Can't place foundation blocks next to each other...

Just got into the game a few weeks ago and loving it, as well as all the online content on YouTube, etc.

Having a problem on PC Steam version, placing multiple foundation blocks... either clay or pebblet. I can place one, and stack it as high as I'd like, but I am unable to place any others... this applies to ramps and blocks, clay and pebble, in any of the 8 adjacent spaces. This is happening in my Survival game, as well as in a Creative game I started solely to test the foundations. I see all kinds of towns/cities built online and they all have floors/walls made of pebblet foundations, so I know it's possible.

Am I bugged somehow, or is this a known issue?

Thanks all, see you in the yard! 

Foundations.jpg

Edited by Egghead Ed
Specified PC/Steam

You might have a different problem, I struggled with this at the beginning. What I thing happens is that due to the slope in the right the foundation is not completely on the ground, so it's not allowed. It's usually best start building from low-ground to high-ground, so you can stack more foundations on the low-ground to keep it on the same level. I suspect that if you'd started building the right foundation where it was allowed, the left one wouldn't have been a problem.

2 hours ago, ossyahn said:

You might have a different problem, I struggled with this at the beginning. What I thing happens is that due to the slope in the right the foundation is not completely on the ground, so it's not allowed. It's usually best start building from low-ground to high-ground, so you can stack more foundations on the low-ground to keep it on the same level. I suspect that if you'd started building the right foundation where it was allowed, the left one wouldn't have been a problem.

Thanks @ossyahn but the problem persists regardless of terrain or biome. I've tried on flat dirt, on a flat stone, top of a log, etc...  I'll keep trying, but the more I snoop, I've found a few people this is affecting. Thanks man.

I've been testing today and you were absolutely right, but it's not always, it's very arbitrary. I'm actually planning to file a bug. Sometimes it allows you to place some foundations near to others, but then in a position where it should work, it just doesn't. And that happens vertically too. Foundations are very buggy at the moment it seams.

• Thanks 1

I filed a bug and they answered that despite not being in the known issues list this is a known issue that they're investigating right now. Hopefully there'll be something done for the upcoming update. I will try it in the open server when they open access and see if it's fixed there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I found others with this problem.  I was going crazy trying to figure out why I can't place foundation pieces.  It seems completely random where it will and will not let me place foundation pieces next to each other.