The TV and Streaming thread Series 4

Amentep

Just now, majestic said:

How very American of Netflix, then. :p

I was honestly thinking of adding something to that effect in lmao.

• Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

54 minutes ago, Amentep said:

vids

martin short and steve martin are such good friends, am suspecting if pbs came to 'em and told 'em they were redoing the joy of painting, but wanted martin and short to host it together and said, "just do whatever you want," they woulda' jumped at the opportunity. only murders looks just a bit less contrived than our bob ross revival idea. martin and short wanted to do something. am not certain how picky were short and martin 'bout the vehicle.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

We watched the Back to the Future trilogy on Netflix. Wife really wanted to see them and really enjoyed them. I was hesitant to see them after so long but my wife asked me if I really wanted a wife who hadn't seen Back to the Future. Couldn't argue with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Free games updated 3/4/21

The Wheel of Time Has Wrapped Season 1 — and Season 2 Is Already in Progress | Tor.com

It always had to be more than one season, right? The Wheel of Time showrunner Rafe Judkins announced this morning that season two has officially been greenlit—and he shared a peek at the script for the first episode of S2, “A Taste of Solitude.”

The news comes along with word that production has wrapped on season one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

16 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Some people are guessing it will be available in October/November, to avoid the dates other shows will come, like The Witcher season 2. I hope so, but I think I once read it would only be released in 2022.

Edit: if a trailer is coming soon, then it can't be for 2022.

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

I love Martin and Short but I'm still not going to go back and deal with Hulu's horrible (console) app user interface.
I've seen a few other shows (The Kominsky Method is one) that appear to be filled with notable older actors, and they all seem ... possibly lightly amusing but of overall dubious quality/interest, at least to me personally.  The glut of things to watch being made these days ... it's no wonder most of them never find much of an audience.  If  Cheers was made/released today, I bet it would never have become so popular/watched (in terms of ppl even realizing it existed to turn on, perhaps, hahaha)

I watched a ... gothic horror/romance? ... called Crimson Peak, because it had Tom Hiddleston.  Nice scenery/camerawork and atmosphere, and I liked seeing Jim Beaver as the father, but once it arrived at the spooky mansion my interest faded fast.  Not sure why ... too predictable, or I didn't like the female lead chr all that much, perhaps.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Army of the Dead -  it should be noted that while I've liked a few comedic zombies movies, the original Night of the Living Dead, and (some seasons of) The Walking Dead, as well as demon-zombies like Evil Dead etc, I am not a huge general zombie person/fan.

--First intro/set up scene was pretty decent.
--The stuff shown during the opening credits was decent, although it also made me wish Tarantino was directing...
--The rest feels like a Z version merging of Aliens and something like Ocean's Eleven.  Very much so.
--Definitely could have trimmed at least 15 minutes and no one would notice.
--the daughter was annoying and outside of the parent/child aspect, her subplot could have been removed, honestly
--They tried for a tad more characterization then is usual for Z flicks but imo those scenes went on too long and largely just slows the pacing of the film. 
--a few Z kill scenes here and there were great, far as those things go.
--Could've used more twisted humor ... or the opposite, more serious pathos where I might've cared.
--Nice cinematography/visuals, looked great on the OLED 😛

So to sum up ... if you dislike all zombie movies, nothing here to change your mind.  If you love zombie chaos, there's some of that but you may find yourself fast forwarding a little bit through "character" scenes.  And after the opening credits, it takes 20+ minutes to get to the main Vegas city part of the movie. Overall ... for a Z flick, it's ok.  Maybe a B-  at best.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

I'm kind of embarrassed we are in the finals...

Uhm, yeah, that... they looked a bit like the Serbian Kardashians. :p

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

15 minutes ago, majestic said:

Uhm, yeah, that... they looked a bit like the Serbian Kardashians. :p

:facepalm: Of all the good music we had I can't believe where we ended up...

• Haha 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Army of the Dead had a fantastic first 15 minutes. I haven't finished the whole thing, because it is super long, but that first bit was perfect. 

So far though, these folks don't do a great job of watching each other's backs.

Look at Italy win. Good job!

edit: Was rooting for Ukraine, to be honest, but hey, Italy's offer was not bad either.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

TNG Man of the People

More like Dorian Gray of the People, amirite? It was...okay, but the Enterprise crew are kinda...oblivious.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched The Woman In the Window on NetFlix. It was OK. 6.5/10. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On 5/23/2021 at 7:15 AM, Hurlsnot said:

Army of the Dead had a fantastic first 15 minutes. I haven't finished the whole thing, because it is super long, but that first bit was perfect. 

So far though, these folks don't do a great job of watching each other's backs.

At the very start when the truck is leaving with the cargo through the gate...

There are two ufo's that fly off.

Also, I wonder how the robot zombies figure in with this. Perhaps robots in disguise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

We started watching season 3 of Master of None but it was so depressing we turned it off and put on DS9 instead. I don't we'll being going back to it.

Wtf was that season 3...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I was watching the Pitch Meeting for Army of the Dead, and it reminded me that when that one character mentioned the zombies and rain thing, I was also expecting some later scene where it would ... rain.  :lol:  Man I love Pitch Meetings - doesn't matter if I loved a movie or disliked a movie.  They're still great regardless.

(Pitch Meetings are full of/nothing but spoilers, in case one doesn't know that already)

Edited by LadyCrimson