Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

Got to the point of no return, 42 hours in. Not going to finish just yet, but fairly happy with that. Biggest complaint so far is the one forced (I think) boss fight I had to endure, pretty awful when I have exactly zero combat perks, ugh.

• Hmmm 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

19 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Got to the point of no return, 42 hours in. Not going to finish just yet, but fairly happy with that. Biggest complaint so far is the one forced (I think) boss fight I had to endure, pretty awful when I have exactly zero combat perks, ugh.

I'm kinda curious what level you are, and what exactly your build is that you have no combat perks.

Also I assume you were referring to the fight with

Spoiler

Oda?

In which case, yup, can't avoid that one.

If you're lucky he'll bug out and just stand still for you to kill him, happened in both my playthroughs

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

55 minutes ago, marelooke said:

I'm kinda curious what level you are, and what exactly your build is that you have no combat perks.

Reveal hidden contents

Oda?

If you go full stealth this fight can be a nightmare.
I only beat it thanks to a random wrench I had in inventory.

3 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

So when am I supposed to try to kill the first boss in Valheim? Because I am terrified of him right now.

Wake the f* up, samurai. You're burning the wrong thread. 😛

That said, basic leather armor and a shield are enough to tank everything he can throw at you.

Edited by Oner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, marelooke said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oda?

Yes it was spoilerman.

Loaded up the manual save closest to when I had the fight, which is level 23, so let's say that whole quest gave me a level, so 22. I do tend to float both my attribute and perk points though, so it can be a little misleading. So I have 12 in Tech and Cool, and 9 in Int - also 3 in Body and 5 in Reflexes, both untouched since the game began. I started by grabbing all the non-combat perks in the Stealth tree, then the non-combat ones in Breach Protocol. I'd sort of exhausted both, so then I started putting them into Crafting, despite me crafting exactly zero items so far. So that last bit is kinda my fault I guess?

In the end while looking through my stuff, I randomly tried Cripple Movement for the first time and to my surprise, it worked on him and indeed completely stunned him. This let me wail on him with a random purple stick I had in my bags for 40% of his life. Then I repeated the trick. Then just spammed healing potions for the rest (because I have no RAM regen). Awful, awful fight but at least it's over and there were no more bosses afterwards, except presumably one that's being telegraphed hard for the endgame. Thankfully an upgraded Cyberdeck with much more RAM was the actual only piece of gear I've bought throughout the course of the game, because if I had stuck with the starting one, I'd have been completely screwed - the repeated times I tried to shoot him only got him down to barely 90%.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1091500/announcements/detail/3042717759905569253

"According to our survey over 30% of all Night Citizens experienced an irresistible urge to burst forward for no reason and the majority of affected people admitted that it put them in danger of falling from a high place. Manufacturer claims that the glitch is caused by a lack of perfect synchronisation between the user's brain patterns and the neuroprocessor."

Hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 3/19/2021 at 8:22 PM, Malcador said:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1091500/announcements/detail/3042717759905569253

"According to our survey over 30% of all Night Citizens experienced an irresistible urge to burst forward for no reason and the majority of affected people admitted that it put them in danger of falling from a high place. Manufacturer claims that the glitch is caused by a lack of perfect synchronisation between the user's brain patterns and the neuroprocessor."

Hah.

Blaming bugs on the user, glad to see nothing is changing in the next 56 years ;)

But yes, glad that one got addressed, somewhat, at least. Having a separate, dedicated, button would be better, of course...

Still no zoomed out minimap, tsk. Biggest bugbear for me in the game

Player will no longer have a weapon equipped during the romance scene with Judy in Pyramid Song.

Shame, that made the scene way funnier to see my V find...uh...creative uses for a revolver.

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 3

Noticed you appear to no longer get xp for killing an enemy that was knocked out. Shame 😛

Driving is still "meh", mostly because traffic doesn't appear to have gotten any fixes, so they still swerve randomly, or just stop in the middle of intersections for no reason at all.

Supposedly you can now craft multiples of items, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how...

I am very happy with  all these patches and fixes being released to make the game more stable and address bugs. Well done CDPR !!!

I think I should be able to play this game in the next 3-6 months and I should avoid most of the issues experienced on this games disastrous launch :dancing: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Some on Steam are saying the LoD/pop-in is even worse than before, especially when driving. Anyone here notice such?  If there's one thing I hate - particularly in supposed  "graphic wowzer" games - is texture and other pop-in.

Oh well ... I probably won't be able to dedicate to playing games like this for some months anyway (my hands, I mean). I may try to replay this game in 2022, see if they make enough changes where I'll find the gameplay/mechanics a little more interesting for my tastes. Won't expect miracles.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Lets take a bet, I believe the game will be fixed with updates and patches. But what do you define as " fixed " 

What do you expect to be working correctly before you will recommend it as a worthwhile game to play ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Some on Steam are saying the LoD/pop-in is even worse than before, especially when driving. Anyone here notice such?  If there's one thing I hate - particularly in supposed  "graphic wowzer" games - is texture and other pop-in.

Oh well ... I probably won't be able to dedicate to playing games like this for some months anyway (my hands, I mean). I may try to replay this game in 2022, see if they make enough changes where I'll find the gameplay/mechanics a little more interesting for my tastes. Won't expect miracles.

Didn't notice it being any worse so far, but well, it was already noticeable before...so take that for what you will.

Game did seem to look better after the patch though, initially I chalked that up to coming back after not playing for a while, but apparently they did improve lighting on lower end hardware, so I might not be imagining it.

As for a comprehensive list of changes, this Youtuber did some good coverage, covering probably all the important stuff:

Things that stood out to me (not all of them were in the patch notes):

• resistances now work
  • most (all?) perks and items/mods now work
  • driving is slightly better (but traffic is still broken)
  • almost all exploits (xp and money) are fixed
  • Ping and Breach Protocol now alert enemies (not a fan of this one, tbqh)
  • FPS is more stable in general
  • crafting got a bunch of fixes (lowered crafting requirements, buying crafting components got cheaper)
  • shops now actually sells legendaries. Not sure if the rotation of blueprints is fixed, will have to test that one.

• 2 weeks later...

New Cyberpunk update (Patch 1.21). Was 588MB for me on Gog, mostly minor bugfixes and deals with some quest progression issues (like Cyberpsycho quests not counting towards the "meta" quest).

The two things I'd like fixed aren't, those being:

• Ping quickhack alerts enemies
  • Can't craft multiples of crafting materials

Kinda prefer having these smaller patches, but more often, rather than wait months for a large one, but given the inefficiency of these updates on consoles I can see why that doesn't happen (this patch requires like a >20GB download on some consoles, ouch).

Here's to hoping that now that the worst issues are tackled they'll start adding in some additional content as well.

I'm coming around to the idea of them just patching and moving on. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the game my first playthrough but much less so on subsequent ones. The reason for me is that the systems aren't complex or interesting enough to keep me engaged and I'm not sure that more content, even though I don't mind it, is the answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 2 weeks later...

And continuing on...

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/38047/hotfix-1-22

Hotfix 1.22 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

This update addresses the most frequently reported issues since the last patch and introduces further improvements to stability and performance of the game. Here is the list of changes:

Quests & Open World

• The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
  • Fixed glitches in Johnny's appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
  • Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
  • Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn't follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
  • Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street - for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako's parlor.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
  • Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.

Visual

• Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.

UI

• Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.

Stability and performance

• Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
  • Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.

Console-specific

• GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
  • Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.

Stadia-specific

• It's no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available 

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

When I inserted the disc into my Xbox, it needed a 45 GB update and a few days later it needed a 15 GB update...

That is a total of 60 GB worth of update!

Worst part is that you can't play while the game is being updated on the Xbox.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.