We being poisoned...all of us !!!

BruceVC

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/11/8801601/dark-waters-true-story-dupont-chemical-spill-lawyer

As some of you may be aware I dont support conspiracy theories and sweeping statements about the private sector being corrupt and responsible for all the inequality and woes in the world but this is different 

I watched a movie last night called Dark Waters and as the link explains its all about a USA company called Du Pont that for decades has been using carcinogenic chemicals in most of their kitchen products that all of us use and apparently still use 

They reckon that 99 % of all citizens globally have these chemicals in our bodies

I recommend people watching this movie and I am looking for any opinions around how true this is and what should be happening going forward

But its scary how Du Pont knew how dangerous these chemicals were and how they caused numerous problems like birth defects and how many people died in West Virginia due to long lasting issues due to cancer related causes

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

But its scary how Du Pont knew how dangerous these chemicals were and how they caused numerous problems like birth defects and how many people died in West Virginia due to long lasting issues due to cancer related causes

Hey, welcome to the real world. The only thing that would scare someone like DuPond is getting caught. Because that hurts the dividends. I'm sure they supported Trump and his deregulation, getting rid of environmental controls and "anything goes for corporations" policy.

It's never too late. There is always room for one more anarchist ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Hey, welcome to the real world. The only thing that would scare someone like DuPond is getting caught. Because that hurts the dividends. I'm sure they supported Trump and his deregulation, getting rid of environmental controls and "anything goes for corporations" policy.

It's never too late. There is always room for one more anarchist ;)

But Gorthfuscious you must watch this movie.....its really troubling and concerning. And I would like your informed opinion on the reality of the message and outcome from this movie 

We live in an era where science and medicine are at an unprecedented level of advancement and we can cure so many diseases and we know so much about the human body yet we also have more cases of cancer and other ailments  than ever seen before. I use to think this was primarily due to diets but it could be directly related to this Du Pont appalling scandal 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Not the first time humans widely used materials that turned out to be hazardous in the long run. 

The problem is as always the way corporations are treated by law.

Agreed but  this Du Pont disgrace needs global citizens to be aware of it 

John Milton