Subway borrows a page from Spacer's Choice

StarSword

Worked for Subway my sophomore year of high school. The crab isn't crab and the meatballs aren't meat.

With that said, Subway is to sandwiches what Taco Bell is to mexican food. Seriously hoping that no one is surprised by any of these developments.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I bought some Carr "whole wheat crackers".  I expected crackers. What I got was a thick round sweet tasting cookie.  Sweeter than graham crackers.

I learned about "meat glue" recently and how in the US they even put it in a lot of "bread-y" products and apparently there is something called "crab spaghetti" where they mix crab with tons of meat glue to form strands and ...

...in another 100 years food will all be labeled as "food product" because there will be no actual real food. Edit: unless you grow it yourself.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

13 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I got a bottle of Soylent the other day and was appalled to find out that it is, not in fact, people. I think Armie Hammer was the only one more disappointed than me.

I had no idea this was a thing.  Best choice of naming for a product since Pimp Juice.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, Achilles said:

Worked for Subway my sophomore year of high school. The crab isn't crab and the meatballs aren't meat.

With that said, Subway is to sandwiches what Taco Bell is to mexican food. Seriously hoping that no one is surprised by any of these developments.

As I always say, there's nothing like working a food service or retail job to make you:

1. respect the people who work food service and retail
  2. make you want to do anything else for a living
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I got a bottle of Soylent the other day and was appalled to find out that it is not, in fact, people. I think Armie Hammer was the only one more disappointed than me.

It's been a while since I saw Soylent Green, but wasn't only Green made of people? There was Soylent Yellow and Red too, I think. What color is it? :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.