Simply question about stat stacking?

Hello, ive already end second time Poe, and now start playing Poe 2 also second tine. But i See a Little difference. 

In Poe our stats are not stacking. Example : we couldnt got +1 from chest and gloves, we always got highest number from armors and the highest from weapons.

But in Poe 2 its change. Isee i got already 3 items for perception and all counting in xd. 

Why rules are difference ? 

And second Little question. Serafen is nice characters from story side. But his classes sucks with those stats (he is only good pure cipher). Ydwin is not better for multi? 

Yes, stacking works differnently in Deadfire.

Gnerally speaking all passive item buffs (+x to y all the time - and so on) and all other passives (right side of the ability "tree") will stack with everything.

Active effects (left side of the ability tree, also most often effects that have a limited duration) will not stack.

So for example Iron Skin (Wizard active ability/spell) will not stack with Gilded Enmity (Goldpact Knight active ability). But Stoic Steel (Paladin passive ability) will stack with everything.  

Serafen's cipher subclass isn't very attractive but you can still build a good fortitude-debuffing Witch out of him. Also he brings the AoE blunderbuss "Hand Mortar" and you can get a second AoE blunderbuss from his companion quest: "Fire in the Hole". Both are very unique and awesome weapons. My favorite weapons even.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks a lot !.

Two lasts question:

1. What are best pets actually ? There is al ot of them, hard to find out in that

2. What i best dual wield weapons for rogue (assassin) ?- im actually multi class with barbarian.

Im asking you because i see a lot of your posts  with tons of similar questions xd, so i will prefer more private contact like discord or something when i can easly ask you something about PoE 😛 (ofc if its possible for you) ?

1. Best pet: totally depends on your character build. But for melee dps characters usually Abraham is very good.

2. Don't think there is "the best" dual wieldng weapon setup - but for an Assassin the dagger "Lover's Embrace" can be very good because it allows you to kill very overleveled enemies with its neverending bleeding effect. It stacks with the Rogue's Gouging Strike which also never ends. You can sneak in, use Gouging Strike with Lover's Embrace, maybe follow up with a Barbaric Smash and then use Smoke Veil to vanish and retreat out of sight - then and let the target bleed to death. That way you can win encounters that otherwise would be too difficult for you. You can combine this with the dagger Pukestabber in the offhand - it's a very good dagger, too. But there's countless other good weapon setups. For example Rust's Poignard is great, also the flail Ball & Chain, the sabre Grave Calling, the flail Sun & Moon and so on.

I have a Discord account but I'm almost never there, sorry. You can reach me here - I don't mind answering public questions and maybe other forum users are interested as well - but you can also write a private message (top right menu besides the bell notification icon). You can also reach me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/boeroer

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

2. Don't think there is "the best" dual wieldng weapon setup - but for an Assassin the dagger "Lover's Embrace" can be very good because it allows you to kill very overleveled enemies with its neverending bleeding effect. It stacks with the Rogue's Gouging Strike which also never ends. You can sneak in, use Gouging Strike with Lover's Embrace, maybe follow up with a Barbaric Smash and then use Smoke Veil to vanish and retreat out of sight - then and let the target bleed to death.

I wonder how long this would take with one of the megabosses. 😀

Heck, maybe someone has the experiment going on right now, and the answer is: "I don't know yet, it's only been bleeding for a couple of weeks now."

It  depends. Against some Megabosses it doesn't work (or not very well): The big Ooze will die and then split - then merge again and nothing is won. You must prevent the merge which is tricky with a squishy stealth char. I'm sure it's doable - just not with the simple "hit, run and hide" approach. Kiting and using crossbow for interrupts while oozes bleed might work...? 
It's difficult to initially hit Belranga from stealth because her defenses are so high without killing a few spiderlngs first (but then no stealth). That's why Brand Enemy is so good against certain bosses: it's an auto-hit.
Iirc Dorudugan will die without problems, just takes forever (don't put Brand Enemy on him ;)). Sigilmaster might be a problem because you not only have to kill her but also the sigils, sigils first. Don't know if encounter will stop if you destroyed a sigil and then retreat. Maybe not? Gouging Strike is expensive... But iirc there are no unlimited heals involved so it should still be possible with Gouging Strike alone. 

Then some enemies have unlimited healing capabilities that can counter the DoT. For example some ogres (like Torkar of the Firebrand crew) have an unlimited supply of potions that give them the Robust inspiration. It can outheal True Love's Kiss + Gouging Strike. Then the process lasts forever and you have to do something to prevent him from drinking the potions - like kite him so he wants to follw instead of standing around and drinking potions. I solve that by using an Assassin/Paladin with Brand Enemy to stack True Love's Kiss + Gouging Strike + Brand Enemy which is enough to outperform the healing. If you are not too underleveled you can also use some supporting DoTs (Ring the Bell, Toxic Strike) to quicken the process. It's risky but can really speed things up. Just keep enough Guile for one final Smoke Veil. Or use an emergency potion. Shadowng Beyond (e.g. from items like Poignard) doesn't work because it immediately breaks on DoT tricks. Smoke Veil doesn't. 

Assassin/Bleak Walker is my preferred combo for this (admittedly lame) approach because you not only have good alpha strikes with the arquebus and FoD but also Brand Enemy which is very cheap, is an auto-hit and has no recovery which lets you put it on multiple enemies in a very short time, then vanish and let them all die. 

If anybody asks why I am doing this if I think it's lame: It's also fun sometimes because the playstyle is so different. Deadfire turns into a sneaking game. I build a very squishy Assassin on purpose and am often one-two-shotted when I mess up my timings etc. Another reason isthat with such a character I can get to unique gear very, very early in the game without using cheats. And that allows me to export/import the character with the good gear into an uncheated game. That then allows me to build a character around a special item (or specific set of items) which otherwise would come too late to be worthwhile. E.g. Ngati's Tusk is a nice pike for a Barb but comes so late so I will import it in order to get it earlier. It's not OP compared to some other stuff you can get early so it doesn't feel too cheesy. 

Edited by Boeroer

12 hours ago, asnjas said:

The best pet? People need to power game everything?

What's the matter with you? The OP is new to the forums and he's been asking perfectly valid questions. There's no need to get snarky with him.

Your life may be very tough, who knows, and I can appreciate that, but you're constantly being an a-hole to everybody, and it doesn't improve things one bit.

Okay. I two last question

Im probably much close to finish the game, but...

Did recorvery speed stacking also ? I mean there is a lot of buffs/enchantments for armors/weapons which give us some reduction this time, also pets got this buff. So my example is:

Got armor with 35% recorvery speed but meanwhile i have active some buffs for it

- -15% from pet

- -15 from some ench for armor

- -2% (max 20%) some stacked bonus from weapon (like modwyr) - im know its work only for that weapon, but its just example with single weapon

So its gonna happen like that: 35% (based) - 15 (pet) - 15 (ench arm) = 5% recorvery speed - modwyr stacked bonus = so i can achieve like = -15%? or it doesnt work under 0 ? 😜

Hope u understand what i mean :(. Sadly in-game there is no simply stat in character information like other stats ;/.

Second question:

How to set properly AI settings for using AOE abillities ? Unfortunately there is only one good option (for me) in AI mechanics

i set some aoe spell like that: Target: 1 > ally in close distance (melee weapon). But its still using aoe only for 2 targets. I want to set it somehow for use it only if there is more than 3-4 targets...

Edited by Shaylo