Hello!

I just landed a graze on a Troll with high fortitude (with Xoti ofc) and did 162 slash damage (at lvl 7). I wanted to watch the dmg calculation because 162 seemed a bit high for a mere graze. But to my astonishment there was no tooltip for the dmg roll. Blessed Harvest does more dmg the lower the enemy' health is. Is that amount calculated and then it ignores the hit quality maybe or something? I never noticed before...

blessed_harvest_huh.png?dl=1

???

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have briefly checked related StatusEffectGameData.

It looks that: as long the ability Grazes, Hits or Crits the attack applies a StatusEffect that deals (120 - 100 * target_health target_health_percentage) damage.

So the "If the enemy is Bloodied or Near Death, they will receive significantly more damage from Blessed Harvest." part of description is technically incorrect against high-hp enemies.

Edited by MaxQuest
initially incorrect info
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

So the "If the enemy is Bloodied or Near Death, they will receive significantly more damage from Blessed Harvest." part of description is technically incorrect against high-hp enemies.

****((

• Sad 1

Thanks!

But... that cannot be right. Because then a target with 1.2 health or more would receive 0 damage? 

Usually (when used at bloodied or neart death enemies) Xoti does around 150 -160 dmg. The formula above can't really explain this. Or I'm interpreting that wrong maybe.

Edited by Boeroer

"BaseValue"120,

"DynamicValue": {
          "Stat""Health",
          "SkillDataID""00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
          "ClassID""00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
          "MultiplyBy"-100,
          "Operator""Add"
 },

Sorry for misguiding you guys. I didn't initially check what exactly "Health" is, and got carried away by it's name

Health Current target health percentage from 0.0-1.0

It is actually a percentage.

So dmg = 120 - 100 * current_hp/max_hp

Edit: Noqn you ninja :)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Haha 1

Cool, thanks. 

Now... since I can't see the dmg calculation in the combat log: how do I land a 160+ dmg graze with Xoti at lvl 7 when I hit an enemy who's near death? The formula above would result in 120-100*0.25 = 95 slash. PL (4*5% = 20%) and MIG (11, so only +3%) alone do not explain that raise...?  

What am I missing?

Edited by Boeroer

45 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

What am I missing?

A helwalker troll 😁

Seriously though: hmm, aside from MIG and PL on Xoti,  the only thing that comes to mind is:

- damage bonuses on Xoti like: +3% from Baubles of the Fin, +5% Kuaru's Prize, +20% from Captain's Banquet

- damage taken increase by Troll 

Don't think that explains it.

She doesn't wear/use any of that and did land 160+ Harvests against all kinds of enemies before the troll. Even in Gorecci Str. at lvl 4 she did more than 120 dmg Harvests on near death enemies. Troll doesn't take increased slash dmg afaik. 

It's a mystery...

I'm really tempted now to give her the Willbreaker with its 25% miss-to-graze enchantment and Gauntlets of Reliability (15% miss to graze), making it easy for her to land a Body Blow against any enemy and then at least graze with Blessed Harvest. Go to the Wild Mare, grab Nemnok and have 4 Blessed Harvests per fight. :) 

Edit: maybe it scales with Religion somehow and nobody cared to inform us? ;)

Edited by Boeroer

23 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Cool, thanks. 

Now... since I can't see the dmg calculation in the combat log: how do I land a 160+ dmg graze with Xoti at lvl 7 when I hit an enemy who's near death? The formula above would result in 120-100*0.25 = 95 slash. PL (4*5% = 20%) and MIG (11, so only +3%) alone do not explain that raise...?  

What am I missing?

does it get more generous PL scaling? I know carnage gets +10% per PL instead of +5%, so perhaps it was an ability that missed the PL rebalancing or deliberately has more generous damage scaling. the order of operations might also be generous.

in your screenshot you have +3 PL based on your acc/pen bonuses; you also have 15 might at least (from devotions of the faithful). 120 * 1.3 * 1.15 => 179, and then i could see troll being further than just at near death to get around 160+

Edited by thelee

Yes, right. You are at PL 4 at lvl 7 as a SC Priest. I forgot that BH is PL1, not 0. So +3 PL seems right (not +4 as I wrote above).

Also right: 11 + Devotions (which I forgot) = 15 MIG -> 15% dmg increase.

If the dmg bonuses get applied to the "base" dmg of 120 before the 100*health_percentage gets substracted then it may indeed explain the numbers.

Cool - I guess this is not too far off. 

Hm... a graze will do the same dmg as a hit and I assume (since there's no graze malus to dmg) there's no crit bonus either. Now I haven't tested if dmg malus/bonus from under-/overpenetration will get applied. If not it would be like doing raw dmg. Needs more testing obviously.

I really dig this spell. It goes so well with the Gaun lore. I get a kick out of harvesting the souls of people who've tried to cheat death. Xoti has finished off death knights, a vampire lord, an undead dragon, the Beast of Winter, Concelhaut, the list goes on... I imagine they all got sucked into her lamp.

• Like 1