Star Wars "Darth" naming convention.

Dr. Lobotomy

In the original trilogy, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious seemed to have gotten their names by taking away the "in-" syllable from words.

But afterwards books, comics, games and the newer trilogy didn't follow that at all unfortunately. With Darth Tyrannosaurus(whatever Dooku was) and other fruity names floating around, did Lucas forget his convention or was there no such thing?

Personnally, I believe Darth Visible and Darth Solent would have kicked ass.

hehehe

But afterwards books, comics, games and the newer trilogy didn't follow that at all unfortunately. With Darth Tyrannosaurus(whatever Dooku was) and other fruity names floating around, did Lucas forget his convention or was there no such thing?

In the original triology we had Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, only one Darth that Anakin Skywalker.

It was with the prequels that George Lucas (Darth Flannel) make the whole "Darth" title thing so ... there was no convention to start with.

drakron.png

How about Darth Darth Binx?

"Meesa be thinkin' yousa goin' ta die! Don't yousa be undiestimatin' the dark side."

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

STOP!

STOP!

STOP!

if anyone in lucasfilm likes the fans, he will create an extra level in one of the games that allows you to shoot, hang and burn this annoying creature!

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

There are so many IN* words to choose from and this isn't even begining to scratch the surface :blink:

Darth Cipient

Darth Clement

Darth Souciant

Darth Nocuous

Darth Congruous

Darth Dolent

Darth Transigent

Darth Eluctable <-Favorite

Darth Choate

...many "Darth's" there be, but there be only one:

DARK HELMET

:blink:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

What was Lucas thinking when he came up with Count Dooku...Count Dracula...what the hell?

It's a nod to the fact that Lucas chose Christopher Lee, whose most well known part he played was Count Dracula, to play the character.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll repeat now what I wrote in another topic:

This system (one master-one apprentice)appeared after Ruusan battle 1000 years before Skywalker when Darth Bane reformed sith traditions. Title "Darth" which was Bane's name also is used among the sith who exist AFTER Ruusan Era NEVER before, becouse this title was kind of a ceremonial respect toward the foundator and reformer of the Sith - Darth Bane (and so we have Darth Imperius, Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader and many others) What was really pathetic in KOTOR was that idiots from Bioware used the title Darth which shouldn't appear at all in this time period. It only shows us how weak knowledge about EU have developers of original KOTOR (not to mention about other flaws).

The title Darth is characteristic after Ruusan. Never before. Sources say so...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.