Politics US Edition (2021!)

Amentep

19 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Next steps

make US flag turn to rainbow colors 🌈😅

Pay reparations for emotional damages due to US history

Put wrong thinkers in the re-education camps. 

Etc. 

You forgot mandatory sexual conversion treatment for heterosexual males!

no I’m not being facetious and I’m not making it up. This was something that I know people who were afraid of.

• Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That makes all the things I’m afraid of seem insignificant doesn’t it? After all, next to that and unenforceable climate agreements and identiity politics and other dumb theories of impossible social engineering why would anyone be afraid of economic mismanagement? Debt monetization and currency devaluation? Hyper inflation? Eminent domain? Gun control and the erosion of property rights? 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

20 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

no I’m not being facetious and I’m not making it up. This was something that I know people who were afraid of.

Well that's possible, if you really believe that being homosexual is a life style choice and can be treated and/or corrected, then certainly you can apply the reverse and force someone to become homosexual.

• Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

25 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

That makes all the things I’m afraid of seem insignificant doesn’t it? After all, next to that and unenforceable climate agreements and identiity politics and other dumb theories of impossible social engineering why would anyone be afraid of economic mismanagement? Debt monetization and currency devaluation? Hyper inflation? Eminent domain? Gun control and the erosion of property rights? 

Well, you are lucky that all the printed money goes straight to the top. With low velocity of cash movement, you won't experience the hyper inflation, but you can kiss goodbye to your purchasing power of your current retirement plan, when you will actually need it. 

I'd say invest in actual gold, when it drops to ca 1400-1500 on the current spending spree euphory. Long term, it's the best insurance of a stable relative value, and sometimes you can even cash in. 

If you have a bunker, buy it physical.

Not sure where the VIX index is now, but if it's in 20s-30s I'd safe bet some leveraged CFDs bid against it for a quick buck. 

I'm also sure that food prices will go up continously at a higher rate than official CPI, so some commodity trading opportunity there as well. 

Waiting for a crash on dreams fueled stocks. Not going to chase the stocks now. 

Real estate-land and farm-land are safe bets too. You can use low interest environment for a loan and hedge on some TSYs to cover for running cost increases long term, once FED will start increasing the rates. 

37 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Only 988 years left. You're almost there! 👍

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

@Guard Dog

Don't worry, daddy govt will take care of you. I just recalled some old piece. 

"" "" 

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us “Please Do Not Feed the Animals.” Their stated reason is because “The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.”

Thus ends today’s lesson in irony.

"" "" 

• Haha 1

https://www.timesnownews.com/international/article/china-sanctions-28-americans-including-mike-pompeo-for-disrupting-beijing-washington-relations/709899

China has sanctioned 29 Americans and basically people part of the Trump presidency who are basically all gone now for " hatred against China " :lol:

The Chinese make me laugh sometimes, they so brave  they had to wait until Biden was definitely elected in case Trump somehow became president and Trump was the only person I can recall the Chinese were scared of

They dont fear Biden and think he will be softer on them and less effective and have less appetite around taking them on....sadly I think they will be right but also because Biden needs to focus on the pandemic which makes sense 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.timesnownews.com/international/article/china-sanctions-28-americans-including-mike-pompeo-for-disrupting-beijing-washington-relations/709899

China has sanctioned 29 Americans and basically people part of the Trump presidency who are basically all gone now for " hatred against China " :lol:

The Chinese make me laugh sometimes, they so brave  they had to wait until Biden was definitely elected in case Trump somehow became president and Trump was the only person I can recall the Chinese were scared of

They dont fear Biden and think he will be softer on them and less effective and have less appetite around taking them on....sadly I think they will be right but also because Biden needs to focus on the pandemic which makes sense 

Not really, dems have a history of slavery. They just outsourced that feature to China, so big corps can use the workforce there. Also, they will need their money to finance debt. I believ there was a raise in TSY bought by China for the first time since the spat with Trump. 

Dems will wiggle finger at Russians and bomb something in middle east - back to normal. 

But first they will focus on making sure that they will make their US opposition impotent, so they will not lose a WH next election. 

half of food stamp recipients is children. 2/3 o' all US supported food assistance benefits children and families with children. 

darkpriest is okie dokie with children going hungry? all those damn toddlers and tweens with their expectations o' handouts need be taught valuable life lessons sooner rather than later.

perhaps implement the kurgan plan as a replacement for SNAP. let the kids fight hungry dogs for meat. sure, few will survive, but the survivors will be uruk-hai, dune fremen, spartan tough.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Stop talking to the crazy guy on the corner, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

34 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

@Guard Dog

"" "" 

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us “Please Do Not Feed the Animals.” Their stated reason is because “The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.”

"" "" 

That’s it! Close this thread now you winThat’s it! Close this thread now you win

Thomas Sowell

10 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

half of food stamp recipients is children. 2/3 o' all US supported food assistance benefits children and families with children. 

darkpriest is okie dokie with children going hungry? all those damn toddlers and tweens with their expectations o' handouts need be taught valuable life lessons sooner rather than later.

perhaps implement the kurgan plan as a replacement for SNAP. let the kids fight hungry dogs for meat. sure, few will survive, but the survivors will be uruk-hai, dune fremen, spartan tough.

HA! Good Fun!

Hmm, are those children from full households? Why decide on having children, if you have problems keeping yourself afloat? Perhaps look at a source, not at the outcome. Handouts lead to irresponsibility. 

33 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

@Guard Dog

"" "" 

"" "" 

Yeah human rights are just bad for people

Article 22.

Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

4 minutes ago, Elerond said:

Yeah human rights are just bad for people

Article 22.

Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

And at the same time, people call for change in life style, because there are too many people. 

At which point you will come to a breaking point, where there is simply not enough resources to cover those rights? 

Will you whip others to provide for you the sustinance or care? 

Being responsible helps long term more than any top-down program

Edited by Darkpriest

17 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

HA! Good Fun!

Oh come on it was funny LOL

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

Just now, Darkpriest said:

And at the same time, people call for change in life style, because there are too many people. 

At which point you will come to a breaking point, where there is simply not enough resources to cover those rights? 

Will you whip others to provide for you the sustinance or care? 

lets put those unwanted people on consecration camps and burn them, and world is saved 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Elerond said:

lets put those unwanted people on consecration camps and burn them, and world is saved 

I was imagining more of a soylent green solution. You know? Killing two birds with one stone. 😆

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

GD I think you should give it a go, I have always thought you could be a hot women 

Also in life you cannot truly say you dont like something until you have tried it ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, BruceVC said:

GD I think you should give it a go, I have always thought you could be a hot women 

Also in life you cannot truly say you dont like something until you have tried it ?

Bruce I am 6 foot five and I weigh 220 pounds. I would make the ugliest woman you have ever seen! And there is nothing about the mail form I find attractive LOL!

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

7 minutes ago, Elerond said:

Now you are exaggerating. That's assisted genocide. 

Stop helping people to make irresponsible decisions. Eventually people will learn not to make irresponsible decisions if there is a high risk of high personal cost and loss. 

Btw, conflict for life sustaining resources will be more ugly than allowing some people to feel consequences of bad decisions now. 

That's where you will get to genocide level actions

Edited by Darkpriest

2 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Really? I've never tried driving a white hot poker through my scrotum, and I'm resonably certain I wouldn't like it. But if you want we can try that on you? :p

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

4 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Now you are exaggerating. That's assisted genocide. 

Stop helping people to make irresponsible decisions. 

Clearly it is better let people die on hunger and cold than just letting them out of their misery and accepting that both will lead to same result

Edited by Elerond

3 minutes ago, Elerond said:

Clearly it is better let people die on hunger and cold than just letting them out of their misery and accepting that both will lead to same result

One is the decison of their own actions. You are not responsible for what they bring on themselves. 

The other one is result of your arbitrary action. You are smart enough to know the difference and not put both in the same class, even as the outcome is in both cases death. 

Edited by Darkpriest

3 minutes ago, majestic said:

Really? I've never tried driving a white hot poker through my scrotum, and I'm resonably certain I wouldn't like it. But if you want we can try that on you? :p

You Austrians are cheeky ...you know that right :biggrin:

• Haha 1

John Milton