19 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

don't know where to put this

just finished knights of everflame season 1

first time watch through so much tabletop rpg

still didn't feel ready for 100 episode of critical role

player are very good at role playing

last episode are emotional tense and have unexpected dark turn

19 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Finished last season of Expanse. It felt like they could made this whole season in 3 episodes and nothing of value would be lost

12 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Yes, everyone had a translator. Except for the girl.

And that is right, the middle really drags. I remember pausing before watching half of the movie and noticing there was still over an hour left. But I can't remember that much happening in all this time, since it was the part where

Reveal hidden contents

they found out they were negotiating with the father and after that there was basically the sequence of going to the meeting place and dealing with the bomb.

15 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

finished expanse s05

great quality as always

some part feels as slow as last season

8 episode instead of 10 might be better

the show successfully make the crew of rocinante feels resourceful and tenacious

much more than last season

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

21 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Anyone watching WandaVision? What do you think is the explanation for the big reveal at the end of the most recent episode?

Hide contents

Is it Quicksilver from another universe? Just an easter egg? Or something else?

They're leaning heavy into multiverse to set up some movies and shows.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Spoiler

That obviously isn't Quicksilver, it is Pietro Maximoff.

They even made sure to point out that Wanda isn't Scarlet Witch. Just Wanda! No fancy name or callsign, or anything!

;)

Spoiler

Yes, I'm aware that this is a licencing issue preventing X-Men from showing up in the MCU.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

49 minutes ago, majestic said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hide contents

That obviously isn't Quicksilver, it is Pietro Maximoff.

They even made sure to point out that Wanda isn't Scarlet Witch. Just Wanda! No fancy name or callsign, or anything!

;)

Hide contents

Yes, I'm aware that this is a licencing issue preventing X-Men from showing up in the MCU.

There isn't a licensing issue since Disney bought Fox.  All the Marvel rights excepting Spider-Man & related characters are with Marvel now (unless you're claiming a Hulk/Namor like licensing deal that's apparently prevented solo movies not based on character rights but secondary rights licensing...?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well... right. That problem should have gone away when Disney acquired Fox.

Then there no longer is a licencing issue at all, and they just kept calling her Wanda for the fun of it. I mean, the show even made joke out of her not having a nickname (and that was due to Marvel not being allowed to call the two by their X-Men names when they showed up in Age of Ultron, unless various articles lied to me :)).

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Well... right. That problem should have gone away when Disney acquired Fox.

Then there no longer is a licencing issue at all, and they just kept calling her Wanda for the fun of it. I mean, the show even made joke out of her not having a nickname (and that was due to Marvel not being allowed to call the two by their X-Men names when they showed up in Age of Ultron, unless various articles lied to me :)).

I think they are waiting for her to

Spoiler

show magic like powers before giving her the name Scarlet Witch.

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

My reaction to that was, "Oh, neat, they can use their experience from working on the Dark Crystal to really do it justice...wait, the Dark Crystal was cancelled because it was too expensive to produce...oh no, it's going to be absolute garbage-tier CGI a la their Watership Down remake series, isn't it? Into the trash it goes."

(e): I guess they could also do some 2D animation as well, which could be fine. Guess we'll have to wait and see to find out.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Re-watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.  I miss the old Aunt Viv.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

it's going to be absolute garbage-tier CGI a la their Watership Down remake series, isn't it?

I didn't know about this and now I wish I could forget.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Gina Carano will not be returning to The Mandalorian or the Star Wars galaxy after sharing a post on social media inferring that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust.

Okie dokie

lol, why is America such a fascist ****hole country. The reps don't even realize how racist and far right wing they are, or do they?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Man, and it's weirdly depressing to see a run of news of Whedon being toxic to some of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer cast back then.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

4 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

But dont you think what she said is unacceptable especially  for anyone who is aware of the nature of what genocide means ?

Their is no genocide of Republicans, Trump lost the election. Its time to move on and accept it and stop with the hyperbolic comments and misinformation 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

lol, why is America such a fascist ****hole country. The reps don't even realize how racist and far right wing they are, or do they?

Its really not that bad, dont think extreme comments from some and the example of the Capitol violence  represent how most Americans think or act 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's just a pattern that everyone should be able to recognize. Don't want to go into detail on this, because this isn't the politics thread, so I just stop now.

Other than that I kept watching Big Mouth. Turns out season 2 was a lot better than the first one. Also much less gross. Binge watched season 3 and 4 right after and it was good too. They deal with lots of valid teenager issues and they do it in pretty good ways, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

Man, and it's weirdly depressing to see a run of news of Whedon being toxic to some of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer cast back then.

Not really news, I haven't seen anything that wasn't general knowledge at the time or soon after. I know a lot of people regarded him as a bit of a girl power male feminist, but to be honest he had some pretty... odd stuff going on even without retrospect- Angel stalking Buffy when she was 13, the Spike S6 thing, a lot of Xander's stuff, Wesley's slave girl in the closet not to mention that the whole premise of Dollhouse was extraordinarily creepy. Lots of fetishisation going on there. That Buffy in particular was a toxic set was a pretty open secret even before Emma Caulfield asked for Anya to be killed off.

For the most recent stuff, while I don't doubt that Whedon was an utter knob to Charisma Carpenter the decision to fire her was ultimately because WB mandated that James Marsters be brought in for Angel S5 along with another budget cut, and Cordelia was the only character that could be written out to make way for him.

8 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Sweet. Time to hit the usual places and soak in their outrage over this.  :lol:

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

48 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Sweet. Time to hit the usual places and soak in their outrage over this.  :lol:

Do you feel she has been unfairly treated ?

John Milton