Funny Stuff: Humour of the Clones

Amentep

1612972973-20210210.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Reminds me of a lot of my lectures actually, such as our prof excitedly talking about the effect of a conductive surface on an antenna doubling it's effective length and just getting dead eyed stares. 

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Reminds me of a lot of my lectures actually, such as our prof excitedly talking about the effect of a conductive surface on an antenna doubling it's effective length and just getting dead eyed stares. 

One of the more memorable professors I had brought a box of meter sticks to class so he could whack them against the lecturn, the table, the rails for the lecture hall and the walls for emphasis.  When he broke one, he'd just pull out another and keep whacking.

He was also known for climbing over the chairs of the lecture hall to pick on people if no one volunteered an answer.

He started the lecture by throwing the book we were using into the garbage and then throwing the garbage can against the wall.  

He was already a professor emeritus at that point, he just taught to have fun.

But yeah a lot of my other lectures were like this.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

4 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

The complete lack of any reaction is my life every day on zoom.

Maybe your zoom froze?

Have you tried appearing as a cat?

• Haha 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, Amentep said:

One of the more memorable professors I had brought a box of meter sticks to class so he could whack them against the lecturn, the table, the rails for the lecture hall and the walls for emphasis.  When he broke one, he'd just pull out another and keep whacking.

He was also known for climbing over the chairs of the lecture hall to pick on people if no one volunteered an answer.

He started the lecture by throwing the book we were using into the garbage and then throwing the garbage can against the wall.  

He was already a professor emeritus at that point, he just taught to have fun.

But yeah a lot of my other lectures were like this.

Was wondering how much coke he was on before I got to the emeritus part.  Our emeritus prof used his security to verbally abuse us all

"Why are you here instead of community college?"

"This equation's virtue is AMPERE'S LAW YOU HOMUNCULI"

"Asking me that question shows you are too stupid to be taking this course"

Was good fun.  As he's telling us we're ignorant trogolodytes barely worthy of life, everyone's just staring ahead immune to it all :lol:

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That reminds me there was a tenured professor who when he got his tenure stopped wearing shoes on campus, and whenever he was forced to go to a meeting would put his feet on the table for everyone else to look at.

Ah, academia... :lol:

I don't recall anyone who was terribly abusive, but I never went to any of the powerhouse schools by reputation around.  Just a few "if you can't pass my course, you're not cut out for this" types.

4 hours ago, Oner said:

3281605.jpg

Ahh, the good old Epic40K days (the first Games Workshop game I played like 30 years ago). Our resident Imperial Guard player had 3 squadrons of Baneblades, Shadowswords and other super heavies (we played large armies back then, sometimes fielding 20000 points a side in a battle). Still no match for my Ork army on a day where Gork and Mork favoured my dice rolls. On a bad day... I wiped my own army in my own first turn without the opponent ever firing a shot 😂

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein