What You've Done Today - As the World Turns

Amentep

4 minutes ago, Amentep said:

It felt like I was watching it real-time then. 😜

Well they were taken in real time. Couple of minutes apart. I pulled over on the side of the road to watch it while Sunny did her business. She had been riding quietly for five hours and I don’t think she was gonna hold it much longer

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

50 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

No actually the pics were too big to put in a single post. 

Oh?  They don't seem that large to me. Edit: unless you mean the originals, if you edited those posted.

At any rate, y'all know I'm just ribbing GD.  coh-hearthug.png

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

12 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Oh?  They don't seem that large to me. Edit: unless you mean the originals, if you edited those posted.

At any rate, y'all know I'm just ribbing GD.  coh-hearthug.png

😁

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I assume I didn't get the most uber version possible (D15S, it's all black!) which is fine since I don't manually OC (CPU just does that varied volt/oc on its own) but no game has gone over 55C, even cpu-intensive unity games .

That's one step down from the top-of-the-line model, the D15, but nearly as good.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Bought a big cup of gumbo for breakfast. Heading home today by way of Shreveport. Going to look at a few other state parks along the way. Besides most of the places around here won’t let me bring Sunny in so to hell with them.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Disappointed in my Youtube recommendations, seems they think I am super into whining about SJWs and videos about guns (mostly crap where some guy "reviews" things like the SCAR or Glock) for some reason.   I guess I should be grateful it's not Prager.

Almost miss getting the Muslim dating service ads.

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

16 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Well they were taken in real time. Couple of minutes apart. I pulled over on the side of the road to watch it while Sunny did her business. She had been riding quietly for five hours and I don’t think she was gonna hold it much longer

They were a feast for the eyes, and I'm grateful!

I'm drinking "gaelic" coffee, and chatting with a coworker. Iz nice.

Also, went to the clinic again to change bandage, met one of the new nurses, and was shocked, absolutely SHOCKED, when she looked me straight in the eyes when she opened the door.

I've NEVER met a woman that equals me in height. Ever. Chickened out of asking for a phonenumber tho. ._.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I've NEVER met a woman that equals me in height.

...you'd probably get a neck cramp trying to look down at the top of my head. If we ever meet in real life, do I have permission to ask you how's the weather up there?   :p

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

Disappointed in my Youtube recommendations,

Most of the time I feel like they recommend the entire video collection of a single author because 3 minutes ago I watched one of their videos.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

25 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

...you'd probably get a neck cramp trying to look down at the top of my head. If we ever meet in real life, do I have permission to ask you how's the weather up there?   :p

You have my permission.

But if you bring mountain climbing equipment and a sherpa, I will call foul :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

7 hours ago, Azdeus said:

But if you bring mountain climbing equipment and a sherpa, I will call foul

I'll just bring the mountain climbing gear, then.   :shifty:

• Haha 2

Back home again. Getting the smokehouse ready for cooking. My total catch this week was two hardhead catfish. One already cooked and gone. I caught four cobia but only one was big enough to keep. I’m glad I checked because they were checking at the ranger station as I left. The Cobia and the other catfish are going in the smoker this afternoon. I also caught a couple of sheepshead that were too small and a few others not fit for eating. Unless I was in some kind of survival situation. Then it’s screw the sizes and limit.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

One of my parents neighbors used to take an annual salmon fishing run. He'd return home with both smoked canned salmon and not-canned smoked salmon (some was done where he fished, some he did in a backyard smoker).  He'd always give some to my mother.

Best smoked salmon ever.  And I'm not a fish eating person.

• Like 1

40 minutes to midnight, and I'm sitting here pushing some code for an unplanned quick release necessitated by one of our branches and a customer simply starting with a new business process that we discussed where I asked them for a week's notice to set everything up.

I mean technically they gave me a week. Like "hey we started last week and this doesn't really work, what's the deal?"

• Haha 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

As soon as I finish this cup of coffee I’m going to go out and start cutting ground for the garden. Call me crazy but I actually enjoy this work

Thomas Sowell

I had to sign the tax papers the other day and hubby, observing my taking off finger splints, told me soon I'll need a rubber 'X' stamp, pffft. You can get adequate at using your stupid hand for a lot more things but (for me anyway) penmanship isn't one of them. 😄

This morning I woke up having the use the bathroom and when I got back into bed my brain said "nope too late not sleepy now" ... so I got up again and fiddled with game things. Now it's time for a short walk, food, and then ... a nap?

Company migrating our stuff to The Cloud  and of course tonnes of stuff is breaking or they just flat out ignored some services that need to be moved over, so that's fun.  Also taking a course on Project Management, sort of laughing at the instructor emphasizing how important it is to keep a tight hand on project scope and purpose.  Should forward this to Chris Roberts. 

Some of the things are kind of useful, like asking "Why?" 5 times when you want to do something. 

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 3/8/2021 at 8:12 PM, Malcador said:

Some of the things are kind of useful, like asking "Why?" 5 times when you want to do something. 

Why?

Times like these I hate my job. That feeling will pass and in a couple of weeks I will look back at this fondly, but for now it's the software engineers version of the thousand yard stare for me.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 minutes ago, majestic said:

Why?

Times like these I hate my job. That feeling will pass and in a couple of weeks I will look back at this fondly, but for now it's the software engineers version of the thousand yard stare for me.

If anyone asks me "Why?" the answer is usually "Because I want to end this conversation".

• Haha 1

A while back I noticed this little thing in hubby's office, that I at first thought was some router or whatnot:
tinypc.jpg

It's one of those mini-PC's.  Apparently his work has been giving those to workers who don't have good enough computers needed to do their work/networking from home so he has one to test it etc.  I think they run around $200-$400 depending on ram and power and the like.  Obviously not for gaming, but more general desktop tasks.  Anyway, for some reason I want one now.  :shifty:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 7:26 PM, Guard Dog said:

Portland is no different than any other midsize city. Whatever you were looking for if you don’t bring it there you probably won’t find it there.

I was refering to Portland Maine not Oregon.

It's like the perfect city, not small, not big, reasonably affordable.

Portland Maine wouldn't be bad. Still too big for my tastes. If I can see another human or human habitation from my house I get anxious!

Thomas Sowell

3 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Yeah, but can you walk down to the corner store and buy a fistful of shrooms and an 1/8 of meth? :lol:

Nope. There are gonna be some trade offs 😆

Thomas Sowell

28 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Yeah, but can you walk down to the corner store and buy a fistful of shrooms and an 1/8 of meth? :lol:

Probably could, at least the meth, maybe cheaper than Oregon. Meth addiction is a problem in Maine, last I had checked.  Also seems that in smaller towns, it's always meth. 

Edited by Malcador