new player with some questions on builds

On 3/23/2021 at 5:17 PM, Boeroer said:

Only direct shock damage will increase. That includes:

• Lashes like Wildstrike Shock or a shocking lash on any weapon (melee or ranged doesn't matter). For example a 25% lash will increase by 20% which means 25% * 1.2 = 30% lash.
  • spells like Relentless Storm, Nature's Terror, Jolting Touch etc. They simply do +20% dmg (base dmg + base dmg * 0.2).
  • weapons that have shock as primary damage type. I only weapon like that is Stormcaller iirc. It doesn't matter what the second damage type is, the weapon will always do +20% damage even it it does pierce damage: base dmg + base dmg * 0.2.

DoTs wouldn't increase (in cas of Scion of Flame: Dragon THrashed will not profit). I know no shocking DoT though.

similar question:

in which way will  The Dragon Thrashed, The Dragon Wailed be affected by Scion of Flame?

As you quoted me (see the last paragraph):

DoTs wouldn't increase (in case of Scion of Flame: Dragon Thrashed will not profit).

In other words: The Dragon Thrashed, The Dragon Wailed is not affected by Scion of Flame at all. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Everything. It's universal. It also stacks with all other speed buffs which makes those gauntlets very desirable/valuable.

nice...

as I didn't find anything so far - is there any in-game-value that gives you the overall "speed"?

...or how do you calculate this value?

If I upgrade "Little Savior" to legendary and duplicate it with Helwax Mold - does the duplicated "Little Savior" keep "legendary"?

EDIT: could test this myself, but didn't have a bog-dragon scale yet.

Edited by demon72

The item you clone with the Helwax Mold will be an exact copy of the one you put in. If you put a legendary Little Savior into it you will have two legendary Little Saviors. So it's best to enchant your stuff as much as possible before cloning it.

There is no easy way to calculate/view the attack speed in the game but you can use this tool (it works very well): https://naijaro.github.io/poe-speed-calculator/

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I cast...

• Citzal's Spirit Lance (for my Wizard)
  • Firebrand (for my Cypher)

...in almost every more serious battle as main weapon.

...both are great, no question, but are there any weapons you would consider as better or at least equal for them?

Citzal's Spirit Lance is very good. Don't think you can do better as Wizard.

In the late game a fully enchanted two haded melee weapon with a lash and durgan steel can outperform Firebrand despite its high base damage. Tidefall for example does more dps - but its wounding doesn't generate focus... Hours of St. Rumbalt also works well. If you stack a whole lot of dmg bonuses Firebrand will be good for a long time - just because its enormous base damage works very well with dmg bonuses. But its ACC and speed will be rel. bad compared to fully enchanted stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

...is "belted loop" as good as it looks?

Especially as it seems, that it doesn't even stack with any other items?

But I'm not sure how good the +20 against all afflictions really is?

As I'm thinking about choosing the "belted loop" for the "hellwax mold" instead of "little savior" - what would be your recommendation?

EDIT: 

although there is really no need to make the party even stronger - I would just be interested to know what the optimum would be.

Edited by demon72

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 8:20 PM, Boeroer said:

In other words: The Dragon Thrashed, The Dragon Wailed is not affected by Scion of Flame at all. 

same thing for "Scion of Flame" and "Sacred Immolation" I guess?

This is different. Sacred Immolation emits pulses of burn damage that do an attack roll with every pulse and then apply damage directly. It's not the classic damage over time where you have one initial attack roll and then some ticks without attack rolls for a duration. 

Dragon Thrashed is a DoT: one attack roll and then a few ticks of burn DMG. DoTs do not profit from Scion of Flame etc. (also see Soul Ignition or Shining Beacon and so on).

Sacred Immolation is a Pulsing effect: every pulse does an attack roll which deals direct damage (also see Chillfog or Nature's Terror etc.).

Pulsing spells like Sacred Immolation do work with Scion of Flame (and the others as long as the element fits of course).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1