2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

but did we talk about the Strand of Favor/Cabalist's Gambeson/Ooblit cheese where you just equip/unequip/equip those items out of combat and buffs (which don't clear out of combat) will gain absurd durations via stacking

Can't reproduce this with Cabalist's Gambeson Arcane Extension enchantment. Any tips? Maybe we talking about one particular effect?

Edited by Phenomenum

1 hour ago, Phenomenum said:

Can't reproduce this with Cabalist's Gambeson Arcane Extension enchantment. Any tips? Maybe we talking about one particular effect?

Simplest way is to just use a drug.

Works for all out of combat effects tho, including brilliant and scordeos.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

I tried it myself with Strand of Favor - but I got told that Cabalist's Gameson with Arcane Extension also works. Hope that wasn't wrong.

It should work like so: If you have a buff with a duration that doesn't get cleared after combat ends, you enter your inventory and equip the item, unequip, equip again, unequip, equip... and so on. No need to leave the inventory screen, just keep clicking for equip/unequip and so on. After a good amount of those clicks you can leave the inventory screen and check the duration of your buff(s) which all should be pretty high now. 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

38 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

If you have a buff with a duration that doesn't get cleared after combat ends

Aha, that's the trick! Ok, i'll test it once again and see what we can do.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that I should cancel Dorudugan nerf from my mod. Potion of Enlightenment addresses the issue with this fight in a better way than nerfing its defenses. It might be more satisfying to fight the "true Dorudugan".

Or might be moved to mod "archive package"

I am against using Vithrack Brains for the potion. Unless you enjoy spamming the wait button at the herb shop/Dark Cupboard, it doesn't contribute much to the game. I guess it makes the potion less spammable if you're doing Eothas's Challenge but that's just too annoying for most normal people.

4 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

I am against using Vithrack Brains for the potion. Unless you enjoy spamming the wait button at the herb shop/Dark Cupboard, it doesn't contribute much to the game. I guess it makes the potion less spammable if you're doing Eothas's Challenge but that's just too annoying for most normal people.

But you can also buy potions directly 🙂

And you'll get a lot of them during FS which is precisely when you will need them for Megabosses

7 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

@Noqn, I think you should have all the inputs you need, but don't hesitate if you have questions or you disagree about something.

I think the best would be that you create your own mod on Nexus, then I will include the files in the next version of BPM, as we did for bashing shields.

Alright, I'll get to it!

I'll add The Dark Cupboard as another vendor on top of the ones you listed (and I'm excluding the Spindle Man).

Btw if anyone is able to provide translations for "Potion of Enlightenment" in any of Deadfire's supported languages, just tell me and I'll add that localization!

8 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Here's a quick icon for the potion:

potion_enlightenment_s.png?dl=1

😍

• Like 2

If I remember the modding tutorial for items correctly you need a 100x100 pixel version for dragging and the smaller 42x42 px version for the actual inventory.

The icons have a small invisible border - or margin: the flask does not reach the edges of the image. If that's not right then please let me know. I don't know whether the original icons for potions use the whole space or also have a small margin so I just guessed. 🤷‍♂️  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Noqn said:

Btw if anyone is able to provide translations for "Potion of Enlightenment" in any of Deadfire's supported languages, just tell me and I'll add that localization!

German: "Trank der Erleuchtung"

This is the literal translation (which works well in this case) and also fits the sun emblem. 

If you need a German translation for the decription text later just poke me! :)

• Like 1

QBCNObX.png

gOre9Ts.png

(Cost should be 1000g, dunno what's causing that...)

26 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

The icons have a small invisible border - or margin: the flask does not reach the edges of the image. If that's not right then please let me know. I don't know whether the original icons for potions use the whole space or also have a small margin so I just guessed. 🤷‍♂️  

The icons are absolutely gorgeous. Maybe the 100x100 is slightly oversized for the crafting menu, but so are most big vanilla potions, and it looks cool anyway. I think it's perfect.

24 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

German: "Trank der Erleuchtung"

Awesome, thanks again!

25 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

If you need a German translation for the decription text later just poke me! :)

Ah right, does anyone have suggestions for the description or should we roll with the auto-generated one?

• Like 4

@Noqn Yeah, looks decent enough. :)

40 minutes ago, Noqn said:

does anyone have suggestions for the description or should we roll with the auto-generated one?

Maybe:

"Distilled from the dissolved brains of Vithrack Luminaries and infused with the relentless essence of an Adra Animat, this concoction fills the user with marvellous insights and inexhaustible perseverance."

?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BH1WQ9z.png

I've implemented the vendor scripts but realized that we haven't discussed the spawn rates for when the vendors refill their inventories. What should the upper/lower bounds be? Should it have a risk of not spawning? Should all vendors have the same rates?

Not that it matters but it translates to "Upplysningsdryck" in Swedish.

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Noqn said:

BH1WQ9z.png

I've implemented the vendor scripts but realized that we haven't discussed the spawn rates for when the vendors refill their inventories. What should the upper/lower bounds be? Should it have a risk of not spawning? Should all vendors have the same rates?

Not that it matters but it translates to "Upplysningsdryck" in Swedish.

The only command I know spawn an element each time the zone is re-entered.

Therefore putting a limit is artificial. 1 repeated spawn is enough to avoid overabundance. The potion will still be relatively easy to find.

10 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

The only command I know spawn an element each time the zone is re-entered.

Through the StoreAddRegenerationList script you can add a naturally refilling Loot List to a store, which allows pretty sophisticated behavior. (Or is this what you refered to?) But yeah, 1 Potion/refill does feel like a good spot.

Edited by Noqn
  • Gasp! 1

27 minutes ago, Noqn said:

Through the StoreAddRegenerationList script you can add a naturally refilling Loot List to a store, which allows pretty sophisticated behavior. (Or is this what you refered to?) But yeah, 1 Potion/refill does feel like a good spot.

Nay I didn't know this one existed.
I guess I will have to correct my previously scripted items adding 🙂

• Like 1

I must admit, that this "potion of salvation" looks totally non-gentle and spreads crutches smell in a dozen meters AoE, but at least, it doesn't break 99% of mid-level fights. My hats off, and i'll keepin' eye on this solution. 🤓

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Noqn said:

BH1WQ9z.png

If you can find it, you should copy the spawn rate of expensive potions such as Potion of Miraculous Healing, Potion of Ascension, etc...
Lesser spawn rate isn't required.

12 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

I must admit, that this "potion of salvation" looks totally non-gentle and spreads crutches smell in a dozen meters AoE, but at least, it doesn't break 99% of mid-level fights. My hats off, and i'll keepin' eye on this solution. 🤓

Basically this is the "Megaboss nerf" I was looking for some times ago.

Even vs normal Bosses, it's probably not worth using over another expensive consumable scroll (such as dropping an additional Maelstorm vs Nemnok crowd)

More specifically, it adresses the main Megaboss fights issue for me : they make "viable" "completionist party composition possibilities too narrow, just because of a couple of fights.

Edited by Elric Galad