The TV and Streaming thread Series 4

Amentep

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

The plot from a high level is about a metaphysical event that leads to people, mostly women but not only, being "touched "  

So, basically it's a fantasy version of your biography? 

31 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

For example the source and reason why people start gaining magic and abilities is unique 

So... Aliens? I'm betting aliens. 

166215__front.jpg

rewatching castlevania s04e04

really saddened by that short montage of saint germain intoducing himself throughout the years and getting more and more ragged and crestfallen

frustrated loser are very easy to understand now

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

you MUST watch this series

No.

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

Is that yet another superhero show?

I'm pretty sure its Joss Whedon trying to have a second go at the "Victorian-era women with superpowers" ideas he had for his messy and unsatisfying arc in Marvel's RUNAWAYS comic.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

53 minutes ago, Amentep said:

No.

I'm pretty sure its Joss Whedon trying to have a second go at the "Victorian-era women with superpowers" ideas he had for his messy and unsatisfying arc in Marvel's RUNAWAYS comic.

Amentep why dont you want to even try to watch it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Amentep why dont you want to even try to watch it?

Because the trailer looked awful and I didn't like that RUNAWAYS arc?

• Hmmm 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

41 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Because the trailer looked awful and I didn't like that RUNAWAYS arc?

Not a very convincing reason IMO ? Why dont you watch the first episode and then decide ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Not a very convincing reason IMO ? Why dont you watch the first episode and then decide ?

Because I'm not going to get HBO Max to watch it? 

And what isn't convincing about not wanting to watch something if the trailer doesn't look good and you didn't like a similar work from the same creator?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skarpen said:

So... Aliens? I'm betting aliens. 

I can't conclusively prove it wasn't aliens, so it was definitely aliens.

Spoiler

I wasn't paying much attention when watching, but it's people teleported back in time from a post apoc future. I can't remember why it was post apoc- suspect, given it's Whedon, that it'll be ultimately caused by them going back in time- but it may have been aliens or demons or whatever.

It's not a bad series, but it's so very very Whedon in pretty much every respect, and feels like it's been cobbled together from off cuts from his other projects.

10 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Hot women,

But are there hot men?  

*looks it up* ... nah, not re: my personal tastes, seems like.  I'll pass.  😄 

...I think I noticed that when I was browsing that channel once.  Looks like another stylistic, glossy show. 

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, the fresh episode of Lucifer have dropped on Netflix.

Dennis Haysbert as God.  Which gives them an excuse to do a musical episode...

"So.. I just met your father. God. The Almighty... And he might have, maybe suggested.. That Charlotte was his wife?!"
".. Um. Well, There was a time when.. my mother.. The Goddess of All Creation.. was possibly.. inhabiting Charlotte's body."
"Right. So, this makes me wonder.. was.. The Goddess  ever inhabiting Charlotte's body..at the same time I was... inhabiting her body??"
".. I try not to think about that. But... there might, possibly have been some overlap of the two."

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Damn, so they were serious with new Dexter episodes. I'm kinda curious how this will work out.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

TNG Relics 

Scotty! 

But...why in the Star Trek universe are people being forced to retire? I liked the Engineer-by-choice vs Engineer-by-career-path between Scotty and Geordi, and the episode is a lot of fun. I do wish though that Guinan had been at the Bar rather than Data; I wish that they'd kept the Troi scene, and it's a shame that Worf and Scotty didn't get a scene.

When you're about to go to bed and quick-check Netflix on the tablet and they tell you that there's a new special by ... Bo Burham:  Inside.  *squeal* So you don't go to bed.  Filmed by himself in his house during "covid isolation", it's not the usual/expected "comedy special" (there's no stage or audience) so much as a one-man concept musical and performance film. Social and internet culture commentary within tons of those Bo-style songs, but also sometimes moody and a bit dark bits and ... well, it's hard to explain. There's the occasional pacing quirk but overall I loved it.  But I've always liked Bo's style.  :sorcerer:

"(Welcome to the internet) .... Could I interest you in everything, all of the time, a bit of everything all of the time. Apathy's a tragedy and boredom is a crime. Anything and everything all of the time!"

Edit: netflix flagged those videos fast.  :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

15 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Finished Lucifer and can't wait for the final season. We started watching some F1 doc on Netflix and I don't even like motorsports but I'm invested at this point.

It's got some great moments, emotional punches here and there, some laugh out loud points. But the story arc towards the end doesn't really pack a punch. I think they ran out of budget to really carry off the idea.

Unless a dozen badly dressed cosplayers can really simulate an angelic host getting ready for civil war.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."