Any powerful build left after overnerfs?

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I don't think that somebody who calls out a grown up man who's acting like an entitled child is a bully. Maybe it's not my business to teach other people manners - but I'll try nonetheless.

The first sentence is very true. There's an interesting psychological phenomenon here: people who behave improperly are often very keen to take the victim position. You mention the word "bully", but in this case, the OP's word of choice was "troll". As soon as he received justified criticism for his tone, he started calling other people trolls, which sounds like a defense mechanism: the person was out to deny personal responsibility and place the blame on others. Not a good strategy, if you wish to reach some kind of adulthood in your emotional life and behavior.

We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ.   Please remember this.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2021 at 11:44 AM, xzar_monty said:

He is not a troll, though, and his response to your original post was quite justified, even if it was harsh. If you read your original post again, you should be able to notice that it is not particularly reasonable: it is petulant, right down to the vocabulary you use (feces, grey and boring, boring weakling, etc.). You can be mightily dissatisfied with Obsidian's approach, and there's nothing wrong with that, but if you choose the tone you chose, you can't really complain if others think you're quite childish.

The company does overnerf ****, compared to the last game, you can barely have any spells or much options even if you don't multiclass and less if you do.

The guys critisizm's are valid, and if he annoyed about it, he will say it with rage and annoyance, that's the honest way to express what you are feeling. (anything else is a form of lying to appease society imo, and it's one of the biggest things destroying humanity atm) (It doesn't seem like it is, but it's insidious.)

Instead of pretending to be polite because that is what is society expects of everyone, he was honest about how he felt and I respect it.

The fact is, everyones attitude today (and especially with this cancel culture toxic positivity) is
"if you don't eat **** with a smile, or critisize ANYTHING" (even extremely politely to the point of groveling tbh)

Then you are a piece of ****.

So yeah I can respect this guy for admitting he is pissed and just acting like it honestly, instead of pretending to be a flawless emotionless robot.

Edited by alexis13
Grammar fixing

So... when I'm upset about somebody else's childish ways to ask for info I can't express my emotions with an answering post?

OP should be able to rant and express his emotions "honestly" - but I should suppress my urge to answer "like a flawless emotion robot"? Maybe that's just my way to communicate my valid criticism? It may be too civil though so I apologize. 

I have feelings too, you know, even if they are diplomatic feelings in a well-mannered shell. 😢

I hope you are not trying to cancel my feelings and opinion about childish behavior because it doesn't align with your way of communicating disagreement? That would be really oppressive and wouldn't that basically "destroy human society" in the long run?

😱

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

12 hours ago, alexis13 said:

The guys critisizm's are valid, and if he annoyed about it, he will say it with rage and annoyance, that's the honest way to express what you are feeling. (anything else is a form of lying to appease society imo, and it's one of the biggest things destroying humanity atm) (It doesn't seem like it is, but it's insidious.)

Really, the problem with the world today is everyone acts too polite? What a joke.

• Haha 2

• Gfted1 locked this topic