Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

Ah, love modern Youtubers, reading an article.  At least this guy's less drone than Yongyea 😛

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

17 hours ago, Raithe said:

I must say I enjoyed that review, sure the guy is not a long term gaming review  professional but he makes some honest and convincing observations 

I particularly found it interesting with the negative impact the pandemic had on  development and how that  would have eroded Q&A, I completely understand this as  a real factor to some of  the issues around the games release but then they should have announced this publicly and delayed the release for understandable reasons.....no point telling fans afterwards once the anger and frustration has been created by real subpar release  issues 

I liked how shocked he seemed by the " bullying "  statement ...." gosh that sounds serious " :lol:

But the game is really improving and its future is looking good so well done CDPR !!

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-live-up-to-what-we-promised-cd-projekt-boss-says/

CD Projekt president and joint CEO Adam Kiciński repeated his recent re-commitment to Cyberpunk 2077 during the company's first quarter financial results today, saying that a significant portion of the development team continues to work on it, even as the studio itself prepares to move to a parallel development system in 2022.

"We intend to live up to what we promised our gamers in January," Kiciński said. "While we already see major improvements, a large part of the team continues to work on making sure that Cyberpunk provides even better entertainment to gamers."

The remark reflects comments Kiciński made in April, when he said that the studio wasn't giving thought to washing its hands of Cyberpunk 2077. "We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come," he said at the time.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On 5/20/2021 at 3:51 PM, BruceVC said:

they should have announced this publicly and delayed the release for understandable reasons.....

That's not how cashflow works... ;)

(yeah, my inner developer chiming in there)

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

The problem with this game is that the more bugs they remove, the more it becomes obvious that Cyberpunk 2077 really is just mediocre.

I was too pre-occupied being angry at all the glitches and bugs to notice how shallow and empty this game really is. When those glitches and bugs are disappearing, all that's left is the facade of a game. Paper thin.

• Thanks 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 1 month later...

I have been playing this game for some 20-30 hours now and while the story is certainly well told, Nightcity is ABSOLUTELY LIFELESS. 

If there was a 'Top 10 Lifeless Cities in Video Games' list, this would be somewhere in the top 3.

• Thanks 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

2 hours ago, Katphood said:

I have been playing this game for some 20-30 hours now and while the story is certainly well told, Nightcity is ABSOLUTELY LIFELESS. 

If there was a 'Top 10 Lifeless Cities in Video Games' list, this would be somewhere in the top 3.

Overall how would you rate your gaming experience, so out of 1-100 where would it sit with anything lower than 50 means you wouldn't recommend it ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Katphood said:

At least it's better than Steelport.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

23 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Overall how would you rate your gaming experience, so out of 1-100 where would it sit with anything lower than 50 means you wouldn't recommend it ?

I'd say I'd give it a fair 80 out of 100 if played on either a high-end PC or one of the newer consoles. 

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, marelooke said:

Patch 1.31 out, 51GiB through Gog for me :o

These huge patches are an annoyance for me.

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

In metric countries would that be a 81cm monitor or do you just call it 32in?

We refer to them in inches as the model numbers are usually named in inches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Over here our TVs kinda transitioned from centimetres to inches around the time plasma supplanted CRTs. Which might be a little backwards but it at least unified the TV world with the monitor world (which has used inches for as long as I remember).

• Thanks 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• 1 month later...

https://www.videogamer.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-sees-all-new-updates-and-free-dlc-pushed-into-next-year/

D Projekt Red appears to have confirmed that all future updates and DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 have slipped into next year.

The info comes following the company quietly updating a roadmap for the game. While the ‘Our Commitment to Quality’ page was first established in January, the updates roadmap has since been tweaked.  As of October 28, 2021 all future updates and content for the game now appear to be targeted for 2022.

It shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise, of course. Just over a week ago the company announced that next-gen updates for both Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 were being moved into next year. The game’s most recent major update—Patch 1.3—launched back in September and will be the last substantial update this year.

On the positive side, these future updates should mainly be quality of life and additions. Back in June, company CEO Adam Kiciński called the game’s stability at a “satisfactory level”.  It’s not known what Cyberpunk 2077 DLC we can expect, but Gabriel Amatangelo was appointed the game’s director earlier this year.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

By the time all their patches, dlc and whatever other plans come to fruition, I might be in the mood to try finishing the game. Maybe.

Then again, maybe I'll wait until the 6080ti, so I can play it on max ray tracing at native 4k/60fps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

By the time all their patches, dlc and whatever other plans come to fruition, I might be in the mood to try finishing the game. Maybe.

Then again, maybe I'll wait until the 6080ti, so I can play it on max ray tracing at native 4k/60fps.

I'm of the same mind. My gaming desktop is now six years old and will need refreshing soon. So any thought of playing CP2000 will be after that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, kanisatha said:

I'm of the same mind. My gaming desktop is now six years old and will need refreshing soon. So any thought of playing CP2000 will be after that.

I've built a new pc, my first one since 2007/2008, yet lost all interest in CP2077 and most other games on my wishlist. I'll mostly replay FNV because that was the end of an era in gaming, and do cpu related tasks unrelated to gaming. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, uuuhhii said:

why does new game plus take so long to implement

its a valid question, a game as large as this will be updated with new code in several of the assets and these have conditions that need to be verified still work properly. Meaning an update can break any game if not tested properly 

And Im sure all of us  can understand that CDPR dont want another gaming stability scandal  like the Cyb release problems 8)

John Milton 

• 1 month later...

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41435/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes

"Fixed some instances of NPCs T-posing."

Shame, I enjoyed Johnny T-posing during the assault on Arasaka.

• Like 1