What You've Done Today - As the World Turns

Amentep

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

I made the heinous, unforgivable mistake of watching like 5 minutes of a "vocal coach reacts to some song" video. The YT algorithm immediately started FLOODING my recommendations with reaction videos. It took me weeks of completely ignoring all reaction videos to mostly clear my YT recommendations of them (they still sneak in the odd one here and there).

I spent years never even looking at YT's "home page/top url" where all the rec. are. Which is why I suppose I'd not know about memes or whatever for months/years, haha.  I'd always just enter YT via my own channel URL and searchbar for stuff.  The tablet/phone is where I began finally looking at it sometimes.  I still generally avoid it on the PC. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mercifully my "SJWs are RUINING _______" recommendations are gone.  Just endless Mass Effect 2 videos (clicking on them is a heavy risk.....but the priiiiiiiize)

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Mercifully my "SJWs are RUINING _______" recommendations are gone.  Just endless Mass Effect 2 videos (clicking on them is a heavy risk.....but the priiiiiiiize)

Spoiler

sfJYpAq.jpg

lolz

• Hmmm 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

That could be a revealing interesting (or predictable...) forum thread  - post a screenshot of the first 'page' of YT recommendation.  😛

...yes mine would have a lot of cats/animals.  And today, apparently 9+ videos of "(insert # of hours) soothing sounds of rain to sleep by" because I went to a bookmark of such a video to see if it still existed or should be deleted (the bookmark).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Whenever my YT recommendations page goes to ****, my go to move (now that I've caught on to YT's game) is to bring up the search bar and type in something along the lines of "cute capybara*", then I watch like 6 or 7 lovable animal videos in a row. Within a few days, my YT recommendations page becomes something I don't dread to see.

*insert your favorite animal

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

38 minutes ago, majestic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

sfJYpAq.jpg

lolz

Obligatory :

QONVIyz.gif

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, majestic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

sfJYpAq.jpg

lolz

I wonder if Miranda's ass will be remastered?

3rd 10+hr workday in a row (if you're not counting weekends as breaks, then it's 10+hrs almost everyday for the last six weeks), and I am tired as ****.

• Sad 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I watched a few videos on nuTrek and now I keep getting recommendations for Trek bashing stuff. Problem is that most of it is culture war/libs ruin everything crap. I'm looking for an honest critique on what did and didn't work and why or why not and not rants about diversity or whatever intensity of they will not replace us. I get enough of that in the political thread.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Took day off, came back to a slew of Teams messages from one guy in India messaging me every hour with "Hiiii....". 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sarex said:

The QA right?

QA knows how to read an Out of Office status, this was a developer :lol:

Today's objective is learning how to sing Snow's Informer.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

Is that English he is singing?

Some dialect of it, yah. 😛

Status update : I have not managed to learn this song.  Also my dogs do not care for the song.

Edited by Malcador

*My PC must be silent, silent, silent! Noctua, low GPU fan rpm's, etc etc.  SILENCE*

..medium/average summer-ish temps for two days where room goes over that because of computing etc.

*A/C on (general room), floor fan on (direct on self), air cleaning filter unit thingie on (because who knows if that AC has allergen molds somewhere after being off for months)*

....so much for silence.  😛
By the time I'm 60 I'll be turning A/C on at 72F or something.  Pfft.

Suffered the use support version of a belated April Fool's joke. 895 and 958 are not the same numbers, even if they look a bit similar. Good thing the user didn't ask for anything serious and nobody  deleted the wrong record and stuff. *cough*

Sigh.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Taking Sunny back to the doctor today. She has a disease called Cushings Syndrome. The version she has affects her pituitary system. She has been taking a drug called denemarin for years but it seems like it's no longer effective. We switched to another one a few weeks ago but I think it's making her sick. Hopefully the vet has other options.   

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Good luck, Sunny

Edited by Malcador

Thanks, you guys are awesome! The DR is starting her on a new drug, Vetrotyl (something like that). It’s a cotisol blocker. It’s supposed to be taken with denemarin so now there will be two pills hidden in the peanut butter. I’m sure she won’t mind. She said we should notice a difference pretty quickly. 

• Like 7

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

^ Hopefully the new drug mix works well.

Also, I wish the peanut butter (or any food method) thing worked with cats.  There's a reason most of the time vets give you cat medicine in a liquid form.   >_<:lol:

Got half my family vaccinated, rest will be done by end of week. Only my expendable ass has to wait until summer :p

• Like 2