US & European Fans Discuss Race/Class in Eora

Avowedcast

A group of fans from Europe and America sit down to discuss Race and Class in Eora and how Race/Class may look in Avowed.  Enjoy!  

Avowedcast Episode 9: Race & Class in Eora
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5N2zQd2w7Vkf5mRLUSTpAF

This is a non-monetized fan podcast.  Interested in joining us for a recording and sharing your knowledge and opinions, we would love to have you.  Contact us via email: avowedcast[at]gmail.com

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Meadow folk fighter for me as well!

since this game was announced. I’ve already planned out that I’m going to create the same character that I rolled with from PoE 1 and Deadfire.  
i know avowed isn’t going to a direct continuation of deadfire(or is it?) but I’ll continue on with my Eorian player all the same. 

are others planning on something similar? 

I think it depends.  I'm still not convinced we will have the same amount of choice on character in avowed.  Can we be orlan?  Are we a blank slate or do we have some backstory? 

The title avowed seems to suggest we are (at least to start) already pledged to something.  Which makes me think we probably won't be choosing where we are from.

All speculation at this point.

6 hours ago, Theonlygarby said:

The title avowed seems to suggest we are (at least to start) already pledged to something.  Which makes me think we probably won't be choosing where we are from.

Trailer's VO seems to reference Woedica, and banners support it. If I remember engravings on the swords were translated to something very Woedica-like as well (Oathbinder?) 
While it might be pointing toward us starting as a more defined character (battlemage in service of Aedyr?) it might as well be not be as defined. 

Having the choice of all races would certainly be welcome though it does bring a set of exciting, but possible problematic design issues (like character height). 

But as you said it's all speculation. We know nothing of Avowed, except it being in works. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:41 PM, Wormerine said:

Trailer's VO seems to reference Woedica, and banners support it. If I remember engravings on the swords were translated to something very Woedica-like as well (Oathbinder?) 
While it might be pointing toward us starting as a more defined character (battlemage in service of Aedyr?) it might as well be not be as defined. 

Having the choice of all races would certainly be welcome though it does bring a set of exciting, but possible problematic design issues (like character height). 

But as you said it's all speculation. We know nothing of Avowed, except it being in works. 

I imagine implementing combat differences between orlan and aumoua(sp) would be very difficult