What You've Done Today - As the World Turns

Amentep

@Bartimaeus That sucks.  Here's hoping she beats the odds. Hugs.

@BruceVCLooks lovely/peaceful.  I still miss my redwoods. Haven't been in a while, maybe this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, Gorth said:

That nature reserve looks beautiful ❤️

What kind of trees are those? Looks like pine trees, but not quite 🤔

Its funny you asked that because I asked my dad the same question, despite his deteriorating mental condition he still remembers and can recognize plants and trees and knows their names most of the time

That part of the hike was in the  forest area and it was beautiful and utterly serene. Those are Pine trees but a type of European Pine. I didnt even know their were so many different types of Pine trees. Good  tree knowledge Gorthfuscious :thumbsup:

https://conifersociety.org/conifers/articles/10-types-of-pine-trees-that-everyone-should-know/

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Watching OneDrive destroy my laptop, what a powerful piece of malware.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

9 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Watching OneDrive destroy my laptop, what a powerful piece of malware.

What happened, how did OneDrive impact your laptop?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, BruceVC said:

What happened, how did OneDrive impact your laptop?

Causes Explorer issues as it syncs folders I cannot set it to not sync.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Causes Explorer issues as it syncs folders I cannot set it to not sync.

Try this article, you can unlink the synchronization of folders and even disable it completely. I dont use it personally but some of our customers use it and it generally behaves 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

John Milton 

4 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Try this article, you can unlink the synchronization of folders and even disable it completely. I dont use it personally but some of our customers use it and it generally behaves 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

No go, corporate policy to have it linked. I just kill the process now and then.  Not sure what this application is doing that it needs 3-4 GB of memory, heh

I think I need to find an electrician. The outlets where my microwave plugs in have stopped working and we've had some weird issues with various outlets before. Old house problems I'm guessing but I hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg as I'm starting to run low on those. I never even realized how much I use the microwave until I've had to heat something up on the stove or in the oven for while. I also find myself wondering if I'm really hungry enough to put forth that much effort.

• Sad 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

It was built in 1967. I'll check it out tomorrow and see what's what.

Last time I think the problem was a light in master bathroom or something similar. I had to call an electrician and he replaced some stuff in the electrical box 

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

It was built in 1967. I'll check it out tomorrow and see what's what.

Last time I think the problem was a light in master bathroom or something similar. I had to call an electrician and he replaced some stuff in the electrical box 

Shady, we discussed this and you agreed. You dont  need an electrician as you can rely on the numerous opinions of people on this forum to help you fix all your electrical problems ...dont waste money when it can be spent on things like food and alcohol  :thumbsup:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

22 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Shady, we discussed this and you agreed. You dont  need an electrician as you can rely on the numerous opinions of people on this forum to help you fix all your electrical problems ...dont waste money when it can be spent on things like food and alcohol  :thumbsup:

Nothing like a bit of DIY work 😇

Electrocuted GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein