Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)

Amentep

25 minutes ago, Gorth said:

A bit late, but... the Australian take on Q Anon 😛

That is a good video and she is really hot so its even better. I dont agree with her suggestion that the Vatican is a pedophile ring or that Assange exposed the truth but it makes some good points outside of those types of  comments 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I did like the part where she says  "You've done your research"

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

US budget deficit to exceed $2.3 trillion for 2021 

The government spending deficit exceeds the rate of growth. Our economy is expanding against all reason or odds but it really isn’t because we’re going to be a negative growth for government spending. Oh and by the way in case anybody wonders why “nothing“ cost $48,000 per coin, this is why. this is also why gold is trading for double it’s real world value.

Tick tock tick tock....

These guys are onto something. I'd say, that within 2 years there will be a trigger event, which will lead to a heavy negative yield on almost all classes of investments, barring some groups of physical assets.

And this time, all the tools are already spent. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/number-blows-world-everything-bubble-edition

22 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

These guys are onto something. I'd say, that within 2 years there will be a trigger event, which will lead to a heavy negative yield on almost all classes of investments, barring some groups of physical assets.

And this time, all the tools are already spent. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/number-blows-world-everything-bubble-edition

Well, I’m well prepared for when SHTF. I’d advise everyone do likewise 

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

have avoided saying anything 'bout the legal aspects o' the senate trial 'cause is a political trial and not legal. senate makes the rules. pundits complaining 'bout hearsay and even Constitutionality o' the trial is misguided as the senate trials is not a federal civil or criminal trial.

nevertheless, when trump's lawyer, michael van der veen, claimed trump knew nothing o' the danger pence faced at the Capitol on january 6, we had an "oh fudge" moment.  why would he do that? republican senators knew what happened and didn't care. apparently pence didn't care in any meaningful way that trump were tweeting criticisms o' pence while the attacks were in full swing.

gonna now start discovery? is possible an agreement where certain facts previous uncontroversial is agreed to as stipulated and entered into the record. otherwise...

HA! Good Fun!

ps

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

31 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

have avoided saying anything 'bout the legal aspects o' the senate trial 'cause is a political trial and not legal. senate makes the rules. pundits complaining 'bout hearsay and even Constitutionality o' the trial is misguided as the senate trials is not a federal civil or criminal trial.

nevertheless, when trump's lawyer, michael van der veen, claimed trump knew nothing o' the danger pence faced at the Capitol on january 6, we had an "oh fudge" moment.  why would he do that? republican senators knew what happened and didn't care. apparently pence didn't care in any meaningful way that trump were tweeting criticisms o' pence while the attacks were in full swing.

gonna now start discovery? is possible an agreement where certain facts previous uncontroversial is agreed to as stipulated and entered into the record. otherwise...

HA! Good Fun!

ps

Hi Gromnir

Nice  to see you posting again, you have been quiet lately and for some reason I was worried about you....maybe it was your story about the Shingles vaccine? Anyway good to see you okay :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

14 hours ago, Gromnir said:

HA! Good Fun!

ps

Haha, what a joke of a lawyer he doesn't have a fancy big firm, he doesn't take huge cases, my super friends will win. LoL.

And yet he beat your Democrats friends behinds like a bunch of kids in a schoolyard. It must really sting when the underdog you talk crap about wins.

I've read the highlights and his arguments about Dems hipocrisy, witch hunt, cancel culture etc. Were spot on.

GoTrump24

166215__front.jpg

To be fair Biden also had his big day when one of his staffers had to resign for abusing a female reporter.

Go Biden. Now you only need a sexual assault and pedophilia charges to complete a Democratic Administration bingo. And it hasn't been a month.

Edited by Skarpen
  • Haha 1

166215__front.jpg

Washington DC, where one rat tribe tries to convince everyone the other rat tribe is a rat tribe. They are both right. Just because one is worse doesn't make the other good. 

And which one IS worse is a fluid situation. Right now it's the red rats. Later it will be the blue. In the past they have rotated. 

F--k all of them. There are naught but villains here. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Washington DC, where one rat tribe tries to convince everyone the other rat tribe is a rat tribe. They are both right. Just because one is worse doesn't make the other good. 

And which one IS worse is a fluid situation. Right now it's the red rats. Later it will be the blue. In the past they have rotated. 

At least there's only one Q-Anon loon in the Congress. Then again, knowing you Americans, might be more in 2022.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

37 minutes ago, Malcador said:

At least there's only one Q-Anon loon in the Congress. Then again, knowing you Americans, might be more in 2022.

There's at least two, Greene and the gun lady from Colorado. 

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

4 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Both mainstream parties are vehemently anti east yet there's people who claim to hate both parties but also hate the Eastern bloc just like both parties of government, this contradiction doesn't make sense to me.

14 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I said before I side with the memes, but fishing is fine too.

leftright.jpg

Better post this here than in the funny thread, just in case.

Funny how neither side really addresses economic inequality and is more obsessed with identity politics and it's platitudes.

Which leads me to believe that both parties are Nazi losers and we need a tough leader who addresses the economic situation in the U.S. with very little regards to race/gender etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KaineParker said:

There's at least two, Greene and the gun lady from Colorado. 

Ah forgot about her being into the Qanon BS.  Thought she was just bog standard gun nut.

13 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Haha, what a joke of a lawyer he doesn't have a fancy big firm, he doesn't take huge cases, my super friends will win. LoL.

And yet he beat your Democrats friends behinds like a bunch of kids in a schoolyard. It must really sting when the underdog you talk crap about wins.

I've read the highlights and his arguments about Dems hipocrisy, witch hunt, cancel culture etc. Were spot on.

GoTrump24

can't keep your eye on the ball, eh? the post you quoted included our observation that the trial were political and the law were a side show aspect. the conclusion were never in doubt.

trump's acquittal were a pyrrhic victory. is unclear how devastating to the republicans were the loss. depending on how the covid and economic situation is the next couple years will be more significant than the trump trial, but again, the point o' the trial were never to change hearts and minds o' the mob. there were never any chance 17 republicans would do the right thing if the evidence warranted a conviction. decisions to acquit were made before the trial started. the acquittal were never in doubt. is why in an earlier post we observed how matt gaetz would actual be a superior choice for trump's defense 'cause were never 'bought lawyering. 

the point o' the trial were to make trump actions appear indefensible to some % o' voting republicans and then have republican senators need defend the indefensible. didn't need convince a large % o' republicans neither. were never gonna change the minds o' the base or other gibbering maniacs we all have come to know these past +4 years; you all know who you are.  the aim were to change the pov o' a small percentage o' republicans and based on the recent election which trump lost, at least a few republicans with college educations were open to changing their minds. gonna remind you and others that enough republicans had recent chosen not-trump and that were before the chaos at the Capitol on january 6. the goal o' the trial for democrats were to cement for many republicans that they made the correct choice not voting for trump in 2020 and to make certain republicans in washington had to announce their approval or disavowal o' trump. 

the incompetence o' trump lawyers were clear to most, but it never needed be obvious to all. not apparent to skarp_one? big shock, eh? lindsey graham, in spite o' being spineless, were correct on one point. the trial and the excuses made for defending the indefensible has a serious chance o' haunting republicans in the years to come. the republican party is divided and the trial forced republicans to polarize further, which will make it more difficult to win in 2022.  not impossible by any stretch. again, covid and the economy will be much bigger issues.

however, am gonna admit call trump's acquittal "pyrrhic" is unfair... to pyrrhus. the greek general were a brilliant battlefield commander. hannibal included pyrrhus in his extreme short list o' the greatest military commanders in history: alexander, pyrrhus, himself. the field general efforts o' trump's lawyers do not make one think o' hannibal. maybe gideon pillow? gomer pyle perhaps? 

HA! Good Fun!

ps we mentioned pillow with a certain self-aware irony 'cause as incompetent as he were on the battlefield, am understanding he had some success as an attorney after the civil war. perhaps pillow were a slip-and-fall lawyer? dunno.

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

HA! Good Fun!

ps we mentioned pillow with a certain self-aware irony 'cause as incompetent as he were on the battlefield, am understanding he had some success as an attorney after the civil war. perhaps pillow were a slip-and-fall lawyer? dunno.

He should have stuck with being a lawyer. Or maybe not. His unauthorized advance into Kentucky made them sympathetic to the Union. Plus you could argue he, Floyd, and Buckner lost the war when they abandoned Fort Donaldson (and their men) to Grant. That mostly settled the war in the west. 

But probably just as well. Had the CSA had competent leadership in the west who knows how much longer it might have dragged on.

Thomas Sowell

pps speaking o' pyrrhic victories, am gonna remind all the people who were cheering raffensperger for standing up to trump and similar congratulating trump appointed judges for dismissing trump campaign election cases, that yesterday's heroes is gonna be in the news all too soon and for same/different reasons. reaffensperger did more to suppress the georgia vote count than perhaps any single secretary o' state. literal hundreds o' thousands o' voters purged from the rolls close to the election in spite o' georgia being an automatic registration state. raffensperger were a bad guy if you are a voting rights advocate. he drew a line in the sand at the overt fraud trump appeared to be demanding o' him, but the georgia secretary o' state single-handed did more to help trump reelection efforts in the peach state than any other person you might care to name.

the thing is, individual action such as raffensperger nonsense as well as state legislatures placing more limits on voter registration is gonna be the republican game plan going forward and they are gonna be aggressive 'bout their efforts. in battleground states with automatic registration, the republicans lost. period. so, is republicans in places such as michigan or pennsylvania where they got state legislature majorities and more than a few overt qanon members in leadership positions gonna advocate for ways to enhance voter registration or is they gonna increase their efforts to suppress? democrats historical do not vote. for decades republicans have depended on democrat indolence, but they ain't gonna assume democrats are gonna go back to their habitual apathy in 2022 and 2024. republicans now have the trump base and they know just how rabid those people are. if republicans want an edge in future elections, they know they gotta see a return to democrat indifference or they can take matters into their own hands and suppress votes in battleground states where they have a legislative majority. is not difficult to predict what happens, eh?

we made this point more than once, but needs repeating. for decades, voting rights groups has attempted to get judicial relief when states impose new and harsher limits on the franchise. those voting rights groups almost always fail 'cause o' lack o' standing. if you were laughing or cheering every time the trump campaign had their equal protection claims summarily dismissed by the courts, you need consider just how (not) amusing is gonna be when same thing happens to a historical marginalized minority group complaining that a voting limit disproportionate affects them. the senate passed little in the way o' legislation the past couple years, but they did confirm fed judges at a historic rate. those judges were no more willing than raffesperger to commit fraud, but they were given district and appellate court appointments not to legitimize trump's attempt to steal an election but 'cause they were known to be sympathetic to some o' the more extreme conservative positions on gun control, abortion and voting rights. 

so, get ready for a particular ugly next couple years.

HA! Good Fun!

Georgia state Republicans already introduced a few bills to alter current voting law, including one requiring a 'valid excuse' to be eligible to request an absentee voter ballot.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They're undoubtedly afeared that Stacey Abrams will win in 2022 and make it so they can no longer continue to pull such shenanigans. The beatings purges will continue until morale improves Republicans win!

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.