!!!! NWN 1 and 2 where so enjoyable, great story's and characters. Or a good remaster will do for the time being :) 

In both cases I would like it to be real time with pause and not a turn based combat system.

Really had a amazing time playing Pillars 1 and 2, Tyranny and many more of your games. Hope the time comes for a new Forgotten Realms adventure soon. 

Edited by Erwin van der Poel
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Erwin van der Poel said:

Hope the time comes for a new Forgotten Realms adventure soon. 

.....did you miss the reveal that Baldur's Gate 3 is happening?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 2/23/2021 at 12:43 PM, ComradeMaster said:

I'll be honest I liked NWN1 but NWN2 left something to be desired.

Well this may be the exact dilemma with reviving that franchise. The two games were very different from one another, and for many fans they liked one or the other but not both. I for one loved 2 and hated 1. So exactly which way do you go with 3? More like 1 or more like 2?

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind another (non-5E) D&D game, but they could choose a more interesting setting than the Forgotten Realms.  I'd only be really interested in a Forgotten Realms game if it was set in the Moonshaes.

But seeing as any new D&D game would almost have to be 5E...meh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

I wouldn't mind another (non-5E) D&D game, but they could choose a more interesting setting than the Forgotten Realms.  I'd only be really interested in a Forgotten Realms game if it was set in the Moonshaes.

53 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

After playing BG3 I gotta say I'm in agreement here

We'll probably see a new edition in a year or two, and I'll bet a videogame gets released around the same time or shortly after.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, looks like 5e will be getting a lot more video game attention before WotC moves on to whatever's next. WotC is now the revenue driver of Hasbro. See: https://www.geekwire.com/2021/hasbro-reorganizes-support-big-growth-dungeons-dragons-magic-gathering/

From what I can tell, The Hidden Path Entertainment game will likely be an animated game, and the OtherSide Entertainment game likely a gothic-horror game. Just as the CEO of WotC said last year, they're trying to make D&D games in a range of different genres, so the odds are, sadly, very low they will make another D&D old-school cRPG besides BG3. BG3 checks off that box, and so I don't see what different genre box a NwN3 would check off.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:02 PM, Vaeliorin said:

On 2/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, ShadySands said:

After playing BG3 I gotta say I'm in agreement here

I'd honestly much rather see Obsidian do a take on Pathfinder

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 2/25/2021 at 1:11 PM, kanisatha said:

Well this may be the exact dilemma with reviving that franchise. The two games were very different from one another, and for many fans they liked one or the other but not both. I for one loved 2 and hated 1. So exactly which way do you go with 3? More like 1 or more like 2?

See the source image

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I'd honestly much rather see Obsidian do a take on Pathfinder

The odds are pretty low for that, it was expected after they did the card game but it looks like Owlcat did it instead. And a Starfinder take would be better imo

55 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

The odds are pretty low for that, it was expected after they did the card game but it looks like Owlcat did it instead. And a Starfinder take would be better imo

Oh hell yeah, that'd be awesome!

Well, awesome would be a Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy game by Obsidian, but it's up there.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

16 hours ago, KaineParker said:

There's a lot of speculation on the Owlcat forum, based on some recent Owlcat ads for people they're looking to hire, that after WotR they are going to shift to a Starfinder game.

• Gasp! 1

On 2/25/2021 at 6:11 PM, kanisatha said:

More like 1 or more like 2?

I suppose ideally you would have a strong campaign of NWN2, with gamemaster/modding/host your own adventure toolbox of NWN1. Personally all I care for is the singleplayer campaign. And considering the OP requested it on Obsidian forum, it could lead to conclusion that NWN3 should follow NWN2 rather then NWN1. 

Personally, I care not for DnD. But I would take another cRPG campaign from Obsidian. Be it DnD, Pillars, Pathfinder, or whatever other IP they could work with. If they were still independed I would suggest Divinity: Original Sin spinoff, while Larian is busy with BG3 - in good old Obsidian tradition in making better sequel/spinoffs to existing franchases on existing engines. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I suppose ideally you would have a strong campaign of NWN2, with gamemaster/modding/host your own adventure toolbox of NWN1. Personally all I care for is the singleplayer campaign. And considering the OP requested it on Obsidian forum, it could lead to conclusion that NWN3 should follow NWN2 rather then NWN1.

I would agree with this.

No, not 2e, hard pass on that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

4th edition is severely underrated.  5th edition is like a dumbed down version of 4th edition.

It's a severly dumbed down version of a **** version, 4th edition is rated exactly where it belongs, in the trash