Politics US Edition (2021!)

Amentep

And he is in the list:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/investigations-regarding-violence-capitol

Which in general is a boring read and not much book throwing seems to be happening at anyone.

Which mainly comes down to too little law enforcement to do meaningful arrests as things happened.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

3 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Why are you lying? I'm practically the only one here that consistently condemned both BLM rioting and Capitol attack. All the moralists and "constitutionalists" on their high horses that claimed BLM rioting was a good thing and all they did was excercise their right to protest did completele 180 when it was the other side.

All I did was post an interesting article. I'm relly surprised this aggravated so many of the "tolerant left" here.

am curious. which constitutionalist is you referencing? careful, 'cause am recalling your curious stance regarding hk violence compared to your blanket attribution o' such to blm protests. you admitted that the reason you saw blm protests as bad while accepting hk were precisely 'cause o' the motivations o' the blm protesters.

meanwhile, am recalling many who pointed out that those involved in violence related to blm protests were not deserving sympathy and should be prosecuted; a position wholly consistent with the condemnation o' Capitol rioters.

we got the receipts. do you? you gonna resort to a trumpy, "everybody knows," or are you gonna pony up some proof for a change?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Is anyone watching some of the new video footage about the rioters that got into the main room? You can see the Cosplay guy and others demonstrating utter contempt for the Capitol sanctity. They also end up doing some bizarre group prayer ???

But a few things are patently clear, they genuinely believed they had moral high ground , they were following Trumps instructions and they did believe most Senate members had " betrayed " the US Democracy 

There was even 1 Capitol policeman who was trying desperately to restrain them  by pleading with them and you hear him and the ex-colonel saying things like " guys you must respect this room ".....which made no difference 

Its worth watching 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• Thanks 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Is anyone watching some of the new video footage about the rioters that got into the main room? You can see the Cosplay guy and others demonstrating utter contempt for the Capitol sanctity. They also end up doing some bizarre group prayer ???

Sort of sad to watch really. 

And Parler seems to have discovered there are other web hosting services out there - https://www.businessinsider.com/parler-website-is-back-online-2021-1

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wonder if we are about to go through a far right scare that is akin to the red scare of the 1950s? They're worried about an inside threat among the national guard troops now.

• Hmmm 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

19 minutes ago, rjshae said:

I wonder if we are about to go through a far right scare that is akin to the red scare of the 1950s? They're worried about an inside threat among the national guard troops now.

At last, conservatives in the US will have some persecution to cry about.  FBI vetting NG troops for this isn't too surprising, may be routine as well all considered (well not by FBI, neccesarily, I imagine the Army has a branch for that)

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

26 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Maybe, on one hand the far-right is consistently deadlier than any analogous groups of other ideological alignments, on the other hand the authorities have had this data for years but instead chose to focus on animal rights groups or "Black Identity Extremists" and in addition there is significant far-right penetration into various police forces and military. Personally I think there's going to be a brief conversation about the danger of far-right terror that will fade without anything being done.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The following image is being posted for humor and amusement purposes only. Guard Dog (herein referred to as poster) did not create the image. Poster implies no political message and assumes no responsibility for any message, instructions, or inferences drawn by the viewer of the image. The image does not represent the views of the poster nor, to the specific knowledge of the poster, the views of any other persons living or dead.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c9eec58cf13b8df8da2c1e68058ddbe7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

29 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Possibly with people both genuinely concerned and the overreaction 

But I doubt it as the red scare was about the Cold War and the global clash of civilizations, Democracy vs Dictatorships. Communism was a global, established threat that almost every country was dealing with either through proxy wars or internal, real ideological movements

The global right-wing definitely doesnt have the resources or presence or support like the USSR so I dont think we should be too concerned

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, rjshae said:

I think we've been there since 2016.  I live in a deep blue state but I see MAGA dolts everywhere.

EDIT:  But the thing is, right wing extremism has been prevalent in our society for many decades!  It's just the establishment/ruling/media class has always overlooked them and underestimated the threat they pose, until it came up and bit them in the ass.

Edited by ComradeMaster

7 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

I think we've been there since 2016.  I live in a deep blue state but I see MAGA dolts everywhere.

Which state do you live in Comrade ?

John Milton 

24 minutes ago, Raithe said:

EsCYw0qXcAwLfid?format=jpg&name=small

Southerners will remember this as the second Lost Cause

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

FBI vetting NG troops for this isn't too surprising, may be routine as well all considered (well not by FBI, neccesarily, I imagine the Army has a branch for that)

Presumably vetting is extremely routine for Secret Service types, and it certainly ought to be done as a matter of course if outsiders have to be brought in for special occasions.

I know there's probably a legal reason for it but National Guard fundamentally seems like a weird choice for extra security, from the outside.

27 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

I know there's probably a legal reason for it but National Guard fundamentally seems like a weird choice for extra security, from the outside.

Probably simpler than trying to find that many officers - although, not sure they really need 26,000  - and from the past summer seems they'll mostly be there for things you don't need much LE experience for (insert use of force joke here).  Although with the FBI, MPD and CPF they could come decently close. 

Never realized how large the NYPD is, but they could (in theory) meet that requirement and still have 10k left. 

Edited by Malcador

Let the name of Trump be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of the United States of America. Let the name of Trump be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men and women for all time.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

48 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Let the name of Trump be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of the United States of America. Let the name of Trump be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men and women for all time.

Only if he leads MAGA into the desert for 40 years.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Only if he leads MAGA into the desert for 40 years.

They already know where Oklahoma is. 

• Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Didn't we already go through an iconoclasm last year?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

3 hours ago, HoonDing said:

I hear we’re even changing the rules of the game spades.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Cultural appropriation!

OMG Im stressed .... stressed, where is the safe space? Where is the puppy and cafe latte? 😂

thinking back on my previous post, is it spades or hearts that uses Trump cards? I forget.

Thomas Sowell