I have been playing with my buddies alot on a save that I have been running. I always host the game and it works great when we are all on at the same time, but sometimes my buddies want to play when I'm not available. They want to play on my save because a lot of hard work has gone in to it. Would it be possible to add 24/7 squad access to the save/server. Maybe something like that Minecraft does with "realms"? I would pay for it. 

• Like 3

I was just looking through the future planning notes and they show that dedicated servers are in the thought process for a future update. I am truly glad to see this as I believe it will make the game far more popular and fun for friends to play together.

• 1 month later...

100% agree this game needs a dedicated server option. My friends and I would also have no problem paying. Some of us have families, busy lives, and we typically only game once a week on a scheduled night. Yes, we have to schedule or game night lol. We'd all love to be able to hop on during the week when we have time to continue building, without relying on someone's Xbox being turned on and the game running. 

I know this is on the feature request board already: https://grounded.obsidian.net/feature-board I just wanted to say my piece as well. :) I rarely ever comment online in regard to games, but we all love this game! We'd happily rent a server if there was an option. I'm really hoping this game is successful so Obsidian can make this happen. 

• Like 1