The fast-growing cloud gaming platform has become my number one choice. Recently a representative for Stadia Games expressed that they're looking to get more RPGs out, particularly from next year and on. The RPG genre is in fact the only one which has been singled out in particular. 

I thought PoE must be a perfect fit.

Both PoEs run on rel. old hardware (not smoothly necessarily but they do run).

Also they work on Win/Linux/Mac.

So your hardware and OS are not really a limiting factor - something that cloud gaming wants to overcome.

So maybe that's why those games are not the no.1 focus now. Also the player base isn't that big to begin with. 

Are the Divinity games there?

Also I know that several Obsidian devs are not very fond of Cloud Gaming in general - the dev/publishers have to agree to their game getting put on Stadia. If they don't like the while business model it could also explain why their games are not there. 

Is Outer Worlds on Stadia? Any Obsidian game?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Since Stadia is operated by Google and Obsidian is purchased by Microsoft presumably as a massive push for Microsoft-specific gaming, I doubt any OBS product will end up on Stadia. More likely to all end up on Game Pass.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:57 AM, Boeroer said:

So your hardware and OS are not really a limiting factor - something that cloud gaming wants to overcome.

Even on a relatively new macbook pro with a discrete GPU, I have to tune down Deadfire alot and PoE1 quite a bit. Not a lot of people have dedicated CPUs they can put towards gaming. I'd be a fan of any option that lets me max out settings on modest hardware.

Hm, I played PoE on a notebook with a 555M and it ran rel. well. I wouldn't say that this game desprerately calls for cloud gaming. But anyway: your point abput Microsoft/Google is a good one and makes most others moot in the first place. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Hm, I played PoE on a notebook with a 555M and it ran rel. well.

PoE series is more GPU dependant then CPU or RAM. It actually eat quite little ram, but on my laptop with integrated radeon card games run like a slog despite decent gpu memory and 8GB ram

• 3 weeks later...

Pillars of Eterninty 2 needs to be on some *** damn cloud platform. 

It got pulled from GFN and I was f****** irate. Its a great game which is a really poor experience on Integrated GPUs. Its a perfect fit for cloud gaming.